Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

Sharecast Forward Yield weirdness

Discussions regarding financial software
kiloran
Lemon Quarter

Re: Sharecast Forward Yield weirdness

Postby kiloran » July 2nd, 2019, 9:09 am

Breelander wrote:
kiloran wrote:Still no sign of improvement so I've emailed Sharecast

Is it just me, or are the forecast yields looking sensible at the moment? I have just checked (at 6:30 am) for forecast yields using b-k and the are not all 0.1% at they were yesterday. Or is it only because I checked well outside trading hours?

Well spotted that man!
I just checked my 35-share HYP and compared the forecast yield with that from the end of May and data looks very credible. Forecast Cover still has a problem, and the forecast EPS on the sharecast page also seems to be very wrong on those shares I checked.

The data was certainly wrong on sunday so they either fixed it for the new week, or perhaps on the june-july transition.

Many thanks, Bree

--kiloran

kiloran
Lemon Quarter

Postby kiloran » July 2nd, 2019, 9:20 am

kiloran wrote:
AJC5001 wrote:
kiloran wrote:Still no sign of improvement so I've emailed Sharecast

--kiloran

As this is still not fixed, will it affect the next Stepone FTSE 350 due on 1st July?

Adrian

I've updated the StepOne FTSE350 at http://lemonfoolfinancialsoftware.weebl ... se350.html

As expected, all of the forecast data from Sharecast is wrong/corrupted so I've inserted the forecast data from the end-May spreadsheet, on the basis that a forecast one month out-of-date is better than garbage data.

--kiloran

It looks like the problems at Sharecast might be resolved (thanks Bree!) so I'll look at rerunning the StepOne FTSE350 data today

--kiloran

Itsallaguess
Lemon Half

Postby Itsallaguess » July 2nd, 2019, 10:12 am

kiloran wrote:
The data was certainly wrong on Sunday so they either fixed it for the new week, or perhaps on the june-july transition.

I've been checking Vodafone regularly on the Sharecast website, and I can say that it was still broken as of late yesterday afternoon at least.

Looks good now though, so hopefully that particular issue might be behind us.

Cheers,

Itsallaguess

robbelg
Lemon Slice

Postby robbelg » July 2nd, 2019, 10:19 am

I wouldn't relax yet.

I've just had a quick look at BATS and while the primary forecast yield is a sensible looking 7.3%, further down the page its 746.1% !!

Rob

kiloran
Lemon Quarter

Postby kiloran » July 2nd, 2019, 10:31 am

robbelg wrote:I wouldn't relax yet.

I've just had a quick look at BATS and while the primary forecast yield is a sensible looking 7.3%, further down the page its 746.1% !!

Rob

The 746.1% is in the Forecast section (which also has the crazy EPS) which we don't use. This data is certainly cleaner than it was.... over the past week or two many companies had 2 or 3 records for the same year.

We get the forecast yield from the Key Financials section, which appears to be back to normal (though not for Dividend Cover).

I'm currently dumping Forecast Yield data for all of the FTSE350 and I'll compare it with the data from the end of May.

--kiloran

kiloran
Lemon Quarter

Postby kiloran » July 2nd, 2019, 11:46 am

Looks like the Forecast Yield in Sharecast is pretty much back to normal.

Here's the data for the FTSE350, with a comparison with the data from the end of May. It looks quite credible to me.

I've updated the StepOne FTSE350 data at: http://lemonfoolfinancialsoftware.weebl ... se350.html

--kiloran

Return to “Financial Software - Discussion”