Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

Digital Look misbehaving!

Discussions regarding financial software
Helenjane15

Digital Look misbehaving!

Postby Helenjane15 » August 3rd, 2018, 12:05 pm

Over many years I have used Digital Look to record my portfolios. It has worked very nicely and it's free!

Now the app is showing some anomalies, e.g., I record the purchase of a share and, sometimes, when I check back I see the app has recorded TWO identical share purchases. Has anyone had similar experiences? Perhaps the app has got too big?

All comments welcome

Nick

Breelander
Lemon Quarter

Re: Digital Look misbehaving!

Postby Breelander » August 3rd, 2018, 3:21 pm

Helenjane15 wrote:Over many years I have used Digital Look to record my portfolios....
Now the app is showing some anomalies, e.g., I record the purchase of a share and, sometimes, when I check back I see the app has recorded TWO identical share purchases...

Welcome to LemonFool!

I've been using the DL Portfolio for years too. That's nothing new, it has always had a few bugs like this. Often refreshing the page gets the correct results. If a duplicate purchase seems to be shown permanently it is possible to delete one of them.

staffordian
Lemon Quarter

Postby staffordian » August 3rd, 2018, 3:30 pm

Same experience here, and as Bree says, there doesn't appear to be any logic to whether the duplicate entry goes on it's own or has to be deleted.

But for free, I'm happy to live with a few foibles. I still feel I'm getting value for money :D

kiloran
Lemon Quarter

Postby kiloran » August 3rd, 2018, 5:00 pm

Helenjane15 wrote:Over many years I have used Digital Look to record my portfolios. It has worked very nicely and it's free!

Now the app is showing some anomalies, e.g., I record the purchase of a share and, sometimes, when I check back I see the app has recorded TWO identical share purchases. Has anyone had similar experiences? Perhaps the app has got too big?

All comments welcome

Nick

You talk about the App. Is this an app on a smartphone (Android or Apple?) or tablet, or are you accessing the portfolio via a browser on a Windows PC (which is not really an app)? It could make a difference to what you see.

--kiloran

Helenjane15

Postby Helenjane15 » August 5th, 2018, 2:49 pm

kiloran wrote:
Helenjane15 wrote:Over many years I have used Digital Look to record my portfolios. It has worked very nicely and it's free!

All comments welcome

Nick

You talk about the App. Is this an app on a smartphone (Android or Apple?) or tablet, or are you accessing the portfolio via a browser on a Windows PC (which is not really an app)? It could make a difference to what you see.

--kiloran

Thanks for your reply. I have Digitallook running on an iMac [desktop computer]. I can use the following browsers: Safari, Firefox, Chrome; any views on which is best for Digitallook?
Nick

Breelander
Lemon Quarter

Postby Breelander » August 5th, 2018, 3:21 pm

Helenjane15 wrote:I have Digitallook running on an iMac [desktop computer]. I can use the following browsers: Safari, Firefox, Chrome; any views on which is best for Digitallook?

Any of them should do. The site FAQs don't have any minimum browser requirements listed, but where browsers are mentioned in passing it IE on Windows XP that's most often given as an example. I doubt if the site design has changed much since those days. Firefox works fine for me (as does IE) in Windows - use whichever you like best.

BobGe
Lemon Slice

Postby BobGe » August 17th, 2018, 3:43 am

All comments welcome

Nick

You may find this helpful:
viewtopic.php?f=27&t=9770&p=125720#p125720

Return to “Financial Software - Discussion”