Remove ads

Introducing the LemonFools Personal Finance Calculators

HYPTUSS - modification request

Discussions regarding financial software
torata
2 Lemon pips
Posts: 109
Joined: November 5th, 2016, 1:25 am
Has thanked: 25 times
Been thanked: 21 times

HYPTUSS - modification request

#80244

Postby torata » September 10th, 2017, 3:15 pm

Hi Kiloran and Itsallaguess

Not a pressing request, but could I ask that the "delete share" button deletes the whole row, not just columns A to (maybe) P. (LibreOffice version)
Like others, I am using other columns to extend the functionality and as these cells are not also deleted things immediately become out of kilter. It takes a fair amount of fiddling about to put right as it's not just formulas, but also conditional fomatting etc.
Taking out the whole row seems like it should be a lot 'cleaner'.

Many thanks in advance

torata

Itsallaguess
Lemon Quarter
Posts: 1883
Joined: November 4th, 2016, 1:16 pm
Has thanked: 290 times
Been thanked: 874 times

Re: HYPTUSS - modification request

#80246

Postby Itsallaguess » September 10th, 2017, 3:37 pm

torata wrote:
Hi Kiloran and Itsallaguess

Not a pressing request, but could I ask that the "delete share" button deletes the whole row, not just columns A to (maybe) P. (LibreOffice version)

Like others, I am using other columns to extend the functionality and as these cells are not also deleted things immediately become out of kilter. It takes a fair amount of fiddling about to put right as it's not just formulas, but also conditional fomatting etc.

Taking out the whole row seems like it should be a lot 'cleaner'.

Many thanks in advance


<Smug mode>

The Excel version already removes the entire row when deleting a share from the portfolio.

</Smug mode>

:O)

Itsallaguess

kiloran
Lemon Quarter
Posts: 1131
Joined: November 4th, 2016, 9:24 am
Has thanked: 142 times
Been thanked: 425 times

Re: HYPTUSS - modification request

#80355

Postby kiloran » September 11th, 2017, 10:01 am

Itsallaguess wrote:
torata wrote:
Hi Kiloran and Itsallaguess

Not a pressing request, but could I ask that the "delete share" button deletes the whole row, not just columns A to (maybe) P. (LibreOffice version)

Like others, I am using other columns to extend the functionality and as these cells are not also deleted things immediately become out of kilter. It takes a fair amount of fiddling about to put right as it's not just formulas, but also conditional fomatting etc.

Taking out the whole row seems like it should be a lot 'cleaner'.

Many thanks in advance


<Smug mode>

The Excel version already removes the entire row when deleting a share from the portfolio.

</Smug mode>

:O)

Itsallaguess

<That's me put in my place mode>
Doh!
When I built the LibreOffice version, I didn't want to make any assumptions about what users might do over to the right of the portfolio area, so I only deleted the portfolio area. Our illustrious leader clearly doesn't care about what users might do, so his Excel version autocratically deletes the whole row.
I think it's important to keep the Excel and LibreOffice versions as similar as possible, so unless I get a flood of complaints, I'll modify the LibreOffice version to match Excel. Good timing, we've got a new update to release imminently, but it got delayed due to a LibreOffice bug, and then further delayed by my being 300 miles from home to attend a funeral later today. I'll try to add this change and publish the new versions this coming weekend.
</That's put me in my place mode>

<smug mode>
At least my football team won at the weekend :D
</smug mode>

--kiloran

Itsallaguess
Lemon Quarter
Posts: 1883
Joined: November 4th, 2016, 1:16 pm
Has thanked: 290 times
Been thanked: 874 times

Re: HYPTUSS - modification request

#80429

Postby Itsallaguess » September 11th, 2017, 4:07 pm

kiloran wrote:
...clearly doesn't care about what users might do, so his Excel version autocratically deletes the whole row.


Autocratic?

I've been called worse....:)

Anyhow, it seems that the OP has fully endorsed my approach, I'll have you know, and is utilising the tool in exactly the way I imagined people would.....it's called 'Design-intent validation' where I come from.....always nice to see..... :)

kiloran wrote:
<smug mode>
At least my football team won at the weekend :D
</smug mode>


Did I miss something? Weren't they all still on the international break?

The cricket did well though, I see! :)

Itsallaguess

kiloran
Lemon Quarter
Posts: 1131
Joined: November 4th, 2016, 9:24 am
Has thanked: 142 times
Been thanked: 425 times

Re: HYPTUSS - modification request

#80513

Postby kiloran » September 11th, 2017, 9:44 pm

Itsallaguess wrote:it's called 'Design-intent validation' where I come from.....always nice to see..... :)

Itsallaguess

That's frighteningly close to marketing-speak (I should know, I used to work in marketing). We'll have none of that kind of talk here.

--kiloran

torata
2 Lemon pips
Posts: 109
Joined: November 5th, 2016, 1:25 am
Has thanked: 25 times
Been thanked: 21 times

Re: HYPTUSS - modification request

#80762

Postby torata » September 13th, 2017, 12:29 am

kiloran wrote:
Itsallaguess wrote:it's called 'Design-intent validation' where I come from.....always nice to see..... :)

Itsallaguess


That's frighteningly close to marketing-speak (I should know, I used to work in marketing). We'll have none of that kind of talk here.

--kiloran


Crikey, what have I done :)

But anyway, thanks for taking my request into account.

torata

torata
2 Lemon pips
Posts: 109
Joined: November 5th, 2016, 1:25 am
Has thanked: 25 times
Been thanked: 21 times

Re: HYPTUSS - modification request

#100679

Postby torata » December 2nd, 2017, 1:03 am

Hello Killoran and Itsall

I noticed that b-f.ods does not take out the whole row when deleting a share, but only up to column Q
(Please note that I insert a number of columns in front of the greyed out 'reserved' columns, to use of my own calculations)

If you could take a look at it, that would be great.

torata

kiloran
Lemon Quarter
Posts: 1131
Joined: November 4th, 2016, 9:24 am
Has thanked: 142 times
Been thanked: 425 times

Re: HYPTUSS - modification request

#100742

Postby kiloran » December 2nd, 2017, 10:39 am

torata wrote:Hello Killoran and Itsall

I noticed that b-f.ods does not take out the whole row when deleting a share, but only up to column Q
(Please note that I insert a number of columns in front of the greyed out 'reserved' columns, to use of my own calculations)

If you could take a look at it, that would be great.

torata

Many apologies, Torata. I did plan on making this change (it's on my to-do list), but it got lost in the chaos of the Yahoo changes and my need to work on a family bereavement. I'll be away until the middle of next week, so I'll work on it when I get back.

--kiloran

torata
2 Lemon pips
Posts: 109
Joined: November 5th, 2016, 1:25 am
Has thanked: 25 times
Been thanked: 21 times

Re: HYPTUSS - modification request

#101324

Postby torata » December 4th, 2017, 10:27 am

kiloran wrote:
torata wrote:Hello Killoran and Itsall

I noticed that b-f.ods does not take out the whole row when deleting a share, but only up to column Q
(Please note that I insert a number of columns in front of the greyed out 'reserved' columns, to use of my own calculations)

If you could take a look at it, that would be great.

torata

Many apologies, Torata. I did plan on making this change (it's on my to-do list), but it got lost in the chaos of the Yahoo changes and my need to work on a family bereavement. I'll be away until the middle of next week, so I'll work on it when I get back.

--kiloran


In the meantime, is it OK to just select and delete the whole row myself?
I'm worried it will mess up the macros and I won't notice.

Torata

Raptor
Lemon Quarter
Posts: 1293
Joined: November 4th, 2016, 1:39 pm
Has thanked: 67 times
Been thanked: 172 times

Re: HYPTUSS - modification request

#101385

Postby Raptor » December 4th, 2017, 1:07 pm

@torata.

Should be fine. I have a modified HYPTUSS that tracks shares by "portfolio" and I regularly cut or copy lines with no problem.

Raptor.

torata
2 Lemon pips
Posts: 109
Joined: November 5th, 2016, 1:25 am
Has thanked: 25 times
Been thanked: 21 times

Re: HYPTUSS - modification request

#101798

Postby torata » December 5th, 2017, 1:14 pm

Raptor wrote:@torata.

Should be fine. I have a modified HYPTUSS that tracks shares by "portfolio" and I regularly cut or copy lines with no problem.

Raptor.


Good to hear. Thanks Raptor

kiloran
Lemon Quarter
Posts: 1131
Joined: November 4th, 2016, 9:24 am
Has thanked: 142 times
Been thanked: 425 times

Re: HYPTUSS - modification request

#102847

Postby kiloran » December 8th, 2017, 8:57 pm

torata wrote:Hello Killoran and Itsall

I noticed that b-f.ods does not take out the whole row when deleting a share, but only up to column Q
(Please note that I insert a number of columns in front of the greyed out 'reserved' columns, to use of my own calculations)

If you could take a look at it, that would be great.

torata

Torata, I've now updated the OpenOffice/LibreOffice version to b-f-1 http://lemonfoolfinancialsoftware.weebl ... op-up.html
The only change is that the Delete Share button now deletes the entire row on the High Yield Portfolio and Watchlist sheets, instead of deleting data in specific columns. This matches the functionality of the Excel version.

There is no other change in functionality, so anyone who does not need this change has no need to update.

Sorry it took so long to implement this

--kiloran

torata
2 Lemon pips
Posts: 109
Joined: November 5th, 2016, 1:25 am
Has thanked: 25 times
Been thanked: 21 times

Re: HYPTUSS - modification request

#102876

Postby torata » December 9th, 2017, 1:32 am

Thank you. And please don't apologize for taking time.
torata


Return to “Financial Software - Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest