Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva, for Donating to support the site

Digital Look Alert Email format problem

Discussions regarding financial software
LobsangRamper

Digital Look Alert Email format problem

Postby LobsangRamper » June 1st, 2018, 2:37 pm

I've entered my portfolio into Digital Look, and it sends me an alert email message to my Yahoo Mail account each day that summarises it.

But for some reason, any of the figures that should start with a '£' have the first 3 characters replaced with a question-mark inside a black diamond - so for example £5,129.28 appears as ?129.28. So it's impossible to make sense of the figures. Everything displays OK if I actually log into Digital Look's web site and view the portfolio there.

I'm guessing that there is some sort of character encoding problem with the '£' symbol in the email, but I receive lots of other emails containing £ signs without any problems. The Digital Look emails seem to be the only ones that display badly.

I've tried messing about with character encoding settings in Firefox and Chrome but the problem persists. I've also tried forwarding the email to another email address but looks the same.

Has anyone else encountered this or knows what the solution might be ?

Return to “Financial Software - Discussion”