Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Rhyd6,eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77, for Donating to support the site

Your latest train journey

A virtual pub for off topic, light hearted pub related banter and discussion. No trainers
Howard
Lemon Quarter

Re: Your latest train journey

Postby Howard » June 21st, 2018, 12:01 pm

I made my trip from Winchester to Yorkshire on Tuesday (see post above) and, apart from a little anxiety about getting to Kings Cross on time because the SW train was delayed getting into Waterloo, everything went well.

The Virgin Train service was excellent. Quiet and fast and the lunch was pleasant. In fact it was an electric locomotive, not a 125 diesel.

And no over-familiarity from the friendly catering staff!

regards

Howard

melonfool
Lemon Quarter

Postby melonfool » June 21st, 2018, 1:21 pm

I read that about half an hour ago.

It's so bad. Every morning train has been at least 10 mins late in, my train home last night was over half an hour late, we're not given any reason, nor any expectation of a delay or how long it will be - the boards just show the original due times then they throw in a ton more stops (due to having cancelled earlier trains) and the driver makes no announcement.

This then leads to chaos in the car park as everyone phones their wives when we leave Sandy (which we are not even supposed to stop at) so they are just arriving as we're all heading to our cars - the car park is very badly designed anyway and people waiting for passengers just block the exit so all the cars trying to leave have to queue behind them, but now we also have the cars coming IN while we're trying to get out and get round those that have parked up.

:(

Mel

AleisterCrowley
Lemon Half

Postby AleisterCrowley » June 21st, 2018, 1:40 pm

You'll have to get yourself a pied-à-terre in London for weeknights!
Or a tent on Hampstead Heath.

Return to “Beerpig's Snug”