Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

HYPTUSS link error

Discussions regarding financial software
Raptor
Lemon Quarter

HYPTUSS link error

Postby Raptor » November 27th, 2017, 2:42 pm

Just been "tidying" up HYPTUSS 11.40 for my daughters HYP. GSK link to investors page doesn't work for the dividend calculator. It has changed to GBP version?

http://www.gsk.com/en-gb/investors/shar ... lator-gbp/

or us

http://www.gsk.com/en-gb/investors/shar ... lator-usd/

Raptor.

kiloran
Lemon Quarter

Re: HYPTUSS link error

Postby kiloran » November 27th, 2017, 4:08 pm

You are right, Raptor. I fear this may be an ongoing issue as companies redesign their web pages.... we are trying to hit a moving target.

You can correct this by changing cell B201 in the Digital Look Data Sheet to:

Code: Select all

http://www.gsk.com/en-gb/investors/shareholder-information/dividend-calculator-gbp/

Alternatively, I've updated the Digital Look Data Sheet at http://lemonfoolfinancialsoftware.weebl ... op-up.html

You can use this to replace the existing version.

Thanks for highlighting this
--kiloran

Raptor
Lemon Quarter

Postby Raptor » November 27th, 2017, 4:19 pm

Maybe better just to point to the investors page. That is usually static (famous last words).

Have updated my HYPTUSS and tested before posting here, do not want to give you any duff info.......... :lol:

Raptor,

granretire
2 Lemon pips

Postby granretire » November 27th, 2017, 5:04 pm

The data sheet still shows Shanks not Renewi
(Sorry to be picky)

kiloran
Lemon Quarter

Postby kiloran » November 27th, 2017, 7:33 pm

granretire wrote:The data sheet still shows Shanks not Renewi
(Sorry to be picky)

Not at all picky, granretire, but it would be helpful if you could give a little more detail to save me 10 minutes Googling, I'm not at all familiar with the company.
Is it just a name change, has the stock symbol changed? Market sector? Any other relevant info?

--kiloran

PinkDalek
Lemon Half

Postby PinkDalek » November 27th, 2017, 7:42 pm

kiloran wrote:
(Sorry to be picky)

Not at all picky, granretire, but it would be helpful if you could give a little more detail to save me 10 minutes Googling, I'm not at all familiar with the company.
Is it just a name change, has the stock symbol changed? Market sector? Any other relevant info?

--kiloran

Does this save you time?:

http://www.londonstockexchange.com/exch ... 42136.html

Further to the merger completion and re admission announcements earlier today, the Company is pleased to confirm that it has changed its name from Shanks Group plc to Renewi plc. The change will be reflected on the London Stock Exchange and trading will commence under the new trading instrument display mnemonic, "RWI", from 1 March 2017.

I only looked as I thought, initially, that no-one would call a company Renewi.

kiloran
Lemon Quarter

Postby kiloran » November 27th, 2017, 8:00 pm

PinkDalek wrote:
kiloran wrote:
(Sorry to be picky)

--kiloran

Does this save you time?:

http://www.londonstockexchange.com/exch ... 42136.html

Further to the merger completion and re admission announcements earlier today, the Company is pleased to confirm that it has changed its name from Shanks Group plc to Renewi plc. The change will be reflected on the London Stock Exchange and trading will commence under the new trading instrument display mnemonic, "RWI", from 1 March 2017.

I only looked as I thought, initially, that no-one would call a company Renewi.

Thanks, PD, that's the kind of stuff that helps a lot.

I've updated the Digital Look Data Sheet at: http://lemonfoolfinancialsoftware.weebl ... op-up.html

--kiloran

granretire
2 Lemon pips

Postby granretire » November 28th, 2017, 8:34 am

Sorry Kiloran - will try to be better next time ;) As the name change happened some time ago and what to do with the data sheet in this case was discussed on this board, I didn't think to elaborate. I really appreciate the work that you and Itsallaguess put into the useful piece of software.

LoongGoh

Postby LoongGoh » December 1st, 2017, 11:16 am

I'm a newbie in excel. Can't work out how to update the dividend data sheet. Can someone please kindly provide a link on how to do this please? Tried copying the text and pasting but doesn't work... :(

Thanks

David

kiloran
Lemon Quarter

Postby kiloran » December 1st, 2017, 11:21 am

LoongGoh wrote:I'm a newbie in excel. Can't work out how to update the dividend data sheet. Can someone please kindly provide a link on how to do this please? Tried copying the text and pasting but doesn't work... :(

Thanks

David

Hi David.
You don't make any manual changes to the Dividends sheet. Just click on the "Update Dividends" button, and it will automatically populate the sheet with shares from the "High Yield Portfolio" sheet and then find the latest dividend information from your selected dividend source.

--kiloran

LoongGoh

Postby LoongGoh » December 1st, 2017, 12:06 pm

I mean updating the Digital look sheet. I thought I'm supposed to copy the text from here http://lemonfoolfinancialsoftware.weebl ... _sheet.txt

and then paste it into Excel to update it?

I'm stuck with the Standard Life name change to SLA an thought this is the way to update it to reflect the name and epic change?

Thanks.

David

kiloran
Lemon Quarter

Postby kiloran » December 1st, 2017, 12:46 pm

LoongGoh wrote:I mean updating the Digital look sheet. I thought I'm supposed to copy the text from here http://lemonfoolfinancialsoftware.weebl ... _sheet.txt

and then paste it into Excel to update it?

I'm stuck with the Standard Life name change to SLA an thought this is the way to update it to reflect the name and epic change?

Thanks.

David

The Digital Look Data Sheet for version 11.4 already has SLA (in row 485). It also still has the data for SL. in the previous row, though this can probably now be deleted, it was left in during the transition from SL. to SLA.

If your portfolio in the "High Yield Portfolio" sheet still refers to SL. you need to change this yourself (easiest done by deleting and adding), the change is not automatic. I'm not sure if 1 share of SL. translates to 1 share of SLA or whether there was a split or consolidation, I'll leave that for you to check.

Hope this helps.

--kiloran

robbelg
Lemon Slice

Postby robbelg » December 1st, 2017, 1:05 pm

On the topic of SLA Digital Look seems to have a problem.
My HYPTUS (latest version) fails to return a dividend figure for it, and a direct enquiry on DL finds no data whatsoever!

Rob

Itsallaguess
Lemon Half

Postby Itsallaguess » December 1st, 2017, 1:11 pm

robbelg wrote:
On the topic of SLA Digital Look seems to have a problem.

My HYPTUS (latest version) fails to return a dividend figure for it, and a direct enquiry on DL finds no data whatsoever!

I don't own Standard Life, but I've just checked and there's a Digital Look page for it with Forecast Dividend information available -

http://tinyurl.com/ycoju8xz

Cheers,

Itsallaguess

kiloran
Lemon Quarter

Postby kiloran » December 1st, 2017, 1:22 pm

robbelg wrote:On the topic of SLA Digital Look seems to have a problem.

Rob

You are right, Rob, Digital Look does seem to have a problem with SLA right now. I know it used to work, so let's hope it is a temporary glitch SLA is shown on their list of FTSE100 companies, but clicking on the link leads to no data. This will not affect the reporting of dividends, only the Forecast Yield, Cover and P/E. Investorease and Dividend Data are correctly reporting SLA dividends, the ADVFN source does not currently have any dividend data for SLA.

--kiloran

robbelg
Lemon Slice

Postby robbelg » December 1st, 2017, 4:34 pm

Itsallaguess wrote:I don't own Standard Life, but I've just checked and there's a Digital Look page for it with Forecast Dividend information available -

Cheers,

Itsallaguess

Your link does indeed lead to the SLA data BUT i can't get to it any other way i.e starting from the DL home page !

Rob

Raptor
Lemon Quarter

Postby Raptor » December 1st, 2017, 5:14 pm

robbelg wrote:
Itsallaguess wrote:I don't own Standard Life, but I've just checked and there's a Digital Look page for it with Forecast Dividend information available -

Cheers,

Itsallaguess

Your link does indeed lead to the SLA data BUT i can't get to it any other way i.e starting from the DL home page !

Rob

You can manually enter the data into HYPTUSS. I have yield 5 cover 1.4 p/e 14.7

Raptor.

Arborbridge
The full Lemon

Postby Arborbridge » December 2nd, 2017, 10:16 am

I'm glad I am not the only one! I thought searching one the DL site would do it, but they've not linked it, as has been observed.
Well done for spotting that it's under standard life plc - hopefully these data are applicable to SLA.

I've pasted the link into my HYPTUSS DL data sheet so it comes up automatically now - that is, until DL catched up and changes it again!

Arb.

Arborbridge
The full Lemon

Postby Arborbridge » December 6th, 2017, 7:37 am

It seems the original problem has also inflicted itself on some other shares:

National Grid
Smith (DS)
Smith (WH)
WPP

I haven't, so far, been able to find alternative pages. DL search also seems to take an interminable time, but I think that is because DL is trying to find a page which does not exist, and then times out.

Thanks for any help - has anyone else found the same today?

Arb.

Arborbridge
The full Lemon

Postby Arborbridge » December 7th, 2017, 7:52 am

I notice this hasn't attracted any replies, but maybe this is because the problem seems to have gone away.

Running HYPTUSS just now, all those company pages mentioned in my post now linked successfully. DL must have been having a bad day rather than a permanent change.

Arb.

Return to “Financial Software - Discussion”