Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to GrahamPlatt,gpadsa,Steffers0,lansdown,Wasron, for Donating to support the site

Hello

A virtual pub for off topic, light hearted pub related banter and discussion. No trainers
mgmidget1500

Hello

Postby mgmidget1500 » April 11th, 2018, 9:27 pm

Well it seems the last time I'd visited TLF was in 2016 at the time TMF boards closed. Don't know why I visited today, but was surprised and saddened to read that Coley is no longer with us. It is amazing how time flies.

MG

mgmidget1500

Re: Hello

Postby mgmidget1500 » April 27th, 2020, 8:32 pm

Well another two years, and decided to pop my head in again.

I do hope all are keeping safe and well

MG

redsturgeon
Lemon Half

Postby redsturgeon » April 28th, 2020, 9:16 am

mgmidget1500 wrote:Well another two years, and decided to pop my head in again.

MG

You are rather like one of those comets than returns every few years. Hope you are well yourself and look forward to your next visit in 2022.

This reminds me of a 50th birthday party I went to of one on my old school friends I had not seen since we were both 18. Nice chap but not one of my closest friends. We were a little shocked that 32 years had past so quickly and speculated if we should plan our next meeting when he was 82. Seemed a silly comment at the time but now, 14 years later I think perhaps we should do it.

John

stevensfo
Lemon Quarter

Postby stevensfo » April 28th, 2020, 11:43 am

redsturgeon wrote:

MG

You are rather like one of those comets than returns every few years. Hope you are well yourself and look forward to your next visit in 2022.

This reminds me of a 50th birthday party I went to of one on my old school friends I had not seen since we were both 18. Nice chap but not one of my closest friends. We were a little shocked that 32 years had past so quickly and speculated if we should plan our next meeting when he was 82. Seemed a silly comment at the time but now, 14 years later I think perhaps we should do it.

John

The internet has made this so much more possible. When 'Friends Reunited' was around, I checked out my very first Primary school and had a few email exchanges with the girl I had to sit next to when I was about 6-8, before I left. We remembered each other very well. :-) Via Facebook, I've discovered people I haven't seen for 30-40 years. A lot of people who were regarded as very clever at school ended in dead-end jobs, and vice-versa. The son of our village postman became Head of science at an Agricultural college, and a girl who was supposed to be a doctor ended up working in Boots and fired after a few years. My best friend till about 12 was seen as very bright and moved to another school. He dreamed of being a vet or working with animals. Failed everything, left school, worked as a DJ, office worker in a Dairy firm, then became some kind of hospital Carer.
I'm amazed at how the memory plays tricks with time. So much seems like it was yesterday. There's not many people I could recognise now. Maybe if we all lose weight, shave, then meet up in a pub with our old school uniforms on? At least we could chat while helping the police with their enquiries. :-)

Steve

redsturgeon
Lemon Half

Postby redsturgeon » April 28th, 2020, 11:46 am

stevensfo wrote:
redsturgeon wrote:

MG

John

,..then meet up in a pub :-)

Steve

that all seems so pre March 2020 :(

John

Return to “Beerpig's Snug”