Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Wasron,jfgw,Rhyd6,eyeball08,Wondergirly, for Donating to support the site

Faux Pas...

A virtual pub for off topic, light hearted pub related banter and discussion. No trainers
Beerpig
Lemon Slice

Faux Pas...

Postby Beerpig » March 11th, 2018, 8:53 am

I attended a funeral last week.
It was at the crematorium.
The deceased was carried into the chapel to 'Smoke get's in your eyes' by The Platters.
I kid you not.
I don't think they realised.

bungeejumper
Lemon Half

Re: Faux Pas...

Postby bungeejumper » March 11th, 2018, 9:49 am

Like it, BP. Oooh dear, I wouldn't have liked to be the grieving relatives who put that track on the agenda. Although you'd have thought that the funeral director or the duty minister in charge of the proceedings would have raised an "are you sure?" eyebrow when it was first suggested?

On another topic entirely, one of my relatives got an awkward sort of apology from her workmates after she gave birth to her first-born. You know how you're always trying to think of something witty to say, but you're in too much of a hurry to reflect on your precise choice of words?

This was such a moment. With their minds focused on the swelling bump that they'd been watching in the office for the last several months, what could have been more natural than to send the e-card with a message that said "Congratulations, Sarah! We always knew you had it in you!"

By the time the card arrived, they'd had ample time to reflect on the dodgy double meaning. ;)

BJ

Return to “Beerpig's Snug”