Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Wasron,jfgw,Rhyd6,eyeball08,Wondergirly, for Donating to support the site

Construction Business - accounting

Discussions regarding financial software
skyshield

Construction Business - accounting

Postby skyshield » March 5th, 2024, 7:41 pm

Hello folks,

I'd like to start a small local construction company, building townhouses and seeking for some recommendations on software for accounting in construction.

Thanks!

csearle
Lemon Quarter

Re: Construction Business - accounting

Postby csearle » March 5th, 2024, 8:03 pm

skyshield wrote:I'd like to start a small local construction company, building townhouses and seeking for some recommendations on software for accounting in construction.
Hi, which jurisdiction, and will your people be subbing or on the books, Chris?

skyshield

Postby skyshield » March 6th, 2024, 3:17 pm

csearle wrote:
skyshield wrote:I'd like to start a small local construction company, building townhouses and seeking for some recommendations on software for accounting in construction.
Hi, which jurisdiction, and will your people be subbing or on the books, Chris?

Planning to have a mix of both subcontractors and full-time folks on the books to keep things flexible. ;)
Still ironing out the finer details

kltrader

Postby kltrader » March 12th, 2024, 9:29 pm

I went through the usual suspects like QuickBooks and Xero. They're great for general stuff but fell short on the construction-specific needs, like detailed job costing and managing subcontractor payments. The lack of depth in project financial tracking was a real issue, making it hard to see where each project stood profit-wise.

That's when I stumbled upon A-Systems. Unlike the others, it's built for construction from the ground up, handling everything from job costing to payroll and subcontract management without breaking a sweat. Made a huge difference in how we manage project finances and keep on top of costs.

Charlottesquare
Lemon Quarter

Postby Charlottesquare » March 26th, 2024, 11:07 am

A bit dated, but when I wanted a job costing module for small works and at the time SAGE was too pricey I stumbled across Access Accounting.

No idea if still operating, or what they do these days re CIS and reverse charge invoicing which you may need to address, but they may assist.

The main issues in house building tend to be CIS, VAT and apportioning joint costs to individual properties when calculating profits(groundworks etc)

(we have now not built any houses for years)

Return to “Financial Software - Discussion”