Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

HYPTUSS - Yield Update

Discussions regarding financial software
HillManMill
Lemon Pip

HYPTUSS - Yield Update

Postby HillManMill » October 26th, 2020, 10:12 am

I ran the yield update on HYPTUSS but the macro ends at one particular share; Asia Dragon Trust. Just prior to running the yield macro I ran the price update macro and the yield macro on watchlist both successfully.

I added the details for Asia Dragon Trust to the company data sheet many years ago and yield macro has been run successfully for a long time too. I was suspicious that the yield look up code might have changed, so I checked on Sharecast this indicates EFM. By the way I have tried with both EFM and DGN in column E 'divi code' for Asia Dragon Trust entry of company data sheet. [The price macro used DGN code in column C of company data sheet for its update - successful].

I my last successful yield update was on 15th October. Sorry I can't remember if this was on HYPTUSS 72 or 73.

Previously when the macro has failed to find yield info for a particular share it has returned ?? and continued to run. I then manually add yield to make HYPTUSS calculations work. With the macro ending part run the yield etc lower down the sheet are left blank so this fix is now more complex.

So can anyone help on how to get the yield macro to run please?

I am running HYPTUSS 73 on Windows 10 64 bit using Excel 2010 [32 bit version I believe].

TIA

Itsallaguess
Lemon Half

Re: HYPTUSS - Yield Update

Postby Itsallaguess » October 26th, 2020, 11:07 am

HillManMill wrote:
I ran the yield update on HYPTUSS but the macro ends at one particular share; Asia Dragon Trust.

Hi there,

If you update Column A on the 'Company Data Sheet' on the line corresponding to the Asia Dragon Trust line to the following entry, then everything should work OK from that point -

/equity/Asia_Dragon_Trust

I've just tried the above on a vanilla download of the Excel version, and it returns a Yield of 1.1%, which corresponds with the correct 'Latest Yield' for Asia Dragon Trust on the Sharecast site.

Can you give that a go and let us know how you get on?

Cheers,

Itsallaguess

HillManMill
Lemon Pip

Postby HillManMill » October 27th, 2020, 9:27 am

Itsallagues, many thanks.

I have now completed the following tests:

1. Checked the text string in column A of Company Data Sheet Lookup - I had exactly the same text string as you provided [ checked for hidden white space and - it is identical]

2. Ran get Sharecast forecast yields macro with DGN in column C and DGN in column E of Company Data Sheet - failed at Asia Dragon.

3. Ran get Sharecast forecast yields macro with DGN in column C and EFM in column E - failed at Asia Dragon.

4. Ran get Sharecast forecast yields macro with EFM in column C and EFM in column E - failed at Asia Dragon.

5. Deleted DGN from my Portfolio and then ran get Sharecast forecast yields macro - ran through successfully.

So, as you ran a test and have been unable to replicate it must be something I have done.,

My checks and thoughts:

A. I could not check to see if DGN is in the vanilla version as excel wont let me run 'finds' on company sheet. I believe the only row/record with DGN in is the one I have created [BTW I have created several bespoke rows on my HYPTUSS]

B. I tried opening the DGN Sharecast page by using the open Sharecast web page macro on high yield portfolio again- today [27x20] it returns error page not found on Sharecast but the macro will return other Sharecast pages successfully e.g. another Aberdeen Standard IT. When I ran this macro on 26x20 it bought up the DGN page successfully that why I hit on changing the codes in column C and E.

C. There is either an error in my entries on Company Data Sheet [these are below]

/equity/Asia_Dragon_Trust Asia Dragon Trust DGN Equity Investment Instruments EFM

or

These is something funny in the DGN page [or lack thereof on Shgarecast.

I can work round by running two versions of HYPTUSS one with and one without GDGN and then manually add in the yields for DGN on the 'real' version.

Thanks once again for your help.

seagles
Lemon Slice

Postby seagles » October 27th, 2020, 11:23 am

I did ctlr-f and found DGN in the Company Share Sheet.

/Asia_Dragon_Trust Asia Dragon Trust DGN IT - Asia Pacific DGN 11695 Financial Services

Does this help?

kiloran
Lemon Quarter

Postby kiloran » October 27th, 2020, 11:38 am

HillManMill wrote:Itsallagues, many thanks.

I have now completed the following tests:

1. Checked the text string in column A of Company Data Sheet Lookup - I had exactly the same text string as you provided [ checked for hidden white space and - it is identical]

2. Ran get Sharecast forecast yields macro with DGN in column C and DGN in column E of Company Data Sheet - failed at Asia Dragon.

3. Ran get Sharecast forecast yields macro with DGN in column C and EFM in column E - failed at Asia Dragon.

4. Ran get Sharecast forecast yields macro with EFM in column C and EFM in column E - failed at Asia Dragon.

5. Deleted DGN from my Portfolio and then ran get Sharecast forecast yields macro - ran through successfully.

So, as you ran a test and have been unable to replicate it must be something I have done.,

My checks and thoughts:

A. I could not check to see if DGN is in the vanilla version as excel wont let me run 'finds' on company sheet. I believe the only row/record with DGN in is the one I have created [BTW I have created several bespoke rows on my HYPTUSS]

B. I tried opening the DGN Sharecast page by using the open Sharecast web page macro on high yield portfolio again- today [27x20] it returns error page not found on Sharecast but the macro will return other Sharecast pages successfully e.g. another Aberdeen Standard IT. When I ran this macro on 26x20 it bought up the DGN page successfully that why I hit on changing the codes in column C and E.

C. There is either an error in my entries on Company Data Sheet [these are below]

/equity/Asia_Dragon_Trust Asia Dragon Trust DGN Equity Investment Instruments EFM

or

These is something funny in the DGN page [or lack thereof on Shgarecast.

I can work round by running two versions of HYPTUSS one with and one without GDGN and then manually add in the yields for DGN on the 'real' version.

Thanks once again for your help.

I think I may have caused the problem. :oops:

The correct data for the Company Data Sheet is
Col A: /equity/Asia_Dragon_Trust
Col B: Asia Dragon Trust
Col C: DGN
Col D: IT - Asia Pacific
Col E: DGN

However in HYPTUSS 11.72 and a-n, and the file company_data_sheet.txt, I inadvertently had:
Col A: /Asia_Dragon_Trust
and this certainly fails. The c.ompany data sheet was also wrongly sorted, though this would not cause an error

The data provided by Itsallaguess is correct.
I've corrected the error and updated HYPTUSS to versions 11.74 and a-o at http://lemonfoolfinancialsoftware.weebl ... op-up.html
I've also corrected the company_data_sheet.txt at http://lemonfoolfinancialsoftware.weebl ... op-up.html

Note..... if you already have version 11.73, you don't need to update to 11.74. You just need to update the company data sheet

Many apologies!

--kiloran

Itsallaguess
Lemon Half

Postby Itsallaguess » October 27th, 2020, 1:26 pm

HillManMill wrote:
My checks and thoughts:

A. I could not check to see if DGN is in the vanilla version as excel wont let me run 'finds' on company sheet.

I believe the only row/record with DGN in is the one I have created

Thanks for the comprehensive steps there, as I think that's really helped a great deal, and your two points above, along with kiloran's helpful input into this issue too, have helped nail down the problem, I think...

If you scroll up to ROW 29 on your HYPTUSS 'Company Data Sheet', can you find the following entry already there for Asia Dragon Trust, as shown in the snapshot linked below?

https://i.imgur.com/bIqszq7.png

If you've not been able to find that in the past, because of the issue with your Excel search not working, then even you inserting a new line entry for Asia Dragon Trust elsewhere is likely to still cause the issues you've been experiencing, as it's likely that the tool is still stumbling on the data held on ROW 29 before it gets to see any of your valid data elsewhere for the same entry.

I think the best thing to do will be to find the above rogue entry on ROW 29, and just delete the entire row of data, and stick with your own entry in the area of the sheet where you hold other bespoke information. So long as you ensure that your own entries correspond with the required data relayed by kiloran in his post above, then it's likely to work fine from that point -

The correct data for the Company Data Sheet is -

Col A: /equity/Asia_Dragon_Trust
Col B: Asia Dragon Trust
Col C: DGN
Col D: IT - Asia Pacific
Col E: DGN

https://www.lemonfool.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=25888#p351004

Could you let us know how you get on after doing the above two steps?

Cheers,

Itsallaguess

Itsallaguess
Lemon Half

Postby Itsallaguess » October 27th, 2020, 4:41 pm

Itsallaguess wrote:
HillManMill wrote:
My checks and thoughts:

A. I could not check to see if DGN is in the vanilla version as excel wont let me run 'finds' on company sheet.

I believe the only row/record with DGN in is the one I have created

I think the best thing to do will be to find the above rogue entry on ROW 29, and just delete the entire row of data, and stick with your own entry in the area of the sheet where you hold other bespoke information. So long as you ensure that your own entries correspond with the required data relayed by kiloran in his post above, then it's likely to work fine from that point..

If you can't find a duplicate entry on ROW 29, then have a check on ROW 144, as I've just checked one of my archive copies of v11-73 and it's actually hiding there in my copy of that version...

Cheers,

Itsallaguess

HillManMill
Lemon Pip

Postby HillManMill » October 28th, 2020, 10:22 am

Itsallaguess and KIloran,

Many thanks all is now well!

Must admit I did not know the 'find' keyboard shortcut. On my machine when running HYPTUSS the excel the find function only works properly when accessed via the Ctrl F keyboard shortcut and not via the excel menu - but I guess you both knew that.

In the vanilla list I found DGN on row 144 so I overwrote Column A with the correct text string and deleted my 'extra entry' all now works perfectly.

I'll continue running 11.73 for the moment.

Thanks once again.

Itsallaguess
Lemon Half

Postby Itsallaguess » October 28th, 2020, 10:58 am

HillManMill wrote:
Many thanks all is now well!

Must admit I did not know the 'find' keyboard shortcut. On my machine when running HYPTUSS the excel the find function only works properly when accessed via the Ctrl F keyboard shortcut and not via the excel menu - but I guess you both knew that.

In the vanilla list I found DGN on row 144 so I overwrote Column A with the correct text string and deleted my 'extra entry' all now works perfectly.

I'll continue running 11.73 for the moment.

Thanks once again.

Great news, and thanks for coming back and letting us know that you're all up and running.

Cheers,

Itsallaguess

Return to “Financial Software - Discussion”