Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Wasron,jfgw,Rhyd6,eyeball08,Wondergirly, for Donating to support the site

Coleyfish

A virtual pub for off topic, light hearted pub related banter and discussion. No trainers
Coleywife

Coleyfish

Postby Coleywife » April 8th, 2018, 4:04 pm

Hi, This is Ian’s wife and I have registered on this forum to be able to thank you for the kind remarks I read about him. I knew he was on a forum, was not sure what it was but found a thread and was able to read all your lovely comments.
Don’t suppose I will stay long on this forum as I don’t think I have much to contribute.
It was lovely reading your posts about him - thank you very much.
And just to clarify - he did indeed iron my knickers! Not that I asked him to but once he got going he would iron everything in the basket, especially if he was watching sport on TV. His spelling was excellent - his typing rather less so :).
Thank you all again!
Coleywife

Beerpig
Lemon Slice

Re: Coleyfish

Postby Beerpig » April 8th, 2018, 7:35 pm

Hello Coleywife

Thank you so much for taking the time and trouble to log in here.
Coleyfish was a well liked and respected, vibrant witty contributor to these boards and we all miss him.

Many condolences on your sad loss

BP

PS I do hope you'll continue to drop in, you are among friends here and I'm sure you have plenty to contribute.

Leothebear
Lemon Quarter

Postby Leothebear » April 9th, 2018, 10:43 am

Hi Coleywife,

Thanks for taking the trouble to post. We all second Beerpig's comments.

Don’t suppose I will stay long on this forum as I don’t think I have much to contribute.

Nor do most of us! Doesn't stop us though.

Best regards

LeoTheBear

brightncheerful
Lemon Quarter

Postby brightncheerful » April 9th, 2018, 11:01 am

Dear Coleywife

Thank you for telling me about Coleyfish. I don't frequent TLF as often as TMF so had it not been for your kind thought, I might not have become aware of his passing. :(

I can't say Coleyfish and myself were the best of 'anonymous friends'. I recall a spate concerning differences in opinion about the merits of our respective occupations. Generally, his style on-line came across to me as a bit too serious for my liking.

I only heard about the knickers ironing after it had done a round or more on the forum(s). I remember wondering whether I should be supportive by stating that I also iron my wife's knickers, her socks and handkerchiefs too, not to mention her sweaters, t-shirts, trousers. I thought better of it. Coleyfish's personality was strong enough to deal with any cryptic comment.

I daresay Ian will be remembered amongst other things for his photography and exciting cookery. I shall remember Coleyfish as one of the many Fools that I would like to have met: regardless of differences on-line, in life we probably would've got on really well.

63 is no age, particularly for a sociable individual.

I wish you and your family long life.

Bnc

Rhyd6
Lemon Quarter

Postby Rhyd6 » April 9th, 2018, 3:26 pm

I too enjoyed Ian's posts, but try as I might my OH refuses to do any ironing fullstop. Still he does do all the cooking so I am very fortunate. Colyfish was always interesting, sometimes pedantic, often annoying but never, ever boring. Please drop in now and again you will be made very welcome.

R6

Return to “Beerpig's Snug”