Remove ads

Introducing the LemonFools Personal Finance Calculators

Interactive Investor

dspp
Lemon Quarter

Re: Interactive Investor

Postby dspp » March 30th, 2018, 4:01 pm

Has anybody any suggestions as to where to go in the iii web interface for old (ex-iii) customers to get the transaction data for the period April-Dec 2017.

I rather suspect my relaxed Dorisean attitude towards record-keeping is about to bite me in the proverbial when it comes to analysing the annual outcomes.

I can get the mid-Dec 2017 until now data out, but the historic data from prior to their migration ......... !!!

regards, dspp

Bouleversee
Lemon Quarter

Postby Bouleversee » March 30th, 2018, 4:42 pm

It's all ridiculously complicated but try: Overview; top right of page next to logout click on drop down menu against "account", select document history, then migrated documents, select dates, apply filter. Let me know if that works; not absolutely certain unless I am actually doing it. You probably have to select which account you want to look at at some point and I'm not certain that all the documents are there yet or whether it's still a work in progress. I expect someone more knowledgeable will come along later.

dspp
Lemon Quarter

Postby dspp » March 31st, 2018, 12:22 pm

Thanks bouleverse. Unfortunately I couldn't get in to iii yesterday afternoon to try it out, and nor can I today. Is it me or is their site down for another update ?

If so annoying as I'd like to do the end tax year stuff whilst it is raining.

regards, dspp

Bouleversee
Lemon Quarter

Postby Bouleversee » March 31st, 2018, 12:48 pm

dspp

I have just logged on to my account without difficulty and I have managed to access all my transactions for the whole tax year. If you still have problems send me a private message with your phone no and I'll ring you and talk you through it.

dspp
Lemon Quarter

Postby dspp » March 31st, 2018, 2:09 pm

Bouleversee wrote:dspp

I have just logged on to my account without difficulty and I have managed to access all my transactions for the whole tax year. If you still have problems send me a private message with your phone no and I'll ring you and talk you through it.

Got it thank you, am in. It was a logging-in difficulty. Something to do with my GF's new fibre router/ISP I suspect. Am now at my place and all going OK. Have found the documents thank you. They are pdf, so I will have to manually crunch, yuck. Oh well.

Many thanks, dspp

Bouleversee
Lemon Quarter

Postby Bouleversee » March 31st, 2018, 3:04 pm

You can print it out by clicking on the settings and more on your browser; I am on Edge and that's the 3 dots at top right of page.

dspp
Lemon Quarter

Postby dspp » March 31st, 2018, 6:52 pm

Thanks bouleverse, printing is OK. It is the need to wade through the migrated pdf to manually extract divs, trades, B&B, etc.

Anyway now I am back at my GF's house having downloaded the migrated files in pdf, and the post-migration histories as spreadsheets. I am analysing them and seem to have stumbled across another oddity. I am looking at the download of the account history in a spreadsheet and I can see all the GBP dividends neatly labelled as individual entries. However I have also realised that I can see a couple of entries in USD and EUR. It looks to me as if the GBP account history view omits all the foreign currency dividends. Am I right ?*

If so I will need to go into each of the other currency accts and extract the corresponding histories, and tagging all the dividends. Alternatively I can get to the same number by working from the year-end and year-start cash balance, knowing all the trades that happened.

* I'm asking because I can't get online to iii to check my hypothesis from where I am. Resolving my GF's firewall is for another day, now that I have realised it is there.

regards, dspp

Bouleversee
Lemon Quarter

Postby Bouleversee » March 31st, 2018, 7:39 pm

dspp -

Sorry, I can't help you with that. All the divs. shown in my statement are in £s and pence. I presume the miners don't count as foreign shares.

I haven't downloaded anything, just clicked on view and printed if necessary. My main ISA is with IWeb where one can get a list showing just divs. which I have just printed and am in the process of adding up (runs to several pages). Being an 81 yr old widow, not trained on computers, I'm not into spreadsheets etc. so unlikely to be of further help. IWeb shows the foreign divs in sterling, though Walker Crips showed the foreign divs. paid during the administration of my husband's estate in the local currency and have so far failed to provide any tax certificate though they are taxable on the estate. ii will have to send you a tax cert. for any taxable divs. but it will be a while after the end of the tax year and, like me, you may be trying to work out a suitable strategy in view of the lowering of the dividend allowance for non-ISA shares from £5k to £2k in the next tax year and how to make full use of cgt allowance etc. so need to know now. I can't think why these platforms can't keep a running total of divs. rec'd. in the current tax year which would make life a great deal easier.

Good luck with it all.

dspp
Lemon Quarter

Postby dspp » March 31st, 2018, 8:04 pm

bouleversee,
Thanks, I'm getting there. I'd love to spend a few hours with the software people telling them what folks like you and I really want.
regards dspp

gbjbaanb
Lemon Slice

Postby gbjbaanb » April 2nd, 2018, 6:59 pm

dspp wrote:bouleversee,
Thanks, I'm getting there. I'd love to spend a few hours with the software people telling them what folks like you and I really want.
regards dspp

The thing is they are asking for feedback all the time via their community site. They've been very good with me and my 'helpful and not annoying at all' comments about the site and their suggested changes.

Alaric
Lemon Quarter

Postby Alaric » April 2nd, 2018, 8:20 pm

dspp wrote:It looks to me as if the GBP account history view omits all the foreign currency dividends. Am I right ?*

The td platform ran separate histories for each currency. The consolidated tax certificate which they usually managed to publish in May would itemise everything.

Bouleversee wrote: I can't think why these platforms can't keep a running total of divs. rec'd. in the current tax year which would make life a great deal easier.

That's actually a good point, now more important with the limits on dividends being free of tax. With 30 years plus experience of spreadsheets, I've not found it any great bother to periodically copy the transaction history and paste it to my home made dividend history record.

syrio
Lemon Pip

Postby syrio » April 5th, 2018, 11:57 am

Looks like the II website isn't working today, perhaps failing under the end of tax year demand.

Every action is met with Sorry, We are unable to process this request.

When it was working I tried selling my Provident Financial nil paid rights - but it wouldn't allow me to do so. Does anyone know if this can be done online, or if it has to be a telephone trade?

mike
2 Lemon pips

Postby mike » April 5th, 2018, 12:25 pm

syrio wrote:When it was working I tried selling my Provident Financial nil paid rights - but it wouldn't allow me to do so. Does anyone know if this can be done online, or if it has to be a telephone trade?

My PFG are with Barclays, and their instructions were

The entitlements are renounceable and have a trading period between the 22 March 2018 to the 4 April 2018. [...] Elections must be submitted by 4 April 2018 otherwise the default election option will be applied. Should you wish to sell some of your rights' entitlement to fund the exercise of your remaining rights. The easiest way to do this is by calling us on [...]

Maybe you are too late, but Barclays would only do it by phone. I remember selling down my Cobham rights a couple of years ago; that had also to be done by phone. The account was with Charles Stanley.

The standard default option is "lapse", so I would assume you will receive the funds for the lapsed PFGN, currently 356.75 per share, in the days to come.

daveh
Lemon Slice

Postby daveh » April 6th, 2018, 9:00 am

Not impressed today. Just tried opening an ISA from my trading account. Seemed to work, but then I couldn't see how to /it wouldn't switch to the new account. Logged out and now it won't let me log back in. Have been on hold for 10 minutes so far!

daveh
Lemon Slice

Postby daveh » April 6th, 2018, 9:07 am

daveh wrote:Not impressed today. Just tried opening an ISA from my trading account. Seemed to work, but then I couldn't see how to /it wouldn't switch to the new account. Logged out and now it won't let me log back in. Have been on hold for 10 minutes so far!

Looks like I'm an idiot and can't type an account number in correctly!! Working now and I got through just after the 10 minutes.

daveh
Lemon Slice

Postby daveh » April 6th, 2018, 3:06 pm

1nv35t wrote:Under TD you could link your Trading/ISA ...etc accounts, so all viewable under the same session (just have to switch between the accounts using pull down menu choices). Ditto all of the different currencies you might hold.

With expensive £/$ conversion costs best to convert once and then just trade from/to that currency i.e. when I buy US stocks I make sure to trade from US$, same for selling, and let US dividends accumulate as US$ in the account.

Has worked well for me. A exception being that it was prompting me to resubmit a W8BEN a couple of months ago which I did, only to be re-prompted again at the next login. Turned out that my trading account W8BEN wasn't being linked to my ISA (a couple of to-fro email/contacts to ii got that sorted).

I believe you should still be able to link your accounts under ii. Mine are all set up that way already so not sure how, but IIRC its one of the menu options and if not a contact with ii should get it sorted quick and easily.

You can link accounts - it seems to have worked fine once I found the mistake I'd made. I logged on fine this morning, opened a new ISA account with II and it said that it was set up and linked to my original ex TD trading account. Initially I couldn't see the account, then it was there but I couldn't switch to it or do a bed and ISA so thought I might need to log off and log back on for it to all update. I then logged back on, typed my account number in and it took me to a first time log on page to set up a password. Once I got through to a person they sorted it out pretty quickly, I'd rather stupidly typed in the account number wrong - I transposed two digits so it looked correct but wasn't. Once that was worked out I could log on fine and both accounts were visible and I could switch between them.

I've now done the first of the bed and ISA's I wanted to do, via the website. The representative said that my account will show a negative cash balance for a couple of days as they do the sell and buy immediately, but the cash doesn't appear until settlement (T+1 I assume). I'll check again next week to see if its gone through OK. I'll have to wait to do the next transfer as that is Galliford Try and I want to get the rights issue out of the way first (I may also wait until after the finals so I know the are maintaining the dividend at the reduced level announced in the interim report and not cutting further). I'm doing most of the bed and ISAing at the beginning of the tax year so I'm hoping no forced sales due to takeovers.

Return to “Brokers and Share Dealing”