Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva, for Donating to support the site

HYPTUSS F&C Tickers Change

Discussions regarding financial software
AJC5001
Lemon Slice

HYPTUSS F&C Tickers Change

Postby AJC5001 » November 13th, 2018, 12:31 am

I have the F&C Capital and Income Inv Trust (Ticker FCI) in my HYPTUSS Watchlist tab as it was in one of Luniversal's Unit Trust baskets.
Today this has caused the 'Get DL Forecast Yield' function to fail with a 'Run-time error '91': Object variable or With block variable not set'.
(All the yields etc before this row being completed before the update failed).

By deleting this entry for FCI, the update completes successfully.

The problem seems to be that a number of Foreign & Colonial tickers have changed today - see https://www.theaic.co.uk/aic/news/citywire-news/foreign-colonial-name-goes-as-fc-trusts-and-saving-schemes-adopt-bmo-brand
"Foreign & Colonial name goes as F&C trusts and saving schemes adopt BMO brand"

I've tried changing the entry in the Digital Look Data Sheet for FCI to BCI, and also changed the URL Suffix and Name entries by replacing f&c with BMO.
Unfortunately this didn't seem to have fixed the problem. :( I then changed the URL Suffix to "/equity/BMO_Capital_Income_Investment_Trust" which then worked OK.
I don't know what other changes are needed to the FCI row entries (Divi Code and CSI)
Obviously any other changed tickers will also need changing in the Digital Look Data Sheet. I haven't looked at them as I don't have them in my watchlist.

Adrian

kiloran
Lemon Quarter

Re: HYPTUSS F&C Tickers Change

Postby kiloran » November 13th, 2018, 10:06 am

Many thanks for the info.

I've updated the file digital_look_data_sheet.txt at http://lemonfoolfinancialsoftware.weebl ... op-up.html and it will be included in the next version of HYPTUSS

URL Suffix                                  | Data Sheet Name                       | EPIC | New Data Sheet Sector         | Divi Code | CSI   | Notes          
/equity/BMO_Capital_Income_Investment_Trust | BMO Capital & Income Investment Trust | BCI | Equity Investment Instruments | BCI | 11932 | Previously FCI
/equity/BMO_Global_Smaller_Companies | BMO Global Smaller Companies | BGSC | Equity Investment Instruments | BGSC | 11839 | Previously FCS
/equity/BMO_Private_Equity_Trust | BMO Private Equity Trust | BPET | Equity Investment Instruments | BPET | 50999 | Previously FPEO
/equity/FC_Investment_Trust | F and C Investment Trust | FCIT | Equity Investment Instruments | FCIT | 10192 | Previously FRCL

Note that Webfg is rather inconsistent at the moment, sometimes using the old EPIC and sometimes the new. Sources of dividend data may also take a while to reflect the changes.

--kiloran

Bena48

Postby Bena48 » December 1st, 2018, 5:43 pm

Hi

how does one replace the data sheet with the new one in txt?

thanks in advance

kiloran
Lemon Quarter

Postby kiloran » December 1st, 2018, 6:08 pm

Bena48 wrote:Hi

how does one replace the data sheet with the new one in txt?

thanks in advance

Just use normal spreadsheet functionality
  1. Open HYPTUSS and "digital Look Data Sheet.txt" in Excel (or LibreOffice/OpenOffice
  2. Delete the contents of HYPTUSS/Digital Look Data Sheet
  3. Copy everything in "digital Look Data Sheet.txt"
  4. Paste into HYPTUSS/Digital Look Data Sheet
Hope this helps

--kiloran

Return to “Financial Software - Discussion”