Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

Shell (HYPTUSS)

Discussions regarding financial software
monabri
Lemon Half

Shell (HYPTUSS)

Postby monabri » January 18th, 2022, 4:50 pm

""The last day of dealing in the dual listed RDSA & RDSB shares is expected to be Friday 28th January 2022. The start of dealing in the single line of Shell plc ordinary shares on the LSE is expected to be Monday 31st January 2022. They will trade under the Ticker "SHEL"

kiloran
Lemon Quarter

Re: Shell (HYPTUSS)

Postby kiloran » January 18th, 2022, 4:53 pm

Thanks monabri, I've made a note to check this on the 31st and update the Company Data Sheet

--kiloran

BullDog
Lemon Quarter

Postby BullDog » January 18th, 2022, 8:02 pm

monabri wrote:""The last day of dealing in the dual listed RDSA & RDSB shares is expected to be Friday 28th January 2022. The start of dealing in the single line of Shell plc ordinary shares on the LSE is expected to be Monday 31st January 2022. They will trade under the Ticker "SHEL"

I think someone on the forum suggested they use that ticker a couple of weeks ago :?:

:lol:

Breelander
Lemon Quarter

Postby Breelander » February 1st, 2022, 1:19 am

kiloran wrote:Thanks monabri, I've made a note to check this on the 31st and update the Company Data Sheet

--kiloran

Has Shell been updated yet?

I think that BHP may also need an update now that their main listing moved to Australia, and the LSE listing changed its name from BHP Group PLC to BHP Group Ltd.

. BHP is pleased to confirm that the Plc Scheme became effective at approximately 9:00pm (GMT) on 28 January 2022 in accordance with its terms and the entire issued and to be issued share capital of Plc will be owned by BHP Group Limited (Limited).
viewtopic.php?p=477403#p477403

kiloran
Lemon Quarter

Postby kiloran » February 1st, 2022, 11:35 am

Breelander wrote:
kiloran wrote:Thanks monabri, I've made a note to check this on the 31st and update the Company Data Sheet

--kiloran

Has Shell been updated yet?

I think that BHP may also need an update now that their main listing moved to Australia, and the LSE listing changed its name from BHP Group PLC to BHP Group Ltd.

. BHP is pleased to confirm that the Plc Scheme became effective at approximately 9:00pm (GMT) on 28 January 2022 in accordance with its terms and the entire issued and to be issued share capital of Plc will be owned by BHP Group Limited (Limited).
viewtopic.php?p=477403#p477403

I've added SHEL to the file company_data_sheet.txt at http://lemonfoolfinancialsoftware.weebl ... op-up.html
It took a while to find the Sharecast entry (Sharecast search is rubbish!) but it's there now though with n/a forecast and latest yields. I left the RDSA and RDSB entries in there for the moment.

It's not clear what is happening to BHP at the moment. The ticker is still BHP and it looks like the Sharecast URL has changed. I'll review tomorrow.

--kiloran

JohnnyCyclops
Lemon Slice

Postby JohnnyCyclops » February 4th, 2022, 7:08 am

Sharecast seems to have two entries for the newco. Any idea which is "right"? slightly different share price but Sharecast showing trading volumes under both.

https://www.sharecast.com/equity/Shell
https://www.sharecast.com/equity/Shell_Plc

I've manually added a row in the Company Data Sheet in my HYPTUSS 10.76 rather than reinstall. However, no yield data yet under the SHEL code, so I'm not sure what to put there. May just manually add the last good RDSB f/c yield until SHEL starts to populate some.

Breelander
Lemon Quarter

Postby Breelander » February 4th, 2022, 9:32 am

JohnnyCyclops wrote:Sharecast seems to have two entries for the newco. Any idea which is "right"? slightly different share price but Sharecast showing trading volumes under both.

The first one seems to be more complete. Shell (SHEL) is the only one that has a value for market cap, or any items in its 'Latest Webfg News' or 'Regulatory News' sections. The apparent difference in price is actually a difference in the time delay, Shell (SHEL) seems to have a 15 minute delay, while Shell Plc (SHEL) appears to be 8 minutes delayed. For the same time stamp they show the same price.

Also, Shell (SHEL) updates dynamically, while Shell Plc (SHEL) doesn't.

kiloran
Lemon Quarter

Postby kiloran » February 4th, 2022, 12:50 pm

JohnnyCyclops wrote:Sharecast seems to have two entries for the newco. Any idea which is "right"? slightly different share price but Sharecast showing trading volumes under both.

I've manually added a row in the Company Data Sheet in my HYPTUSS 10.76 rather than reinstall. However, no yield data yet under the SHEL code, so I'm not sure what to put there. May just manually add the last good RDSB f/c yield until SHEL starts to populate some.

The first of these (ticker = SHEL) is the one quoted on the London Stock Exchange
The second (ticker = SHELL) is quoted on the Turquoise platform. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turquoise ... g_platform)

The Company Data Sheet in HYPTUSS uses SHEL

--kiloran

Fluke
Lemon Slice

Postby Fluke » February 15th, 2022, 10:19 am

I'm a bit late getting round to this. I'm using the Libreoffice version b-p, followed the video instructions (btw thanks, so bloomin helpful :) ), when I get to paste special>text nothing happens. Have I missed something?

kiloran
Lemon Quarter

Postby kiloran » February 15th, 2022, 3:22 pm

Fluke wrote:I'm a bit late getting round to this. I'm using the Libreoffice version b-p, followed the video instructions (btw thanks, so bloomin helpful :) ), when I get to paste special>text nothing happens. Have I missed something?

I'm not sure what you are trying to do, Fluke. Are you trying to copy/paste the data for SHEL, or updating the whole of the Company Data Sheet?
If the latter, just import the whole of the Company Data Sheet using the new automated process as described on Page 18 of the User Guide

--kiloran

Fluke
Lemon Slice

Postby Fluke » February 15th, 2022, 6:16 pm

kiloran wrote:
Fluke wrote:I'm a bit late getting round to this. I'm using the Libreoffice version b-p, followed the video instructions (btw thanks, so bloomin helpful :) ), when I get to paste special>text nothing happens. Have I missed something?

I'm not sure what you are trying to do, Fluke. Are you trying to copy/paste the data for SHEL, or updating the whole of the Company Data Sheet?
If the latter, just import the whole of the Company Data Sheet using the new automated process as described on Page 18 of the User Guide

--kiloran

Yes sorry didn't explain myself very well there kiloran. You guessed right it was the latter, I hadn't updated the company data before, followed the instructions on page 18 and it all worked perfectly. :D

Out of interest are you leaving the video link (below the company data download file) for people using older versions of the hyptuss?

kiloran
Lemon Quarter

Postby kiloran » February 15th, 2022, 7:33 pm

Fluke wrote:
kiloran wrote:

--kiloran

Yes sorry didn't explain myself very well there kiloran. You guessed right it was the latter, I hadn't updated the company data before, followed the instructions on page 18 and it all worked perfectly. :D

Out of interest are you leaving the video link (below the company data download file) for people using older versions of the hyptuss?

Glad that worked, Fluke.
Yes, I'm certainly going to leave the video (created by Itsallaguess) for those who prefer a more manual process. In idle(?) moments, I've been looking for some software to create more videos but I have not yet found anything which I like. I want to add annotations but nothing seems to do a decent job (apart from Camstudio but I'm not going to pay for that)

--kiloran

--

Return to “Financial Software - Discussion”