Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Wasron,jfgw,Rhyd6,eyeball08,Wondergirly, for Donating to support the site

New HYPTUSS versions 11.85 (Excel) and c-a (LibreOffice)

Discussions regarding financial software
kiloran
Lemon Quarter

New HYPTUSS versions 11.85 (Excel) and c-a (LibreOffice)

Postby kiloran » July 31st, 2023, 8:58 am

Following the problems due to the deletion of the Yahoo Finance API, new versions of HYPTUSS have been developed using a different source for share prices. The new versions of HYPTUSS are available at: https://lemonfoolfinancialsoftware.weeb ... op-up.html

1. Share price data now comes from https://shareprices.com/ instead of Yahoo
  2. Data is restricted to shares/bonds/gilts/ETFs on the London Stock Exchange
  3. The price retrieval process is a little slower. It initially gets prices for shares in the FTSE All-Share index, then fills in any gaps on a share-by-share basis
  4. The benchmarks in the Tracking sheet are now fixed at FTSE100 and FTSE All-Share
  5. Coincidently, LiveCharts have changed the format of their chart data and this is incompatible with HYPTUSS, so this option is no longer available. Charts are still available from Trustnet
  6. I have not yet updated the User Guide to reflect the changes

Many thanks to those who provided feedback on the test versions

--kiloran

seagles
Lemon Slice

Re: New HYPTUSS versions 11.85 (Excel) and c-a (LibreOffice)

Postby seagles » July 31st, 2023, 3:07 pm

Cheers Kiloran, have run my usual test scripts and everything seems fine. I have a couple of other tests to run but do not believe your "new" code have any affect on those areas.

Have now updated my current spreadsheet and that works, did find one slight anomally though. On my "old" spreadsheet in the company data sheet I had a blank line between my modified EPICs and the original list. When I copied this to the "new" spreadsheet the "prices" updated were only those I copied? Removing the blank line fixed it but it made me do a double take as no error messages for all the other shares.
Again a big thanks for your and IAAGs work.

Now back to "updating" 2 other spreadsheets I run for family members, they take longer as I have added additional tabs on those and some additional formatting. I have other spreadsheets that I use but they use "lookup" function to get data so no changes needed there.

kiloran
Lemon Quarter

Postby kiloran » July 31st, 2023, 3:40 pm

seagles wrote:Have now updated my current spreadsheet and that works, did find one slight anomally though. On my "old" spreadsheet in the company data sheet I had a blank line between my modified EPICs and the original list. When I copied this to the "new" spreadsheet the "prices" updated were only those I copied? Removing the blank line fixed it but it made me do a double take as no error messages for all the other shares.

Drat! I forgot about that little subtlety. I'll get it fixed

--kiloran

Dinick

Postby Dinick » August 2nd, 2023, 3:11 pm

Kiloran IAAG

Many thanks to both of you for fixing the magic again. Very much appreciated.

magsy12

Postby magsy12 » August 2nd, 2023, 5:49 pm

Help! I have just downloaded the 11.85 version.
I cannot open it because a message comes up to say 'This formula is missing a range reference or a defined name'
All I have done is downloaded it and pressed 'Add Share' That button was then surrounded by circles and lines (sorry don't know the technical term).
The main thing is I cannot close it down or delete it. Or use any of my own spreadsheets.

Any advice gratefully received.
Thanks.

magsy12

Postby magsy12 » August 2nd, 2023, 6:49 pm

I have shut it down by switching off the computer.

kiloran
Lemon Quarter

Postby kiloran » August 2nd, 2023, 7:45 pm

magsy12 wrote:Help! I have just downloaded the 11.85 version.
I cannot open it because a message comes up to say 'This formula is missing a range reference or a defined name'
All I have done is downloaded it and pressed 'Add Share' That button was then surrounded by circles and lines (sorry don't know the technical term).
The main thing is I cannot close it down or delete it. Or use any of my own spreadsheets.

Any advice gratefully received.
Thanks.

Sorry about your problem. Your comment "That button was then surrounded by circles and lines" suggests to me that your PC has detected the macros in HYPTUSS and disabled them for security reasons.
When you open HYPTUSS you probably get a message like this:
This can normally be resolved by adding the folder where you have saved HYPTUSS as a Trusted Location via the Trust Centre. On Excel 2016, this is FILE/OPTIONS/TRUST CENTRE.
Then close Excel and reopen HYPTUSS

Hope this helps

--kiloran

magsy12

Postby magsy12 » August 2nd, 2023, 10:09 pm

Thanks, Kiloran. I have done as you suggest but it has not resolved the problem which is exactly as your message shows.
I have also followed the instructions in Appendix 1 of the User Guide to no avail.
I think I must be misunderstanding. I am using Windows 11 and some of the screens do not match what I am supposed to see.
I will have to leave it now and I am travelling tomorrow. So will try again when I can
Thanks for all your help past and present.

Return to “Financial Software - Discussion”