Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Anonymous,bruncher,niord,gvonge,Shelford, for Donating to support the site

New Word

A virtual pub for off topic, light hearted pub related banter and discussion. No trainers
DiamondEcho
Lemon Quarter

Re: New Word

Postby DiamondEcho » December 9th, 2016, 12:35 pm

redsturgeon wrote:Belgo Nord in Chalk Fram Road, London has had unisex facilities for at least 20 years with no problems,
The French have that system where the urinals are outside the cubicles which are unisex and it seems to work OK.

As do the Japanese, or at least they did when I worked in Tokyo in the mid 90s. I can tell you it's hard to keep your concentration when 'that beautiful girl' you've been privately drooling over for months walks in and passes behind you!

I recall another quirk there. At 5pm each day a musical theme was played over the PA that covers the entire building. Heaven's knows why, maybe it was the 'company tune', but in our building owned by Mitsui Corp it was a tune that a Brit would know from the 1980s [?] series of TV ads for Hovis bread. All 'Aye, when I were just a lad' and visuals of war-era children riding bicycles along cobbled lanes etc.

And I recall one time I was very home-sick, and standing at a urinal, and that theme came on. I was in there alone at the time, and was suddenly hit with an instant and large wave of nostalgia. I was standing there and fighting back alternating tears and laughter when a female colleague walked in. God only knows what she must have thought! :)

redsturgeon
Lemon Half

Postby redsturgeon » December 9th, 2016, 12:44 pm

I can tell you it's hard to keep your concentration when 'that beautiful girl' you've been privately drooling over for months walks in and passes behind you!

Spot the typo?

John

coleyfish
Lemon Pip

Postby coleyfish » December 9th, 2016, 1:08 pm

Rhyd6 wrote:Being able to whip out your todger and go for a pee in a convenient but discreet manner is the one and only thing I've ever envied about the male sex. Halfway up a mountain with no bulky cover in sight and desparate to spend a penny is not a predicament to be welcomed.

R6

The only thing?

Leaving that to one side, one thing I've often wondered about is why it seems to be more OK for a woman to wander into a bloke's loo when the chances are there'll be blokes with their todgers out, whereas a bloke going into a woman's loo is a real no-no when the chances are all you'll get is a few women applying make-up on - any embarrassing scenes being hidden behind another separate closed door.

Why is that?

Coleyfish

redsturgeon
Lemon Half

Postby redsturgeon » December 9th, 2016, 1:23 pm

Leaving that to one side, one thing I've often wondered about is why it seems to be more OK for a woman to wander into a bloke's loo when the chances are there'll be blokes with their todgers out, whereas a bloke going into a woman's loo is a real no-no when the chances are all you'll get is a few women applying make-up on - any embarrassing scenes being hidden behind another separate closed door.

Why is that?

Coleyfish

Hmmm, the only time I can remember going into the "Ladies" was when the pub I had known for several years, for some strange reason had decided to swap around the toilets when they did a refurb. The first time I went in I just opened the outer door to the lobby outside the loos and as usual turned right and spent a confusing few seconds looking for the urinals. It was only when the door opened and a woman walked in that I understood what had happened.

On a slightly different tack, how many others here have had to spend some time trying to work out from the "amusing and whimsical" pictures of dogs* or whatever, which door to enter for a pee.

John

Can you tell the difference between a pointer and a setter?

DiamondEcho
Lemon Quarter

Postby DiamondEcho » December 9th, 2016, 2:12 pm

redsturgeon wrote:Spot the typo?

Lol, you could erect a joke out of any situation ;)

RowdyReptile
Lemon Slice

Postby RowdyReptile » December 9th, 2016, 9:40 pm

Sussexlad wrote:[

The problem with that is, that apparently for a growing number of people, the presence or absence of said equipment does not define their gender so using a particular toilet then becomes a matter of personal choice. In those circumstances segregation is meaningless and you either go for individual facilities or the cheaper option of a communal space !

Well, sure, and to be honest and serious for a moment, I really am not exercised about this issue. I think the way to go would be simply have the single occupancy toilets and be done with it. It will be a great day when we figure out how to go to the can without offending anyone, or causing some an obviously devastating psychological trauma. 21st century problems I guess.

RR

Return to “Beerpig's Snug”