Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Wasron,jfgw,Rhyd6,eyeball08,Wondergirly, for Donating to support the site

Lemon Fool Financial Software - SSL cert with Weebly

Discussions regarding financial software
stacker512
2 Lemon pips

Lemon Fool Financial Software - SSL cert with Weebly

Postby stacker512 » May 28th, 2023, 1:04 pm

Hi,

It's been bothering me for a while that the Lemon Fool Financial Software site on Weebly does not have SSL enabled.

Having that enabled would ensure that:
- users of the site are confident that the site content (HTML and JS, picture tracking etc) is not tampered with in-flight
- the spreadsheets being downloaded are not tampered in-flight or redirected to some other malicious site
- feel-good factor of knowing that they can trust the site

I'm not sure what hosting plan is being used, but the following page (https://cloud-developer.weebly.com/cl_gs_ssl.html) on Weebly says: "Any sites on the Starter plan or above have the ability to enable SSL." and also "we highly recommend turning on SSL for the entire site".

Are there any plans to enable this soon?
Thanks

kiloran
Lemon Quarter

Re: Lemon Fool Financial Software - SSL cert with Weebly

Postby kiloran » May 28th, 2023, 2:42 pm

I've pondered this in the past but I was a bit wary about breaking the site and then forgot all about it.

I'll have another look and perhaps try it on a test site first. It will take my mind off yesterday's football :(

--kiloran

kiloran
Lemon Quarter

Postby kiloran » May 29th, 2023, 11:20 am

stacker512 wrote:Hi,

It's been bothering me for a while that the Lemon Fool Financial Software site on Weebly does not have SSL enabled.

Having that enabled would ensure that:
- users of the site are confident that the site content (HTML and JS, picture tracking etc) is not tampered with in-flight
- the spreadsheets being downloaded are not tampered in-flight or redirected to some other malicious site
- feel-good factor of knowing that they can trust the site

I'm not sure what hosting plan is being used, but the following page (https://cloud-developer.weebly.com/cl_gs_ssl.html) on Weebly says: "Any sites on the Starter plan or above have the ability to enable SSL." and also "we highly recommend turning on SSL for the entire site".

Are there any plans to enable this soon?
Thanks

I did some tests on another Weebly site and enabling SSL did not appear to cause any unexpected problems.

I've therefore enabled SSL on our Financial Software site: https://lemonfoolfinancialsoftware.weebly.com/

Fingers crossed :)

--kiloran

stacker512
2 Lemon pips

Postby stacker512 » May 31st, 2023, 10:41 am

Superb!

Thank you so much kiloran!

Return to “Financial Software - Discussion”