Lemon Quarter

Re: Interactive Investor

Postby Bouleversee » February 14th, 2018, 9:29 am

Thanks to both. Will do that.

Bouleversee
Lemon Quarter

Postby Bouleversee » March 5th, 2018, 10:56 am

Am I the only person who is appalled by the fact that one's portfolio no longer shows the total book cost, the total value and the overall gan or (in my case huge) loss in cash terms and percentage? I should have thought this was a sine qua non for any investment portfolio. Are we supposed to total it up and work it out each time? I'm sure this wasn't the case last time I looked but is today. They were working on the site this weekend so unless I am going completely mad (always a possibility) this has been changed since the migration. Some other things look different too. I couldn't find a one day graph which I think is essential when I was looking at SMT.

jackdaww
Lemon Slice

Postby jackdaww » March 5th, 2018, 11:07 am

Bouleversee wrote:Am I the only person who is appalled by the fact that one's portfolio no longer shows the total book cost, the total value and the overall gan or (in my case huge) loss in cash terms and percentage? I should have thought this was a sine qua non for any investment portfolio. Are we supposed to total it up and work it out each time? I'm sure this wasn't the case last time I looked but is today. They were working on the site this weekend so unless I am going completely mad (always a possibility) this has been changed since the migration. Some other things look different too. I couldn't find a one day graph which I think is essential when I was looking at SMT.

-------------------------------

you can switch back to the "classic view" (top rh corner ) which gives a bit more detail at the bottom.

:)

Bouleversee
Lemon Quarter

Postby Bouleversee » March 5th, 2018, 11:51 am

OK, I've done that (no idea it was possible) but that looks different from what it was before and am I right in thinking that the" new, improved version " is the one without the items I mentioned? There seem to be various deficiencies, e.g. no yield % for SMT when it does pay a dividend, nothing at all for them under ratios. Discount/premium not stated and I haven't a clue what "discount % cum fair" means. I'd just like to see, as on Iweb, what the current discount/premium to NAV is on the same page as the other info.

It takes ages to navigate round the site as when one clicks on things the circle goes round and round for ages and sometimes a message comes up that there is a problem. I gave up trying to get back on to my ISA a few mins. ago. Life is too short for all this.

bulltraderpt
Lemon Slice

Postby bulltraderpt » March 5th, 2018, 12:00 pm

Bouleversee wrote:OK, I've done that (no idea it was possible) but that looks different from what it was before and am I right in thinking that the" new, improved version " is the one without the items I mentioned? There seem to be various deficiencies, e.g. no yield % for SMT when it does pay a dividend, nothing at all for them under ratios. Discount/premium not stated and I haven't a clue what "discount % cum fair" means. I'd just like to see, as on Iweb, what the current discount/premium to NAV is on the same page as the other info.

It takes ages to navigate round the site as when one clicks on things the circle goes round and round for ages and sometimes a message comes up that there is a problem. I gave up trying to get back on to my ISA a few mins. ago. Life is too short for all this.

There are having problems up there, AGAIN. Been issues since about 11:40am.

Some where between 10 MINS and 4 HOURS it should take to fix according to 'Adam'.

bulltraderpt
Lemon Slice

Postby bulltraderpt » March 5th, 2018, 12:29 pm

Back up now.

jackdaww
Lemon Slice

Postby jackdaww » March 5th, 2018, 12:34 pm

bulltraderpt wrote:Back up now.

not exactly confidence inspiring though ...

:roll:

bulltraderpt
Lemon Slice

Postby bulltraderpt » March 5th, 2018, 12:55 pm

jackdaww wrote:
bulltraderpt wrote:Back up now.

not exactly confidence inspiring though ...

:roll:

It's not and trust me, I've already put hundreds of trades through this website this year.

As a retail investor or trader, you've just got to roll with the punches and have a second account which you can switch between.

Personally after being with td / iii since late dec, I cay say the staff are as helpful as iii staff were, but the IT isn't quite as good (see trust pilot reviews for details).

The best one years ago was iweb imvho, then it was iii now, both are very similar.

Considering trying igindex in April but they have their issues occasionally as well.

Bouleversee
Lemon Quarter

Postby Bouleversee » March 5th, 2018, 1:00 pm

Having a second account doesn't help you if you want to sell shares that are in an ii account or buy in your pre-funded ISA.

bulltraderpt
Lemon Slice

Postby bulltraderpt » March 5th, 2018, 1:05 pm

Bouleversee wrote:Having a second account doesn't help you if you want to sell shares that are in an ii account or buy in your pre-funded ISA.

It doesn't but that's a chance you have to take.

If iii are to be believed you should be able to sell them when you phone them up.

Never tried it myself so can't comment but they've always offered to deal for me via the phone so..

Bouleversee
Lemon Quarter

Postby Bouleversee » March 5th, 2018, 1:31 pm

That's assuming you can get through and by the time you do the price will have changed, usually to your detriment.

bulltraderpt
Lemon Slice

Postby bulltraderpt » March 5th, 2018, 1:45 pm

Bouleversee wrote:That's assuming you can get through and by the time you do the price will have changed, usually to your detriment.

Obviously it does! (Exasperated.)

Perhaps stock trading and investing isn't for you! :|

Bouleversee
Lemon Quarter

Postby Bouleversee » March 5th, 2018, 2:17 pm

Trading certainly isn't. Investment was but if one can't rely on one's broker's website to enable one to deal straight away or get the necessary information, I'm going off that as well. I'm not sure what point you are trying to make or whether it's ii or me which is exasperating you, but my point is that we should not have to put up with a 2nd rate site and service and it should not take several hours to execute a sale or purchase and print out the contract etc. Contracts are no longer immediately available and are only done at 3 points in the day apparently.

dspp
Lemon Quarter

Postby dspp » March 8th, 2018, 4:53 pm

ii's ongoing website revamp is definitely happening. Here is some stuff posted on their beta community site:

Over the weekend we pushed the new portfolio view live based on my previous post4 of this subject.

Trading customers will be able to see this new view when they log in. We are getting a lot of feedback via the on-page feedback buttons and there are a few things we need to address…

We are currently missing day-change in fund prices - this is coming in the next release
We are missing some column totals in certain situations - this is caused by multi currency issues - which we are also intending to resolve
We removed price day change in pence/cents etc - the intention is to provide an option to toggle between pence and % in the table settings
You aren’t currently able to open a research page (aka stock report) in a new tab - current thinking is to make a click on the instrument page default to a new tab opening
Any thoughts on the above or anything else around the new display let me know… (etc)

more here: https://community.ii.co.uk/t/new-tradin ... rocket/683

BobbyD
Lemon Quarter

Postby BobbyD » March 8th, 2018, 8:14 pm

Bouleversee wrote:Trading certainly isn't. Investment was but if one can't rely on one's broker's website to enable one to deal straight away or get the necessary information, I'm going off that as well. I'm not sure what point you are trying to make or whether it's ii or me which is exasperating you, but my point is that we should not have to put up with a 2nd rate site and service and it should not take several hours to execute a sale or purchase and print out the contract etc. Contracts are no longer immediately available and are only done at 3 points in the day apparently.

Transfers seem to be happening fairly quickly at the moment. Just cleared my final ex-TD holdings.

granretire
Lemon Pip

Postby granretire » March 9th, 2018, 3:22 pm

My stock transfers went through reasonably quickly, but they are taking their time over transferring dividends that have been paid since I left. Dealing dividends have arrived as cheques, but ISA dividends are still languishing in my 'closed' ii ISA.

malakoffee

Postby malakoffee » March 9th, 2018, 8:14 pm

When I noticed a single residual dividend in situ, after the main transfer, I used the Secure Messaging to encourage them to transfer it onward.

They did so after about a week.

Even later I realised I could still login to the empty ii account. Eventually, I found a dropdown menu option to "Close Account".

BEFORE you close it though do make sure to download any docs that may be relevant
I had to re-establish the Book Values in order to set them up with the new provider . . . not having thought of recording the displayed ones before the transfer.

bulltraderpt
Lemon Slice

Postby bulltraderpt » March 14th, 2018, 4:05 pm

dspp wrote:ii's ongoing website revamp is definitely happening. Here is some stuff posted on their beta community site:

Over the weekend we pushed the new portfolio view live based on my previous post4 of this subject.

Trading customers will be able to see this new view when they log in. We are getting a lot of feedback via the on-page feedback buttons and there are a few things we need to address…

We are currently missing day-change in fund prices - this is coming in the next release
We are missing some column totals in certain situations - this is caused by multi currency issues - which we are also intending to resolve
We removed price day change in pence/cents etc - the intention is to provide an option to toggle between pence and % in the table settings
You aren’t currently able to open a research page (aka stock report) in a new tab - current thinking is to make a click on the instrument page default to a new tab opening
Any thoughts on the above or anything else around the new display let me know… (etc)

more here: https://community.ii.co.uk/t/new-tradin ... rocket/683

Certainly is, one of my issues with iii was you had to re-type the ticker symbol in if the price moved instead of refreshing it, you don't now, that helps enormously when scalping, trading etc. :)

syrio
Lemon Pip

Postby syrio » March 27th, 2018, 7:15 pm

The names shown in the new portfolio view are almost completely useless.

For example

VANGUARD INV UK LT
VANGUARD INV SER
ISHARES

gbjbaanb
Lemon Slice

Postby gbjbaanb » March 28th, 2018, 6:05 pm

syrio wrote:The names shown in the new portfolio view are almost completely useless.

For example

VANGUARD INV UK LT
VANGUARD INV SER
ISHARES

they know, and its down to the data in the feed they get. They can;t do much about it until they change to the new system.

https://community.ii.co.uk/t/new-tradin ... rocket/683

Return to “Brokers and Share Dealing”