Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

Investegate email alerts stopped arriving

Discussions regarding financial software
Breelander
Lemon Quarter

Investegate email alerts stopped arriving

Postby Breelander » October 24th, 2019, 6:42 pm

On another thread daveh asked...

daveh wrote:On an unrelated topic Investegate haven't emailed me anything since Monday is anyone else having problems?

I also had the same problem (and not for the first time). Previously signing in to Investegate and saving my Alert settings was sufficient to get it working again, but not today. In the end it took adding another company to my alerts and saving the settings to kick it back into action.

The first email alert I received after that was for a company other than the one I added, so it looks like normal service has resumed. None of the 'missed' alerts were sent, but it looks like all future ones should arrive as normal.

daveh
Lemon Quarter

Re: Investegate email alerts stopped arriving

Postby daveh » October 25th, 2019, 8:15 am

Thanks, I'll try that, but I did add MNG at the beginning of the week which didn't seem to help. Just added RDSA instead of RDSB, so lets see if that will kickstart things. This week I've been having to go onto the Investegate website and look at the RNS's direct (filtered by my alert list) - not ideal.

dave

PinkDalek
Lemon Half

Postby PinkDalek » October 25th, 2019, 9:46 am

daveh wrote:This week I've been having to go onto the Investegate website and look at the RNS's direct (filtered by my alert list) - not ideal.

That's interesting, thanks. I for one hadn't spotted that option at the foot of "My Alerts". Assuming that list is up to date, it looks like I haven't missed receiving any emails.

Breelander
Lemon Quarter

Postby Breelander » October 25th, 2019, 3:05 pm

PinkDalek wrote:
daveh wrote:This week I've been having to go onto the Investegate website and look at the RNS's direct (filtered by my alert list) - not ideal.

That's interesting, thanks...

Unfortunately I don't seem to have received any alerts fro Investegate today. From other sources it appears I should have received more than 20 by now... :(
Last edited by Breelander on October 25th, 2019, 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PinkDalek
Lemon Half

Postby PinkDalek » October 25th, 2019, 3:08 pm

Breelander wrote:Unfortunately I don't seem to have received any alerts today.... :(

Nor have I but checking Investegate I wasn't due any. Again, assuming Investegate is up to date.

Edit: Would you have expected any from the Top Read https://www.investegate.co.uk/Index.aspx?top=t?

2nd edit: I've now seen your edit!

daveh
Lemon Quarter

Postby daveh » October 25th, 2019, 4:55 pm

PinkDalek wrote:
Breelander wrote:Unfortunately I don't seem to have received any alerts today.... :(

Nor have I but checking Investegate I wasn't due any. Again, assuming Investegate is up to date.

Edit: Would you have expected any from the Top Read https://www.investegate.co.uk/Index.aspx?top=t?

I should have received 5 today (not received any) and one was actually of interest (BLND results to be announced 13 Nov). I'll have to keep logging in and checking which is a pain.

seagles
Lemon Slice

Postby seagles » October 25th, 2019, 5:16 pm

daveh wrote:
PinkDalek wrote:

I should have received 5 today (not received any) and one was actually of interest (BLND results to be announced 13 Nov). I'll have to keep logging in and checking which is a pain.

I got the BLND one ok.

Breelander
Lemon Quarter

Postby Breelander » October 25th, 2019, 6:13 pm

Signing in to Investegate and filtering by my Alerts list show I should have received these:

This page shows all announcements from the companies you have added to your alerts list....

25 Oct 2019 5:22 pm
RNS Factsheet Royal Bk Scot.Grp. (RBS) Publication of Suppl.Prospcts 5:19 pm
RNS Factsheet Diageo PLC (DGE) Transaction in Own Shares 2:32 pm
RNS Factsheet Aviva PLC (AV.) Form 8.3 - BCA MARKETPLACE 2:00 pm
RNS Factsheet Morrison W.Sprmkts (MRW) Holding(s) in Company 12:00 pm
RNS Factsheet British Land Co PLC (BLND) Notice of Half Year Results 7:00 am
RNS Factsheet Barclays PLC (BARC) 3rd Quarter Results

None of then have arrived :(

jaizan
Lemon Slice

Postby jaizan » October 26th, 2019, 10:53 am

I have not been receiving Investegate alerts and in other cases, receiving them hours late.

I only have alerts for stocks I own, with the intention of checking them before the stock exchange opens. So they need to arrive on time.

I had both a LSE (London Stock Exchange) and Investegate alert set up for one stock. The LSE e-mail arrived at 7:01 and the Investegate e-mail for the same RNS arrived at 13:12, ie just over 6 hours later.

Unfortunately, every time I click through from LSE to the message, I have to declare what type of investor I am. This is a pain on a phone.

I also experimented with MorningStar, who put the entire RNS in the body of the e-mail. However, their RNS statements also tend to arrive late.

Does anyone know of an alternative ?
Must: Send RNS within a few minutes of issue (e.g. before 7:10 for a 7:00 RNS)
Want: No menus between the e-mail link and the RNS content.
Want: Full RNS in body of e-mail

Breelander
Lemon Quarter

Postby Breelander » October 29th, 2019, 11:01 pm

I am STILL not receiving any email alerts :(

OK, I've already tried resetting my alert choices, time now to try another tack. Perhaps my email address needs to be re-entered and/or checked? But there's nowhere to update or change your email address in 'My Profile'!

What about resetting my password? This struck gold. Email validation is apparently required to reset a password. So I entered my email address and received a validation code, which when entered says my email address has been validated, then takes you to the password reset page. At that point I backed out of actually resetting the password. All I had wanted to do was confirm to Investegate my email address was valid.

Interestingly, the validation code email said it was from "Microsoft on behalf of FE Investegate" (I don't remember seeing the name 'Microsoft' involved ever before). Perhaps they have updated their security systems recently, and it was waiting for confirmation of my email address before sending any more alerts?

We will see in the morning........

AJC5001
Lemon Slice

Postby AJC5001 » October 30th, 2019, 12:13 am

Breelander wrote:I am STILL not receiving any email alerts :(

OK, I've already tried resetting my alert choices, time now to try another tack. Perhaps my email address needs to be re-entered and/or checked? But there's nowhere to update or change your email address in 'My Profile'!

What about resetting my password? This struck gold. Email validation is apparently required to reset a password. So I entered my email address and received a validation code, which when entered says my email address has been validated, then takes you to the password reset page. At that point I backed out of actually resetting the password. All I had wanted to do was confirm to Investegate my email address was valid.

Interestingly, the validation code email said it was from "Microsoft on behalf of FE Investegate" (I don't remember seeing the name 'Microsoft' involved ever before). Perhaps they have updated their security systems recently, and it was waiting for confirmation of my email address before sending any more alerts?

We will see in the morning........

I don't want to discourage you, but after I read this thread a few days ago I checked if I was getting any Investegate emails. I haven't actually looked at the emails I was getting for some time (months :) ) and found that I was getting them up to 18th October, then one (Astrazeneca) on 21st October, then nothing.
I had to reset my password to get into my account to see if resetting any alerts would do anything and also noticed the 'Microsoft' reference as well whilst doing so.
Having changed some alerts (like cancelling Carillion :o ) and adding some (BHP instead of BLT for example) I have still not received any emails for the last couple of days since doing this.

So I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you. :oops:

My email was still the same as it always was.

Adrian

Breelander
Lemon Quarter

Postby Breelander » October 30th, 2019, 2:06 pm

AJC5001 wrote: ) and found that I was getting them up to 18th October, then one (Astrazeneca) on 21st October, then nothing ... I had to reset my password ... I have still not received any emails for the last couple of days since doing this ... So I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you. :oops:

You are correct. Signing in to Investegate today and filtering by my Alert list shows 12 matching RNS. None of them have appeared as emails :(

My last email was the 21st too. I have reported the problem via the 'Contact us' page while signed in, with no response.

Ironic really - I set all this up as a replacement for the Digital Look portfolio's News page when DL appeared to be closing their old Portfolio service. That is still working for me, while Investegate isn't. :oops:

kiloran
Lemon Quarter

Postby kiloran » October 30th, 2019, 2:43 pm

As far as I can tell, I've received all of the emails I expected from Investegate over the past few months. Sometimes up to a day late. I only request emails for Results, Dividends, M&A, and Advance Notice of Results.

Could the problem be related to email domains? I use xyz@gmail.com

--kiloran

Breelander
Lemon Quarter

Postby Breelander » October 30th, 2019, 3:08 pm

kiloran wrote:Could the problem be related to email domains? I use xyz@gmail.com

Quite possibly. I use xyz@yahoo.com

PinkDalek
Lemon Half

Postby PinkDalek » October 31st, 2019, 11:29 am

Breelander wrote:
kiloran wrote:Could the problem be related to email domains? I use xyz@gmail.com

It would be good if anyone else who has actually been receiving the emails over the last 10 days or so (if any) could state what email domains they are using.

I've had none recently, using abc@yahoo.co.uk!

seagles
Lemon Slice

Postby seagles » October 31st, 2019, 11:42 am

PinkDalek wrote:
Breelander wrote:

It would be good if anyone else who has actually been receiving the emails over the last 10 days or so (if any) could state what email domains they are using.

I've had none recently, using abc@yahoo.co.uk!

Receiving mine on xxx@btinternet.co.uk domain

forgotusername
Lemon Pip

Postby forgotusername » October 31st, 2019, 11:51 am

Normally I check the web site every morning so dont rely on getting an email. Just checked and found I've not had an email since 18 October. I use gmail and had to create a new account in order to switch my old email address to gmail and create a new alerts list. Was working fine up to 18/10 but nothing since.

SalvorHardin
Lemon Quarter

Postby SalvorHardin » October 31st, 2019, 12:00 pm

Nothing for a couple of weeks. My Investegate emails are meant to go to googlemail.com

I've switched to checking the page below every morning and during the day. It gives all of the primary announcments for those shares for which you've asked for alerts.

https://www.investegate.co.uk/UserAnnou ... maryTidm=0

Breelander
Lemon Quarter

Postby Breelander » October 31st, 2019, 12:49 pm

As a test, I have just registered for a second time with a btinternet address. Having recreated my alerts list we'll see if that gets anything....

...I'm not getting my hopes up :(

Breelander
Lemon Quarter

Postby Breelander » October 31st, 2019, 1:17 pm

Well, that didn't take long....

To: **** <To: ****   **********@btinternet.com>
Subject: Alert for Vodafone Group Plc (VOD) - VODAFONE SUPPORTS FAMILIES WITH NEW GLOBAL POLICY
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2019 13:08:49 +0000

...but still nothing for the original registration.

Return to “Financial Software - Discussion”