Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Anonymous,MyNameIsUrl,6Tricia,staffordian, for Donating to support the site

Pension fund prices from ft.com

Discussions regarding financial software
BigB
Lemon Pip
Posts: 50
Joined: January 8th, 2021, 1:56 pm
Has thanked: 61 times
Been thanked: 9 times

Pension fund prices from ft.com

#444492

Postby BigB » September 22nd, 2021, 5:00 pm

Hi all,

I hope this is the correct board for a post of this nature.

I have a google sheet I use to collate the prices, and therefore holding values, of most elements of my investments, by ticker or fund ISIN, using google finance and also scraping a small number of fund prices from ft.com.

I have one DC pension with a couple of Aegon Blackrock funds - 1 is listed on ft.com and the other appears not to be:
AEGON BLACKROCK WORLD (EX-UK) EQUITY INDEX

Is there a good reason why 1 would be listed and the other not?

Similarly, are there other good/better sources for scraping a small number of fund prices for personal use - I'm currently using ft.com as it appeared to have all the funds I had.

many thanks
BigB

kiloran
Lemon Quarter
Posts: 3213
Joined: November 4th, 2016, 9:24 am
Has thanked: 2155 times
Been thanked: 1823 times

Re: Pension fund prices from ft.com

#444511

Postby kiloran » September 22nd, 2021, 5:29 pm

BigB wrote:Hi all,

I hope this is the correct board for a post of this nature.

I have a google sheet I use to collate the prices, and therefore holding values, of most elements of my investments, by ticker or fund ISIN, using google finance and also scraping a small number of fund prices from ft.com.

I have one DC pension with a couple of Aegon Blackrock funds - 1 is listed on ft.com and the other appears not to be:
AEGON BLACKROCK WORLD (EX-UK) EQUITY INDEX

Is there a good reason why 1 would be listed and the other not?

Similarly, are there other good/better sources for scraping a small number of fund prices for personal use - I'm currently using ft.com as it appeared to have all the funds I had.

many thanks
BigB

I'm absolutely no expert on funds, but is this the one you are having trouble with:
https://www.trustnet.com/factsheets/p/j ... toric-pn-w

--kiloran

BigB
Lemon Pip
Posts: 50
Joined: January 8th, 2021, 1:56 pm
Has thanked: 61 times
Been thanked: 9 times

Re: Pension fund prices from ft.com

#444522

Postby BigB » September 22nd, 2021, 5:49 pm

kiloran wrote:
BigB wrote:Hi all,

I hope this is the correct board for a post of this nature.

I have a google sheet I use to collate the prices, and therefore holding values, of most elements of my investments, by ticker or fund ISIN, using google finance and also scraping a small number of fund prices from ft.com.

I have one DC pension with a couple of Aegon Blackrock funds - 1 is listed on ft.com and the other appears not to be:
AEGON BLACKROCK WORLD (EX-UK) EQUITY INDEX

Is there a good reason why 1 would be listed and the other not?

Similarly, are there other good/better sources for scraping a small number of fund prices for personal use - I'm currently using ft.com as it appeared to have all the funds I had.

many thanks
BigB

I'm absolutely no expert on funds, but is this the one you are having trouble with:
https://www.trustnet.com/factsheets/p/j ... toric-pn-w

--kiloran


I think it's that general fund yes, but unsure about the very last character i.e. the "W" of "Pn W", which I think is like different share classes of the same fund. I see numerous different last characters - I think the one that actually matches my DC provider's version by price is this one:
https://www.trustnet.com/factsheets/p/k ... x-blk-pn-j

many thanks

EDIT: just followed your link again kiloran, and it takes me to the trustnet page with the almost correct fund title as mentioned above, however the url construction is very different and the fund title includes "blackrock-dc-aquila-world-ex-uk-equity-index-historic-pn-w". The Aquila link appears to link to an Aegon titled fund page - I'm assuming Aquila is another platform provider like Aegon, and Blackrock runs a version of the same basic fund but for different platforms?

Alaric
Lemon Half
Posts: 5038
Joined: November 5th, 2016, 9:05 am
Has thanked: 14 times
Been thanked: 1074 times

Re: Pension fund prices from ft.com

#444531

Postby Alaric » September 22nd, 2021, 6:14 pm

BigB wrote: The Aquila link appears to link to an Aegon titled fund page - I'm assuming Aquila is another platform provider like Aegon, and Blackrock runs a version of the same basic fund but for different platforms?


I would suspect Aquila is a brand or product name used by Blackrock.


Return to “Financial Software - Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests