Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Wasron,jfgw,Rhyd6,eyeball08,Wondergirly, for Donating to support the site

HYPTUSS - VBA to office script / js?

Discussions regarding financial software
Femi

HYPTUSS - VBA to office script / js?

Postby Femi » November 30th, 2023, 7:03 am

Hi

I wondered if there was any plan / intention to update the VBA scripts in HYPTUSS to Office Script / Office.js so that they will work in a web based version of excel?

Full disclosure, I’m not a programmer so only know of the above terms due to investigations I’ve undertaken after getting an error message in the online version of excel.

The error message is:
‘This version of Excel cannot run via macros’

The script I would love to work online is the one for the FT Funds page of HYPTUSS which is incredibly useful. Is anyone able to provide an office script ‘ office.js version of the script from that particular page?

Thanks in advance
Femi

Urbandreamer
Lemon Quarter

Re: HYPTUSS - VBA to office script / js?

Postby Urbandreamer » November 30th, 2023, 7:58 am

Femi wrote:Hi

I wondered if there was any plan / intention to update the VBA scripts in HYPTUSS to Office Script / Office.js so that they will work in a web based version of excel?

Full disclosure, I’m not a programmer so only know of the above terms due to investigations I’ve undertaken after getting an error message in the online version of excel.

The error message is:
‘This version of Excel cannot run via macros’

The script I would love to work online is the one for the FT Funds page of HYPTUSS which is incredibly useful. Is anyone able to provide an office script ‘ office.js version of the script from that particular page?

Thanks in advance
Femi

I believe that would require a programmer/maintainer interested in supporting "Office Script".
Are you volunteering? :D

Seriously though, have you considered installing LibreOffice in order to run HYPTUSS.
That's what I use.

Another alternative that I have investigated is building a macro in Google sheets to perform the ranking task. I did this when there was a problem with the Yahoo API, as the googlefincance function still worked. I succeeded, then abandoned the project as our wonderful HYPTUSS maintainers produced a solution.

BTW, what is it that runs Office.js for curiosity? I'm assuming it's based upon Java Script.

Femi

Postby Femi » November 30th, 2023, 8:16 am

Urbandreamer wrote:
I believe that would require a programmer/maintainer interested in supporting "Office Script".
Are you volunteering? :D

Seriously though, have you considered installing LibreOffice in order to run HYPTUSS.
That's what I use.

Another alternative that I have investigated is building a macro in Google sheets to perform the ranking task. I did this when there was a problem with the Yahoo API, as the googlefincance function still worked. I succeeded, then abandoned the project as our wonderful HYPTUSS maintainers produced a solution.

BTW, what is it that runs Office.js for curiosity? I'm assuming it's based upon Java Script.

If only I were a programmer :lol: I would gladly do so.

From what I have summised, yes .js is javascript and it runs in the MS Office suite of applications?

Regards
Femi

kiloran
Lemon Quarter

Postby kiloran » November 30th, 2023, 8:48 am

Femi wrote:Hi

Thanks in advance
Femi

Sorry, no plans for this. My aged brain has enough problems with Python and VBA, without delving into anything but the most basic javascript

--kiloran

Femi

Postby Femi » November 30th, 2023, 9:34 am

kiloran wrote:Sorry, no plans for this. My aged brain has enough problems with Python and VBA, without delving into anything but the most basic javascript

--kiloran

I bet - no worries, worth asking :) Thanks for all you do buddy

AJC5001
Lemon Slice

Postby AJC5001 » December 1st, 2023, 1:08 am

Femi wrote:
kiloran wrote:Sorry, no plans for this. My aged brain has enough problems with Python and VBA, without delving into anything but the most basic javascript

--kiloran

I bet - no worries, worth asking :) Thanks for all you do buddy

Sounds like a job for ChatGPT. Isn't it supposed to be good at programming?

Adrian

Return to “Financial Software - Discussion”