Remove ads

Introducing the LemonFools Personal Finance Calculators

Logging onto Interactive Investor?

Discuss Brokers, trading, fees, experiences
stevensfo
Lemon Slice

Logging onto Interactive Investor?

Postby stevensfo » June 30th, 2018, 3:40 pm

Anyone had any problems. I haven't been able to log on for about 4 days. I've tried using Firefox and Explorer both from home and work but no success. Username and password unchanged. It seems to try for a few minutes, then gives up. No error message about username etc.

But strangely, I am able to log on using my phone!

Steve

dspp
Lemon Quarter

Re: Logging onto Interactive Investor?

Postby dspp » June 30th, 2018, 4:57 pm

stevensfo wrote:Anyone had any problems. I haven't been able to log on for about 4 days. I've tried using Firefox and Explorer both from home and work but no success. Username and password unchanged. It seems to try for a few minutes, then gives up. No error message about username etc.

But strangely, I am able to log on using my phone!

Steve

Just logged in with Chrome to check before responding. All fine. Are you using https://secure.ii.co.uk/webbroker2/ which is what I use ?

regards, dspp

stevensfo
Lemon Slice

Postby stevensfo » June 30th, 2018, 6:42 pm

Thanks for the confirmation that it still works.

I've just tried Chrome as well and still the same problem. I'm in Italy, so can only assume that they've recently added some security feature that stops access from outside the UK. Though that wouldn't explain why I can use my mobile phone which uses the same WiFi.

Will experiment more soon. Not a huge priority, just a bit irritating. I don't add to this ISA any more, just choose how to re-invest dividends.

Steve

johnhemming
Lemon Quarter

Postby johnhemming » June 30th, 2018, 7:48 pm

I have just logged in without any problem from Chrome on Win10

iiuzr

Postby iiuzr » July 7th, 2018, 6:21 pm

I'm having the same problem. After clicking the login button, it goes to a new page with just Interactive Investor banner at the top of the page and it's all blank below it, the browser tab has that circle turning (indicating that the page is still loading), it stays that way for several minutes until the browser gives up and shows an error.

I'm using Firefox on Debian Linux, this problem only started last week or so. I've managed to avoid this problem by using a different browser, but I really want to go back to Firefox.

I doubt it's a security feature, as I've been using the same computer/OS/browser/InternetConnection and I'm in the UK.

Interactive Investor has been updating the web site recently according to the link below (I don't have permission to post links, so I put it in a code block)

Code: Select all

https://www.ii.co.uk/discussion/t/ii-update-why-the-change-and-the-features-we-are-working-on/1141708

I don't know if that's the cause of this problem

Breelander
Lemon Quarter

Postby Breelander » July 7th, 2018, 6:39 pm

iiuzr wrote:I'm having the same problem... I'm using Firefox on Debian Linux, this problem only started last week or so. I've managed to avoid this problem by using a different browser, but I really want to go back to Firefox.

Welcome to LemonFool.
I don't think it's quite the same problem, this thread was started a week ago and no one has been back to say they're still having problems. I've just signed in to ii without a problem with Firefox on Windows 10.

Have you tried the 'standard' fix of clearing you browser's cache and cookies?

iiuzr

Postby iiuzr » July 7th, 2018, 8:08 pm

My problem also started a week ago or so, I initially ignored it thinking it's a problem with the site and it'd be fixed soon. I have this problem on 2 computers running different versions of Linux. I have tried more than the standard fix.
  • I removed the Firefox profile directory (cookies, preference, history and add-on etc all gone)
  • I tried both Firefox-ESR 52 from the Debian repository and Firefox 61 from Mozilla.
  • I tried setting user agent string to the same as the one used by the browser that works with the site
This might be more than a browser problem, Firefox loading the page for several minutes then showing an error seems to suggest that the connection timed out. So it might be a combination of Firefox and the network connection.

Breelander
Lemon Quarter

Postby Breelander » July 7th, 2018, 9:13 pm

iiuzr wrote: Firefox loading the page for several minutes then showing an error seems to suggest that the connection timed out. So it might be a combination of Firefox and the network connection.

Odd one, all I can say is that Firefox 61.0.1 (x64) has no problems on Windows 10. So it's not Firefox as such, it might be the way the combination of Firefox and Debian Linux handle the network connections.

It may be better to ask on (or for the mods to split the thread and move your post to) the Computers, TVs & Phones board where the Linux gurus hang out.

BTW, have you tried Waterfox?

dspp
Lemon Quarter

Postby dspp » July 7th, 2018, 11:59 pm

I use Chrome for ii and am getting in OK. A friend is getting in OK on Safari,

I will flag this up in the IT board and see if they have any ideas.

regards, dspp

Itsallaguess
Lemon Quarter

Postby Itsallaguess » July 8th, 2018, 6:02 am

I've not had any problems logging into my 'Research Account' at all over recent weeks.

I use Windows 10 with a Firefox browser, and can log in using the link below without any issues -

https://www.ii.co.uk/login/

Cheers,

Itsallaguess

mutantpoodle
2 Lemon pips

Postby mutantpoodle » July 8th, 2018, 9:32 am

I had no problems last week using Safari whilst in Portugal
however i think the new site is terrible and will be moving my portfolio away to somewhere more easy to operate

stevensfo
Lemon Slice

Postby stevensfo » July 8th, 2018, 12:02 pm

Well, it's been over a week now and I still can't get into my Trading account from any PC, though the research account is okay. Tried Firefox, Chrome and IE both at work and home, both Windows 7.

BUT my android tablet does get me in!

I can do almost everything with the tablet except check transactions (dividends paid in etc).

Steve

dspp
Lemon Quarter

Postby dspp » July 8th, 2018, 1:38 pm

I've just checked access on my own account - all OK. Using Chrome on Win10.

Yesterday I helped a friend go into theirs for their first time (I set it up a few years ago, they are starting to take their own control). That went OK using an apple iPad. It also went OK using a apple laptop and safari.

I suggest you give them a call.

I really don't know why people are criticising the iii site. I am getting a completely different experience.

regards, dspp

Breelander
Lemon Quarter

Postby Breelander » July 8th, 2018, 2:55 pm

dspp wrote:...I really don't know why people are criticising the iii site. I am getting a completely different experience.

The criticism is probably from III customers who don't like the new (TD Direct, as was) trading platform. As an (originally) TD customer I see little difference bar the logo. I have no problems signing in using Edge or Firefox in Windows 10.

dspp
Lemon Quarter

Postby dspp » July 8th, 2018, 3:15 pm

Breelander wrote:
dspp wrote:...I really don't know why people are criticising the iii site. I am getting a completely different experience.

The criticism is probably from III customers who don't like the new (TD Direct, as was) trading platform. As an (originally) TD customer I see little difference bar the logo. I have no problems signing in using Edge or Firefox in Windows 10.

FWIW I was an iii user, not a TD user.

regards, dspp

Stompa
2 Lemon pips

Postby Stompa » July 8th, 2018, 5:01 pm

Itsallaguess wrote:I've not had any problems logging into my 'Research Account' at all over recent weeks.

I have. It used to ask for 'username' and 'password', but now seems to require 'email address' and 'password'. I've tried every email address that I might have given them, but no luck.

panamagold
Lemon Slice

Postby panamagold » July 11th, 2018, 6:59 pm

Just happened upon this thread. For 10/12 days now I have been unable to have my login credentials access my homepage on ii (previous TDW, previous Charles Schwab and never experienced this).
I use Firefox-V61.01(64 Bit) with Win7 Pro. and, like others, having logged in I am subjected to a blank page with the message in the bottom left of the screen 'Waiting......' After a couple more in vain attempts via bookmarks I typed in the address in the address bar. Hit 'go' and the same eventuality.
However, I dusted down IE and accessed my 'ii' homepage on the first attempt and all subsequent visits I've made. FF have done a couple of updates in the past couple of weeks so I suspect therein lies a glich.

spiderbill
Lemon Slice

Postby spiderbill » August 14th, 2018, 11:14 am

I'm currently at my "retirement" house in Slovenia and have been unable to do anything useful in my ii account for the last week. Have been trying with Firefox and Chrome, and using either a straight connection from my Slovenian ISP or a VPN that gives me a Google ip address. Mostly I can't even log in - getting "Secure Connection Failed" - but occasionally I'll get in on one or the other ip address but can't add money, view transaction history, or buy shares. I've spoken to their Twitter account people about it and the tech team are apparently aware of all the problems I've mentioned, but they don't seem to be getting anywhere with actually fixing them.

Anyone else seeing this - either in the UK or overseas?

On a separate issue I've notice that a number of features no longer work in Firefox recently and this is something I'm seeing on an increasing number of financial sites - unforgiveably poor programming and testing.

cheers
Spiderbill

AbsoFool

Postby AbsoFool » August 15th, 2018, 11:44 am

I've had intermittent problems logging on from France but today no success at all. I'm fed up with ii (and TMF who transferred me there)

puffster

Postby puffster » August 15th, 2018, 4:08 pm

Worked fine for me this morning.

Regards, Puffster

Return to “Brokers and Share Dealing”