Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

3D Art

A virtual pub for off topic, light hearted pub related banter and discussion. No trainers
Itsallaguess
Lemon Half

3D Art

Postby Itsallaguess » February 17th, 2018, 6:03 am

For anyone with an interest in art, there's a great website that displays many of the classic sculptures in 3D form within your browser, and it really is quite stunning to see how well they are rendered.

Some great examples -

Apollo and Daphne - https://sketchfab.com/models/28f019be2e ... c7ca5be008

Classic Sculptures - https://sketchfab.com/alexdubnoff/colle ... -sculpture

Be aware that the initial form on loading is not the final elements, and the real detail is loaded after the initial page is displayed. The detailed rendering is seen to continue loading from the blue progress bar at the top of the individual rendering windows.

Also, double-clicking on a point inside the rendering window will allow the rotational axis to be repositioned, which helps with the viewing of the objects, especially when combined with the mouse scroll-wheel when zooming in and out.

Lots in there to search from, if anyone is interested in anything in particular, and lots of non-art renderings too. It's amazing what people can come up with nowadays with simple to use tools.

Blogs are available that explain the processes behind some of the examples - https://blog.sketchfab.com/single-camer ... am-spring/

A great use of modern technology...

Cheers,

Itsallaguess

maximan
2 Lemon pips

Re: 3D Art

Postby maximan » February 17th, 2018, 7:25 am

What a fantastic site itsallaguess i've joined up.

I hope you realise you'll be responsible for me spending even more time on line :D :D :D

Clitheroekid
Lemon Quarter

Postby Clitheroekid » February 20th, 2018, 9:51 pm

I'm getting an annoying message saying "For compatibility reasons 3D is not available."

I'm using Chrome, which it appears should be compatible, so any ideas what's causing this?

vrdiver
Lemon Quarter

Postby vrdiver » February 21st, 2018, 2:13 am

Clitheroekid wrote:I'm getting an annoying message saying "For compatibility reasons 3D is not available."

I'm using Chrome, which it appears should be compatible, so any ideas what's causing this?

Just an idle thought, but have you got a load of chrome extensions enabled? (Click on the three vertical dots in the top right hand corner, then "more tools" then "extensions") One or more of these may be interfering (just a guess - I just looked at the site with chrome on W10 and it worked fine).

VRD

Return to “Beerpig's Snug”