Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

Digital look

Discussions regarding financial software
Ricksure
Lemon Pip

Digital look

Postby Ricksure » October 15th, 2018, 8:44 am

Anyone having problems logging on to Digital look this morning, looks like they updated the log in page over the weekend and now it doesn't recognise my password or email address

Nocton
Lemon Slice

Re: Digital look

Postby Nocton » October 15th, 2018, 9:08 am

It was OK for me just now, but I have given up using it regularly because of these sorts of problems with the site and the reduction in user friendliness and info after the last upgrade/change.

kiloran
Lemon Quarter

Postby kiloran » October 15th, 2018, 9:38 am

Ricksure wrote:Anyone having problems logging on to Digital look this morning, looks like they updated the log in page over the weekend and now it doesn't recognise my password or email address

I very rarely log in but I tried just now.
Using Chrome, it immediately redirects me to https://uk.webfg.com/ and it does not recognise my Digital Look username and password
Using Firefox and Internet Explorer, I get to http://www.digitallook.com and it allows me to login and then remains on Digital Look

I wonder if Chrome is redirecting me because DL uses http and Webfg uses https?

--kiloran

spiderbill
Lemon Slice

Postby spiderbill » October 15th, 2018, 12:59 pm

Firefox is now redirecting me to webfg too. So I doubt that digital look is now officially retired.

A pity as the new site must be one of the worst designed sites I've come across, and I say that as an internet consutant who's seen a LOT of crap sites.

Time to search for somewhere else but none of the ones I know are exactly famed for good layout, logical navigation or ease of use. I sometimes think that it's deliberate to make finance seem more complicated!

cheers
Spiderbill

Jadder

Postby Jadder » October 15th, 2018, 6:30 pm

Also had problems accessing the Digital Look site today. It wouldn't recognise the user name and password I have used for years. I changed the password as directed, but the new Webfg site seemingly has no record of my Portfolio nor Watchlist! Really annoying, as all my individual securities and funds are there in one place. The Watchlist has also been built up over a number of years. I also had a number of star screeners I used regularly. No warning given that they would be lost when final changeover to Webfg. The Webfg site looks awful. If I have to reconstruct data from scratch it certainly won't be with Webfg. Such a pity, as Digitallook has been really useful over the years, particularly in getting a daily summary of individual and aggregate changes.
Any suggestions for the best Portfolio, Watchlist, Share Screeners, with reliabilty, ease of use, and preferably cheap!

Breelander
Lemon Quarter

Postby Breelander » October 15th, 2018, 6:39 pm

Jadder wrote:..the new Webfg site seemingly has no record of my Portfolio nor Watchlist! Really annoying...

Yes, Webfg and DL are two completely independent logins. Neither holds any information about the other.

I have bookmarked my DL portfolios, so when I sign in I get the original DL login page. Try this link...

www.digitallook.com/cgi-bin/dlmedia/log ... uation.cgi

Jadder

Postby Jadder » October 15th, 2018, 7:25 pm

Thanks very much, Breelander. The link to the original DL log in page worked! But for how much longer?

Breelander
Lemon Quarter

Postby Breelander » October 15th, 2018, 7:59 pm

Jadder wrote:Thanks very much, Breelander. The link to the original DL log in page worked! But for how much longer?

Don't know, but I suspect it will work for a while longer. If you want to look for alternatives then see this old thread from the TMF days...
https://web.archive.org/web/20161115151 ... sort=whole

The MoneyExtra portfolio service was closed and alternatives were asked for. Of the ones I tested for that thread, MorningStar and FT.com portfolios seemed viable alternatives. Both are free registration. See the thread for more details.

meldrewlives
Lemon Pip

Postby meldrewlives » October 16th, 2018, 8:22 am

Hmmm tried Bree's link but couldn't get to my old Digitallook portfolio.

All in all it's a real pain in the backside! I don't want to have to login to any of my broker platforms just to get a quick read on the daily movements of my holdings.

meldrewlives
Lemon Pip

Postby meldrewlives » October 16th, 2018, 9:48 am

Even weirder... I'm still getting share price alerts from the digitallook website and can still reach the functionality to re-activate a triggered alert. However if I try to get to my old watchlist data the 'Portfolio' link just goes to the Webfg site sign-on page.

FWIW I set up a daily monitoring watchlist on the Investors Chronicle website since I'm registered there. Found it a bit clunky but I'll live with it until I find a better solution.

If anyone comes up with a good solution I'll be glad to hear of it. I don't want a transaction based portfolio e.g. like Morningstar's I use a different solution for that, just a quick overview of what's going on to my holdings via a watchlist.

Breelander
Lemon Quarter

Postby Breelander » October 16th, 2018, 11:36 am

meldrewlives wrote:Even weirder... I'm still getting share price alerts from the digitallook website and can still reach the functionality to re-activate a triggered alert. However if I try to get to my old watchlist data the 'Portfolio' link just goes to the Webfg site sign-on page...

I have been testing further, and fine that mostly everything works normally - but not the link near top left saying 'Portfolios & Watchlists' which redirects to WebFG.

Seems you do not have a portfolio, only a watchlist. In that case try this log in link. It should take you direct to your watchlist once you sign in.

http://www.digitallook.com/cgi-bin/dlme ... =valuation

meldrewlives
Lemon Pip

Postby meldrewlives » October 16th, 2018, 4:56 pm

Nice one Bree - that link did indeed work! Thanks. What's the secret?

Breelander
Lemon Quarter

Postby Breelander » October 16th, 2018, 5:06 pm

meldrewlives wrote:Nice one Bree - that link did indeed work! Thanks. What's the secret?

Glad to have helped. The 'secret' is that I have bookmarks that go direct to my portfolio(s) or watchlist(s) after a sign in prompt. I just gave you copies of them with all the personal account details removed, but retaining all the redirection info.

Ricksure
Lemon Pip

Postby Ricksure » October 18th, 2018, 8:07 am

Thanks for the link Breelander, I can now get to my portfolios

I did send an email to DL asking what had changed but had no reply to date

jaizan
Lemon Slice

Postby jaizan » October 19th, 2018, 10:29 pm

After about 10 years or so, I gave up on Digital Look last year when the website became way too clunky & unreliable.

alonzo

Postby alonzo » October 23rd, 2018, 3:13 pm

Breelander wrote:
Jadder wrote:..the new Webfg site seemingly has no record of my Portfolio nor Watchlist! Really annoying...

Yes, Webfg and DL are two completely independent logins. Neither holds any information about the other.

I have bookmarked my DL portfolios, so when I sign in I get the original DL login page. Try this link...

http://www.digitallook.com/cgi-bin/dlme ... uation.cgi

same thing here...

UKNeil

Postby UKNeil » October 26th, 2018, 11:53 am

I happened onto this site by chance searching for " Digital look log in problems ".... DL is the 2nd "virtual" portfolio I have used (can't recall the first which decided to close itself down) and it took a while to transfer all of the information costs etc over to DL . A few weeks ago I started to have log in problems and was transferred to webfg , tried to transfer of information ,too difficult and decided to look elsewhere. I have started to set up my portfolio on "This is Money" site . Run by the Daily Mail it is really easy to set up however many portfolios you may need and there are a lot of extra functions you can use - haven't tried to as yet but its all there .I am thru to DigLook finally , but will continue to set up with This is Money just in case the inevitable happens . Thanks for the Digital Look link - its been a lifesaver

UKNeil

Postby UKNeil » October 26th, 2018, 4:41 pm

Just re-called my original portfolio supplier - MoneyExtra... I think a few people with virtuals were caught when this site closed its virtual offerings

Breelander
Lemon Quarter

Postby Breelander » October 29th, 2018, 5:46 pm

This morning I could get into my DL portfolios with the links I posted earlier.

This evening I can no longer access any of them. The links no longer bring up the DL sign in page, just a blank page.

Whether this is the end of the DL portfolios, or just a glitch on the servers is yet to be determined. FWIW (very little, I suspect) I have had no email notification from DL that the service would be withdrawn...

UKNeil

Postby UKNeil » October 30th, 2018, 9:13 am

Yes , tried myself yesterday. It went down in the pm and has not returned. Fortunately I managed to transfer some of my share history information over to my new portfolio on "This is Money" site but still got lots of info still to recoup. Oh well , will keep trying on the DL site in hope.

Return to “Financial Software - Discussion”