Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

2 sticky shares

Discussions regarding financial software
kempiejon
Lemon Quarter

2 sticky shares

Postby kempiejon » September 15th, 2018, 4:23 pm

I have a pair of shares that fail on updating the yield and/or dividend dates in my slightly modded TUSS. I get a runtime error in a grey dialogue box. They are Quilter /equity/quilter QLT and IPU Invesco Perpetual Smaller UK. I have just tried a brand new download and other than adding quilter to the datasheet there's nothing else I changed but I cannot get the data. Could a smarter than me person point me at my possible error or confirm that it's not me so I can stop trying to repair it. For now I have relegated them off the sheet and manually add them back in remembering to remove if I want to update yield or dividend dates. I get an error on the portfolio tab and the dividends tab.
TIA

W10, Excel 2013

Itsallaguess
Lemon Half

Re: 2 sticky shares

Postby Itsallaguess » September 15th, 2018, 4:33 pm

kempiejon wrote:
I have a pair of shares that fail on updating the yield and/or dividend dates in my slightly modded TUSS. I get a runtime error in a grey dialogue box. They are Quilter /equity/quilter QLT and IPU Invesco Perpetual Smaller UK.

I have just tried a brand new download and other than adding quilter to the datasheet there's nothing else I changed but I cannot get the data. Could a smarter than me person point me at my possible error or confirm that it's not me so I can stop trying to repair it.

For now I have relegated them off the sheet and manually add them back in remembering to remove if I want to update yield or dividend dates. I get an error on the portfolio tab and the dividends tab.

TIA

W10, Excel 2013

Hi,

Could you please provide a link to each share on the WebFG site?

Similar to this one for Vodafone, showing the forecast yield?

https://tinyurl.com/ybghz4va

Cheers,

Itsallaguess

kempiejon
Lemon Quarter

Postby kempiejon » September 15th, 2018, 4:42 pm

Itsallaguess thanks for your attention, from webfg QLT has https://uk.webfg.com/equity/quilter and for
IPU https://uk.webfg.com/equity/Invesco_Per ... _Inv_Trust

oh the error I get is runtime error '91' Object variable or With block variable not set.

Itsallaguess
Lemon Half

Postby Itsallaguess » September 15th, 2018, 5:51 pm

kempiejon wrote:
the error I get is runtime error '91' Object variable or With block variable not set.

Right, I think we can get you away on the forecast-yield front.

We've got two issues with the two entries you're interested in, so -

1. IPU is already on the Digital Look Data Sheet, but the URL for the page has changed slightly, and this is causing an error. Look on the Data Sheet, and search for the IPU epic, and change this first-column entry -

/equity/Invesco_Perpetual_UK_Small_Companies_Inv_Trust

to this -

/equity/Invesco_Perpetual_UK_Smaller_Companies_Inv_Trust

2. Quilter isn't currently on the Data Sheet, and needs an entry putting in. I think you've already got that bit correct, and it's the section above that's causing the forecast-yield issue, but for completeness sake, my working Data Sheet entry looks like this -

Can you give the above a go and see if the 'Forecast Yield' functionality then works as expected?

We'll look at the dividends issue separately.

Cheers,

Itsallaguess

kempiejon
Lemon Quarter

Postby kempiejon » September 15th, 2018, 6:16 pm

Thank you Itsallaguess, yes I had added and was OK getting yield on Quilter and now IPU is happy too, I don't know why I didn't spot the change I had checked, but even when you posted the different address I couldn't see those 2 little letters until 2nd or 3rd take. I now get forecast yield on the portfolio tab so that's fixed and IPU give me dividend details on the other tab QLT is still giving that error message; I look forward to your sage direction.

Itsallaguess
Lemon Half

Postby Itsallaguess » September 15th, 2018, 6:25 pm

kempiejon wrote:
on the other tab QLT is still giving that error message; I look forward to your sage direction.

Thanks, good to know you're up and running with the yield information at least.

I think we might need some input from Kiloran for the dividend info. I suspect QLT is causing us issues because there's only a single line-entry of dividend information on the Investorease website, and I'm not sure if we'll have come across this scenario before -

https://tinyurl.com/ybhzf5tc

I suspect this might be a unique situation that's not catered for in the tool. Hopefully Kiloran will be along soon to take a look and see what he thinks.

I should add that if you change the Parameter sheet so that the dividends process looks at the Dividend Data website, it works as expected...

Cheers,

Itsallaguess

kempiejon
Lemon Quarter

Postby kempiejon » September 15th, 2018, 7:40 pm

Itsallaguess wrote:Thanks, good to know you're up and running with the yield information at least.

I think we might need some input from Kiloran for the dividend info. I suspect QLT is causing us issues because there's only a single line-entry of dividend information on the Investorease website, and I'm not sure if we'll have come across this scenario before -

https://tinyurl.com/ybhzf5tc

I suspect this might be a unique situation that's not catered for in the tool. Hopefully Kiloran will be along soon to take a look and see what he thinks.

I should add that if you change the Parameter sheet so that the dividends process looks at the Dividend Data website, it works as expected...

Cheers,

Itsallaguess

Thank you so much, yes I can see the differences on the Investorease site you highlighted, it is still failing to update the dividend info so I have toggled to use Dividend Data and pulled dates for QLT so I'm happy and a little more enlightened on the working of the spreadsheet. I'm pleased there was a solution, I think now I could have a stab at correcting a few more types of problems myself if I encounter them - which is nice.

kiloran
Lemon Quarter

Postby kiloran » September 17th, 2018, 9:05 pm

Solution at: viewtopic.php?f=27&t=13751

--kiloran

Return to “Financial Software - Discussion”