Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Anonymous,bruncher,niord,gvonge,Shelford, for Donating to support the site

Gold standard plonkers

A virtual pub for off topic, light hearted pub related banter and discussion. No trainers
bungeejumper
Lemon Half

Gold standard plonkers

Postby bungeejumper » June 29th, 2021, 3:52 pm

It just hasn't been Brewdog's month, has it? First they had to apologise for bullying their staff, and then they tried this one on their customers. I wonder whether they've got any house lawyers on the team at all?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-57650685

Plonkers. :D

BJ

dionaeamuscipula
Lemon Quarter

Re: Gold standard plonkers

Postby dionaeamuscipula » June 29th, 2021, 4:38 pm

bungeejumper wrote:It just hasn't been Brewdog's month, has it? First they had to apologise for bullying their staff, and then they tried this one on their customers. I wonder whether they've got any house lawyers on the team at all?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-57650685

Plonkers. :D

BJ

They have always been more of a marketing outfit than a brewery, and the whole "equity for punks" thing made me feel a bit ikky.

I've always thought the business stank and that may have had some influence on my feelings about their products. I'm sure they love me too.

DM

Padders72
Lemon Slice

Re: Gold standard plonkers

Postby Padders72 » June 29th, 2021, 4:42 pm

I bought about £250 worth on one of the earlier EFP rounds and happily dumped half for about a grand not so long ago. There is a whiff of hype about the whole outfit, the beer is OK and they were early to market with mainstream craft beer (if you believe in such a thing) but their funding does rather smack of a pyramid scheme. I'll hold my other half in case there ever is a proper IPO or buyout.

Return to “Beerpig's Snug”