Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva, for Donating to support the site

HYPTUSS and dividenddata problems?

Discussions regarding financial software
Raptor
Lemon Quarter

Re: HYPTUSS and dividenddata problems?

Postby Raptor » September 11th, 2018, 2:45 pm

Raptor wrote:Will give it a go tomorrow.

Thanks IAAG.

Raptor

Failed on the first step. The executable it asks you to install to add TLS 1.1 and TLS1.2 support, although it says works on Vista even if for XP, the executable fails as it checks your version and says that it is not compatible.

Thanks everyone will live with it as it is as have no other problems using TLS 1.0.

Will be getting new laptop, eventually, as need to pay for gearbox work so that I can use 2nd, 4th and 5th again. :evil:

Raptor.

Itsallaguess
Lemon Half

Postby Itsallaguess » September 12th, 2018, 4:33 am

Raptor wrote:
Failed on the first step. The executable it asks you to install to add TLS 1.1 and TLS1.2 support, although it says works on Vista even if for XP, the executable fails as it checks your version and says that it is not compatible.

Just before we give up Raptor, can you please say which KB you're talking about above, that won't install?

The Vista tutorial linked to earlier discusses a few, some of which look to be updated versions of previously mentioned KB updates, so it would be useful to know which specific KB you've tried that wouldn't install on Vista?

Cheers,

Itsallaguess

Raptor
Lemon Quarter

Postby Raptor » September 12th, 2018, 8:18 am

Itsallaguess wrote:
Raptor wrote:

Just before we give up Raptor, can you please say which KB you're talking about above, that won't install?

The Vista tutorial linked to earlier discusses a few, some of which look to be updated versions of previously mentioned KB updates, so it would be useful to know which specific KB you've tried that wouldn't install on Vista?

Cheers,

Itsallaguess

Step 1 of the tutorial. KP4019276

Do not have a lot of time this week but will have another read through and try the alternatives.

Raptor.

Itsallaguess
Lemon Half

Postby Itsallaguess » September 12th, 2018, 4:17 pm

Raptor wrote:
Itsallaguess wrote:
Raptor wrote:

Step 1 of the tutorial. KP4019276

Do not have a lot of time this week but will have another read through and try the alternatives.

OK - It seems that at least one of the KB4019276 updates does need installing, so hopefully there's something in here that will install for your Vista build and hardware - https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.co ... ?q=4019276

After that, it seems that there's a utility available that will then carry out all the other registry modifications for you -

http://blog.thelevelup.com/pci-security ... ant-ready/

https://github.com/TheLevelUp/pos-tls-patcher

Hopefully something in that lot that can help out, but it seems that there's plenty of Vista users that have been able to do this, so probably worth spending a bit of time on if you get chance, especially if the alternative is to wait for another computer to be bought..

There's also Kiloran's suggestion of installing Open Office and using that version for a while.

I'd be interested in how you get on with the Vista process if you get anywhere, as we'd be keen to capture that on the download page if you find a process that works.

Cheers,

Itsallaguess

kiloran
Lemon Quarter

Postby kiloran » September 13th, 2018, 7:54 pm

kiloran wrote:That's a pity, Raptor. I have a laptop with dual-boot Vista/Linux Mint so I'll have a look at that, though it's several years since I used it with Vista and I know it takes 20 minutes :( or so to boot into Vista (Mint is fully up and running within 60s).

--kiloran

That was a bad idea! I had not used the laptop in Vista mode for 3 years. A big bunch of updates had accumulated, but it refused to download and install even a single update. I Googled the problem and found a load of magic incantations to fix the slow update problem, but with none were successful. I like a challenge but this one is just too soul-destroying so I've binned the idea.

Linux Mint on the same laptop is like a breath of fresh air.

--kiloran

Raptor
Lemon Quarter

Postby Raptor » September 16th, 2018, 10:06 am

Just to keep you updated. Went back to the catalog entries and starting at the oldest "download" worked my way up the "replaced by" list. All versions of KP4019276 started the "windows update standalone installation" searching for updates but none of them came up with anything found. Following the "replaced by" got to KB4056564, again trying to download any version that applied to my configuration gave the same with "windows update standalone installation". So have now gone searching, found one post on MS forum where someone asked for a work around as they had clients on vista and the reply was short and to the point "no".

Also found this from JohnHaller. Again points to KB4056564.

Am going to leave it for a while as need to go out shortly. Will have some more "free" time later.

Again, thanks for your input.

Raptor.

Return to “Financial Software - Discussion”