Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Rhyd6,eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77, for Donating to support the site

edie and the screenmachine

A virtual pub for off topic, light hearted pub related banter and discussion. No trainers
scotia
Lemon Quarter

edie and the screenmachine

Postby scotia » May 19th, 2018, 10:48 pm

The film Edie starring Sheila Hancock in Lochinver and climbing Suilven goes on general release on the 25th. However the ScreenMachine (a portable cinema) arrived yesterday in Lochinver, with showings yesterday, today and tomorrow. We were there at a full house this evening - magic. And after the show as we strolled through the village, we were accompanied by the customary red deer.
The ScreenMachine travels like a normal articulated lorry, but when onsite it expands sideways to accommodate 2-4-2 abreast seating.

Itsallaguess
Lemon Half

Re: edie and the screenmachine

Postby Itsallaguess » May 20th, 2018, 6:43 am

scotia wrote:
The ScreenMachine travels like a normal articulated lorry, but when on-site it expands sideways to accommodate 2-4-2 abreast seating.

What a fantastic idea!

As a huge film-fan, I think this is a brilliant way to give cinema-access to remote rural areas, especially with the up-to-date film-catalogue that it's carrying.

I'd not heard of the ScreenMachine before, but for anyone interested, here's a short video showing how it changes from an articulated lorry into a great-looking mobile cinema -

https://vimeo.com/29730727

It looks superb - and for the record, it looks much more comfortable than some of the fixed cinemas I've been in recently!

For anyone in Scotland, here's the ScreenMachine website, which lists the large number of Scottish locations it'll be travelling to over the coming months -

https://www.screenmachine.co.uk/

Very interesting, thanks!

Cheers,

Itsallaguess

Return to “Beerpig's Snug”