Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva, for Donating to support the site

Screeners?

Discussions regarding financial software
Davidsb
2 Lemon pips

Screeners?

Postby Davidsb » November 24th, 2018, 10:24 am

Now that DL appears to have been completely merged into WebFG, are there any free to access websites which offer a screening facility? A search of this board only turns up references to the DL screener, which I have been using quite happily for a number of years.

I used to run a number of watchlists in DL, which now seem to have vanished - I re-created my main watchlist in WebFG, but (1) it was very clunky to input and use, and (2) it disappeared after a couple of weeks, and I have not been able to locate it again.

I have a watchlist in Morningstar, which is a lot better than anything WebFG offers. However, the Morningstar screener was clearly designed by a spotty-faced sixteen-year-old in his bedroom between bouts of Grand Theft Auto, so clearly it's almost completely useless. (Or maybe he was working on the WebFG watchlist program.....)

So, any suggestions would be gratefully received.

TIA

Itsallaguess
Lemon Half

Re: Screeners?

Postby Itsallaguess » November 24th, 2018, 10:42 am

Davidsb wrote:
Now that DL appears to have been completely merged into WebFG, are there any free to access websites which offer a screening facility? A search of this board only turns up references to the DL screener, which I have been using quite happily for a number of years.

I used to run a number of watchlists in DL, which now seem to have vanished - I re-created my main watchlist in WebFG, but (1) it was very clunky to input and use, and (2) it disappeared after a couple of weeks, and I have not been able to locate it again.

I have a watchlist in Morningstar, which is a lot better than anything WebFG offers. However, the Morningstar screener was clearly designed by a spotty-faced sixteen-year-old in his bedroom between bouts of Grand Theft Auto, so clearly it's almost completely useless. (Or maybe he was working on the WebFG watchlist program.....)

So, any suggestions would be gratefully received.

It's not clear what you're screening for, but Kiloran updates the StepOne FTSE350 replacement spreadsheet once a month, which is a really useful start for many of my own screening tasks, although they are mostly related to yields and suchlike, so I'm not sure if it would help with your own screens.

Have a look and see if it's something that you might find useful -

http://lemonfoolfinancialsoftware.weebly.com/stepone-ftse350.html

Cheers,

Itsallaguess

Raptor
Lemon Quarter

Postby Raptor » November 24th, 2018, 1:41 pm

Moderator Message:
Not a HYP thread. Moving from HYP Practical to Financial Software. Raptor.

Breelander
Lemon Quarter

Postby Breelander » November 24th, 2018, 3:30 pm

Davidsb wrote:Now that DL appears to have been completely merged into WebFG...

Actually it hasn't. The DL portfolios, watchlists and screeners are still there and fully functional. The only thing that has changed (so far) is there's no easy way to log in and reach them....

...I used to run a number of watchlists in DL, which now seem to have vanished ...

Fortunately if you have (as I had) bookmarked your portfolio for convenient direct access you can still get a log in screen if you use the bookmark to go directly there. These are generic links that will log you in and take you to your own Portfolios/Watchlists/Screeners.

DL Screening Tools: http://www.digitallook.com/dlmedia/inve ... rname=&ac=

DL Create & Manage Portfolios: http://www.digitallook.com/cgi-bin/dlme ... atchlist=0

DL Create & Manage Watchlists: http://www.digitallook.com/cgi-bin/dlme ... atchlist=1

. For how much longer the DL services will continue is any one's guess, but for now they are still fully functional.

I re-created my main watchlist in WebFG, but ... it was very clunky to input and use... I have a watchlist in Morningstar...

I started to do the same for my Portfolios, but very quickly gave up as the WebFG one is lacking most of the basic features you'd expect.

I have kept a Morningstar portfolio in parallel with DL for a few years now, but I've kept an FT.com Portfolio as well. Of the two the FT one will be my fallback position of choice if/when the DL portfolio is finally killed off. Both Morningstar and FT are free registration.

Return to “Financial Software - Discussion”