Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva, for Donating to support the site

HYPTUSS Radio Buttons

Discussions regarding financial software
Devjon
2 Lemon pips

HYPTUSS Radio Buttons

Postby Devjon » June 25th, 2018, 9:20 am

I've been using the HYPTUSS spreadsheet for a few years, many thanks to all involved.

One thing that I'm struggling with is the Radio Buttons, I have black text on a dark blue background which is barely legible to me so I find myself squinting to read the " Save / Cancel / OK " dialogue .
I've looked through all the preferences in Libre Office and tried various settings all to no avail.

The annoying thing is that I know it must be something simple that I am not seeing, I've returned to the problem several times over the years, but still haven't found a solution.

Would someone put me out of my misery and point me in the right direction please? Then I can say to myself " why did I not try that "

Devjon

kiloran
Lemon Quarter

Re: HYPTUSS Radio Buttons

Postby kiloran » June 25th, 2018, 9:28 am

Can you provide a little more detail?

Which version of HYPTUSS?
What is the OS?
What is the version of LibreOffice?
Which Radio Buttons? Off the top of my head, I am guessing the Single Chart

--kiloran

Devjon
2 Lemon pips

Postby Devjon » June 25th, 2018, 12:50 pm

Hello Kiloran,

I renamed the spreadsheet but from the revision history it says B-f-1
I'm running Libre Office 5.4.22 on OSX High Sierra 10.13.5

The radio button issue is not a major issue, it is just an annoyance having to squint to distinguish the text from the background, plus the fact that I think it is something obvious that I am missing, though I have trawled the settings and tried a few things to no avail.

Devjon

kiloran
Lemon Quarter

Postby kiloran » June 25th, 2018, 12:55 pm

Devjon wrote:Hello Kiloran,

I renamed the spreadsheet but from the revision history it says B-f-1
I'm running Libre Office 5.4.22 on OSX High Sierra 10.13.5

The radio button issue is not a major issue, it is just an annoyance having to squint to distinguish the text from the background, plus the fact that I think it is something obvious that I am missing, though I have trawled the settings and tried a few things to no avail.

Devjon

OSX.... drat, I don't have any means of testing that.

I might be able to do something, but again, please clarify.... which radio buttons?

--kiloran

mrbrightside
2 Lemon pips

Postby mrbrightside » June 25th, 2018, 1:00 pm

I have vague memories of something similar (albeit on Linux). Firstly, I'd update to the latest version of LO which appears to be 6.0.5 for your version of OSX.

https://www.libreoffice.org/download/li ... lang=en-US

kiloran
Lemon Quarter

Postby kiloran » June 25th, 2018, 1:23 pm

Devjon wrote:I've been using the HYPTUSS spreadsheet for a few years, many thanks to all involved.

One thing that I'm struggling with is the Radio Buttons, I have black text on a dark blue background which is barely legible to me so I find myself squinting to read the " Save / Cancel / OK " dialogue .
I've looked through all the preferences in Libre Office and tried various settings all to no avail.

The annoying thing is that I know it must be something simple that I am not seeing, I've returned to the problem several times over the years, but still haven't found a solution.

Would someone put me out of my misery and point me in the right direction please? Then I can say to myself " why did I not try that "

Devjon

It's also occurred to me...... when you say "Radio Buttons", is that truly what you mean?
If you click on the Single Chart button, the resultant window shows Radio Buttons down the left-hand-side of the chart (1 month, 3 months, etc). I think this is the only use of Radio Buttons in HYPTUSS.

Are you really referring to the buttons, such as "Get Prices", "Get Digital Look Forecast Yields", "Add Share" etc? These are just standard buttons, not radio buttons.

Sorry if I appear a bit pedantic, but I don't want to waste time chasing the wrong problem.

--kiloran

Devjon
2 Lemon pips

Postby Devjon » June 25th, 2018, 1:42 pm

All those are ok, I realise now that it must an issue with Libre Office itself and not the HYP spreadsheet.

When I say "Radio Buttons" I should have said the dialogue buttons that appear when I quit the Spreadsheet " Don't Save / Cancel / Save " They are all the same size independent of the length of text and appear as black on dark purple.

I'm sure I did explore the Libre Office options when trying to resolve this on a previous occasion but got nowhere. I'll just need to memorise the button text for future occasions.

Many thanks for taking a look

Devjon

mrbrightside
2 Lemon pips

Postby mrbrightside » June 25th, 2018, 1:49 pm

Devjon
2 Lemon pips

Postby Devjon » June 25th, 2018, 2:57 pm

mrbrightside wrote:Is this thread any help ?

https://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/v ... 91#p433190

Thank You !! Followed the link and the solution worked.

I never thought to look in Display Preferences on my Mac, as the problem only occurred in Libre Office.

Thanks again Mr Brightside, and thanks to the Spreadsheet gurus who created this valuable tool.

Devjon

Return to “Financial Software - Discussion”