Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva, for Donating to support the site

New HYPTUSS versions 11.65 and b-j

Discussions regarding financial software
midgesgalore
Lemon Slice

Re: New HYPTUSS versions 11.65 and b-j

Postby midgesgalore » March 12th, 2019, 1:03 am

Thanks IAAG and kiloran
I downloaded your zip and I can see I have some shares, most likely not in the datasheet (I added to my last datasheet myself - excel v11.52 as this has been working just fine).
For the record these are:
Telford Homes, TEF
Tritax Big Box, BBOX
Regional REIT, RGL
Warehouse REIT, WHR

The datasheet info that I entered into my previous spreadsheet are:
/equity/Telford_Homes Telford Homes TEF Household Goods TEF https://www.telfordhomes-ir.london/investors
/equity/Tritax_Big_Box_Reit Tritax_Big_Box_Reit BBOX Real Estate Investment Trusts BBOX https://tritaxbigbox.co.uk/investors/
/equity/Warehouse_Reit Warehouse_Reit WHR Real Estate Investment Trusts WHR https://www.warehousereit.co.uk/investors/
/equity/Regional_REIT_Limited Regional Reit RGL Real Estate Investment Trusts RGL http://www.regionalreit.com/investors/i ... s-dividend

There are a few ITs I added too where I can get price information but nothing else:
ASLI, USA, SSON

Too late to fix, i'll get back to it later ;)
and thanks once more the effort you folks put into the tools

midgesgalore

kiloran
Lemon Quarter

Postby kiloran » March 12th, 2019, 9:48 am

Raptor wrote:Have now updated everything and can say I like the changes. All work well. Although I have a request for additional "sorts" on the "overview screen".

Mind you used the "User Guide" to make sure that I had everything copied correctly this time. Did notice:-

15. If you have a customised version of the Digital Look Data Sheet (DLDS)
1. On the old DLDS, select all cells, right-click and select “Clear all contents”
2. On the new DLDS, select all cells, right-click and select “Copy”
3. On the old DLDS, select cell A1, right-click and select “Paste”

Be aware if you do this you will have problems with the new functions of super sectors (I just copied my changes and added the super sectors seperately. Lucky for me only a few).

Raptor.

Good catch!
I've added a note to the above text of the User Guide at http://lemonfoolfinancialsoftware.weebl ... op-up.html
Note: If you are migrating from a customised version prior to 11.65 or b-j to version
11.65 or b-j or higher, this will result in no Super-Sector in column I. This will have to be
created manually

--kiloran

bailey56

Postby bailey56 » March 12th, 2019, 10:06 am

Many thanks for the update and new features. I really like the snapshot tool - very useful for looking back - thank you.

One very minor issue: I'm using the Libre Office version and have found that the 'Week Ahead' pulls up a webpage that creates an error on the IC website.

For example the current week 11-15th March is:

https://www.investorschronicle.co.uk//w ... -15-march/

If I take out one of the 2 slashes after the .uk and reload it works OK.

Many thanks to kiloran and Itsallaguess.

bailey

kiloran
Lemon Quarter

Postby kiloran » March 12th, 2019, 11:02 am

midgesgalore wrote:Thanks IAAG and kiloran
I downloaded your zip and I can see I have some shares, most likely not in the datasheet (I added to my last datasheet myself - excel v11.52 as this has been working just fine).
For the record these are:
Telford Homes, TEF
Tritax Big Box, BBOX
Regional REIT, RGL
Warehouse REIT, WHR

The datasheet info that I entered into my previous spreadsheet are:
/equity/Telford_Homes Telford Homes TEF Household Goods TEF https://www.telfordhomes-ir.london/investors
/equity/Tritax_Big_Box_Reit Tritax_Big_Box_Reit BBOX Real Estate Investment Trusts BBOX https://tritaxbigbox.co.uk/investors/
/equity/Warehouse_Reit Warehouse_Reit WHR Real Estate Investment Trusts WHR https://www.warehousereit.co.uk/investors/
/equity/Regional_REIT_Limited Regional Reit RGL Real Estate Investment Trusts RGL http://www.regionalreit.com/investors/i ... s-dividend

There are a few ITs I added too where I can get price information but nothing else:
ASLI, USA, SSON

Too late to fix, i'll get back to it later ;)
and thanks once more the effort you folks put into the tools

midgesgalore

I've added the above to the file digital_look_data_sheet.txt at http://lemonfoolfinancialsoftware.weebl ... op-up.html

--kiloran

kiloran
Lemon Quarter

Postby kiloran » March 12th, 2019, 11:36 am

Breelander wrote:Advance warning for Kiloran/Itsallaguess

The ICB structure has been revised and will change from 1st July.

ICB Structure and Code Changes – July 1, 2019. For additional details, please contact: info@ftserussell.com

To help clients transition to the new ICB structure, the legacy ICB Universe product will continue to be provided to clients in parallel until 2020...
https://www.ftserussell.com/financial-d ... chmark-icb

Thanks!
I've set my Google calendar to remind me to review this on 01Jul19

--kiloran

kiloran
Lemon Quarter

Postby kiloran » March 12th, 2019, 11:44 am

Raptor wrote:Did notice duplicates in the datasheet is there a reason for this. Not that it affects me as I do not have any of the shares, TCAP springs to mind.
Raptor.

Well spotted!
I've deleted the duplicate for TCAP and republished. Can't see any other duplicates (checked by counting the number of records by ticker in a pivot table)

--kiloran

PrefInvestor
Lemon Slice

HYPTUSS Dividend Data

Postby PrefInvestor » March 12th, 2019, 12:32 pm

Hi All,

I'm still new to the Lemon Fool and have just been reading about your HYPTUSS tool for portfolio management. I have my own portfolio / investment spreadsheet developed over many years and have no immediate plans to change over to HYPTUSS. Its a thought I suppose, but somehow having control of your own spreadsheet allows you to implement new features as you perceive the need for them.

I was interested to see that it looks as though you use http://www.dividenddata.co.uk as the source of your dividend data ?. I too have used that but have found it pretty patchy in terms of coverage of my portfolio which contains a mix of single stocks, ITs and ETFs. Have you not encountered the same problem ?.

I have yet to find a totally definitive source of all dividend info for FTSE All Share components, if anyone knows of a free site containing such info then I'd be very interested.

ATB

Pref

kiloran
Lemon Quarter

Re: HYPTUSS Dividend Data

Postby kiloran » March 12th, 2019, 12:47 pm

PrefInvestor wrote:Hi All,

I'm still new to the Lemon Fool and have just been reading about your HYPTUSS tool for portfolio management. I have my own portfolio / investment spreadsheet developed over many years and have no immediate plans to change over to HYPTUSS. Its a thought I suppose, but somehow having control of your own spreadsheet allows you to implement new features as you perceive the need for them.

I was interested to see that it looks as though you use http://www.dividenddata.co.uk as the source of your dividend data ?. I too have used that but have found it pretty patchy in terms of coverage of my portfolio which contains a mix of single stocks, ITs and ETFs. Have you not encountered the same problem ?.

I have yet to find a totally definitive source of all dividend info for FTSE All Share components, if anyone knows of a free site containing such info then I'd be very interested.

ATB

Pref

For a classic pyadic HYP, based predominantly on the FTSE350, the DividendData website does all that is needed. Data tends to be accurate and reliable, though the website does throw a tantrum if you ask it too many questions. :(
Other useful sources are Investorease and ADVFN. I have not yet found a site useful for reporting ETF dividends.

Here's a list of potential data sources I've accumulated over the years: http://lemonfoolfinancialsoftware.weebl ... sites.html

--kiloran

staffordian
Lemon Quarter

Postby staffordian » March 12th, 2019, 12:54 pm

I upgraded to the new version the other day and just wanted to say how grateful I am to kiloran and Itsallaguess for their continuing work on this.

Thank you!

kiloran
Lemon Quarter

Postby kiloran » March 12th, 2019, 1:10 pm

spiderbill wrote:
kiloran wrote:Excel or LibreOffice? Which version?

I don't think we made any changes to the price retrieval process, so this does seem a little odd.
Which version of HYPTUSS were you previously using?
--kiloran

Hi kiloran

Libre Office, just updated to 6.1.5.2 (x64) from 5.4-ish
Previous HYPTUSS is b-h
Never had a similar occurance through many versions. Got a few contradictory results as I was trying to isolate it so eventually cleared it out and added each share in manually, testing retrieval after each addition. Of course SLF was the last one and that's when it failed.

I can confirm the problem.
It seems to be OK with version b-h. I don't remember any recent changes to the price retrieval macro, but I'll review it and hopefully fix in the next day or so.

--kiloran

Haylingchris

Postby Haylingchris » March 12th, 2019, 1:52 pm

Hi Kiloran

I too am getting the same error as Spiderbill.

It gives the error on every price for every share I try to update prices on - even just the original table imported with only BP in the list. I've tried selecting all the price sources in the options. Oddly the error message refers to Yahoo which isn't even on the list.

I'm using a very old (I've now discovered) version of Open Office - version 4.1.1. Will now up-date that - but don't expect it to be the source of the problem. I'm trying to update from a HYPTUSS version I downloaded January 18 (I didn't record the version number).

Good luck with the fix. This has been a brilliant piece of software made available to us, I really appreciate your work.

Chris

Raptor
Lemon Quarter

Postby Raptor » March 12th, 2019, 2:07 pm

PrefInvestor wrote:Hi All,

ATB

Pref

Like you I came to HYPTUSS with a spreadsheet going back many years, with functions I got used to. What I did was use VLOOKUP in my spreadsheets to grab the data from a "vanilla" (well nearly) HYPTUSS. That way I could use HYPTUSS for the functions I was missing (like most of them) and still use mine without the need to update price or yield fields. My changes to HYPTUSS revolve around sector definition and I "vlookup" the number of shares from my spreadsheet so I only have to do it in one place. Excel of course, my spreadsheet has loads of formatting to make my life easier with visual presentations of my criteria, helps with top-ups and top-slicing/selling.

Raptor.

funduffer
Lemon Quarter

Postby funduffer » March 12th, 2019, 2:56 pm

Raptor wrote:
Split from RGS 0410856 - Tobacco."

Or should that be spliff? :D

Breelander
Lemon Quarter

Postby Breelander » March 12th, 2019, 3:30 pm

PrefInvestor wrote:I'm still new to the Lemon Fool and have just been reading about your HYPTUSS tool for portfolio management. I have my own portfolio / investment spreadsheet developed over many years and have no immediate plans to change over to HYPTUSS. Its a thought I suppose, but somehow having control of your own spreadsheet allows you to implement new features as you perceive the need for them...

I'm relatively ancient :)

I have my own spreadsheet too, first written in Excel 95 (which goes to shows how long I've been maintaining it). I find HYPTUSS a very useful too to run alongside it as my portfolio is managed along classic HYP lines.

kiloran
Lemon Quarter

Postby kiloran » March 12th, 2019, 3:48 pm

Haylingchris wrote:Hi Kiloran

I too am getting the same error as Spiderbill.

It gives the error on every price for every share I try to update prices on - even just the original table imported with only BP in the list. I've tried selecting all the price sources in the options. Oddly the error message refers to Yahoo which isn't even on the list.

I'm using a very old (I've now discovered) version of Open Office - version 4.1.1. Will now up-date that - but don't expect it to be the source of the problem. I'm trying to update from a HYPTUSS version I downloaded January 18 (I didn't record the version number).

Good luck with the fix. This has been a brilliant piece of software made available to us, I really appreciate your work.

Chris

I seem to remember that OpenOffice 4.1.1 was a worthless bug-ridden piece of $%^&* :(
I just tried version b-j with OpenOffice 4.1.1.portable, and sure enough it fails to retrieve prices. Didn't look beyond that.
OpenOffice 4.1.5 portable retrieves prices OK but fails on Forecast Yields and the new Overview feature.

To be honest, OpenOffice development seems to be somewhat static and I much prefer LibreOffice (which is what I use to develop HYPTUSS). It appears to have a much more dynamic and reliable development community.

LibreOffice https://www.libreoffice.org/download/download/
LibreOffice Portable https://portableapps.com/apps/office/li ... e_portable

I'll try to have a look at the OpenOffice problems again, but it may just be effort better expended elsewhere

--kiloran

Breelander
Lemon Quarter

Postby Breelander » March 12th, 2019, 4:19 pm

kiloran wrote:....To be honest, OpenOffice development seems to be somewhat static and I much prefer LibreOffice (which is what I use to develop HYPTUSS)...

FYI, I first installed LibreOffice portable v4.3.5.2 and have never got round to updating it - and why should I when it works perfectly with HYPTUSS b-j?

Haylingchris

Postby Haylingchris » March 12th, 2019, 6:01 pm

I seem to remember that OpenOffice 4.1.1 was a worthless bug-ridden piece of $%^&* :(
I just tried version b-j with OpenOffice 4.1.1.portable, and sure enough it fails to retrieve prices. Didn't look beyond that.
OpenOffice 4.1.5 portable retrieves prices OK but fails on Forecast Yields and the new Overview feature.

To be honest, OpenOffice development seems to be somewhat static and I much prefer LibreOffice (which is what I use to develop HYPTUSS). It appears to have a much more dynamic and reliable development community.

--kiloran

Thanks Kiloran

In my ignorance I had thought Open Office and Libre Office were two names for the same thing!!

I'll give Libre Office a go.

C

spiderbill
Lemon Slice

Postby spiderbill » March 12th, 2019, 9:05 pm

kiloran wrote:I can confirm the problem.
It seems to be OK with version b-h. I don't remember any recent changes to the price retrieval macro, but I'll review it and hopefully fix in the next day or so.
--kiloran

Thanks kiloran, glad to see it's reproduceable and not just a random event or something local to a particular system. As I say it's not critical for me as I can work around it but always best to have clean code in case of future bug hunting. I've no doubt you'll solve it in due course.

Noticed another small oddity in the Sector Weighting Chart. I have a small holding in Debenhams (which is now a tiny holding worth only 21 quid!). The graph shows it correctly under General Retailers as being tiny - 0.02%, but the listing shows it at the bottom of the list but as 1.52% - both on the list and on the component stock. DEB are my only General Retailer so something seems to be awry somewhere.

cheers
Spiderbill

Itsallaguess
Lemon Half

Postby Itsallaguess » March 12th, 2019, 9:14 pm

spiderbill wrote:
Noticed another small oddity in the Sector Weighting Chart. I have a small holding in Debenhams (which is now a tiny holding worth only 21 quid!). The graph shows it correctly under General Retailers as being tiny - 0.02%, but the listing shows it at the bottom of the list but as 1.52% - both on the list and on the component stock. DEB are my only General Retailer so something seems to be awry somewhere.

Are you please able to post an 'Overview' table Spiderbill?

It's certainly going to be easier to diagnose this specific issue if we can generate the same capital-weighting portfolio components as you've currently got, and the figures available in the 'Overview' table will allow us to do that, and crucially without going down to the level of displaying 'actual' capital values - only weighting proportions which we can then replicate.

I know you're discussing the OO version here, but I'd also like to replicate your portfolio weighting in the Excel version too, so kiloran and I can compare notes if possible.

Thanks for the feedback.

Cheers,

Itsallaguess

kiloran
Lemon Quarter

Postby kiloran » March 12th, 2019, 9:21 pm

spiderbill wrote:
kiloran wrote:I can confirm the problem.
--kiloran

Thanks kiloran, glad to see it's reproduceable and not just a random event or something local to a particular system. As I say it's not critical for me as I can work around it but always best to have clean code in case of future bug hunting. I've no doubt you'll solve it in due course.

cheers
Spiderbill

I've fixed the problem but I'll hold off publishing for a wee while to see if any other bug fixes can be added

--kiloran

Return to “Financial Software - Discussion”