Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Wasron,jfgw,Rhyd6,eyeball08,Wondergirly, for Donating to support the site

Superstition

A virtual pub for off topic, light hearted pub related banter and discussion. No trainers
brightncheerful
Lemon Quarter

Superstition

Postby brightncheerful » July 10th, 2018, 6:58 pm

"There is a belief that if a bird poops on you you may receive good luck and riches. The more birds involved, the richer you'll be! So next time a bird poops on you, remember that it's a good thing. "

Mrs Bnc isn't impressed. The other day while In France for half a day, a seagull pooped on her sun-hat and jacket, spraying onto her face. We cleaned the hat and jacket as best we could and Mrs Bnc around her eye. Next day, at the hotel not in France her eye began to water so Mrs Bnc bathed it in water and the following day bought some optrex and has been using it regularly ever since. Eye still watering she went to the doctor today, diagnosing a form of conjunctivitis. Medication for the next 3 weeks.

As for good luck and riches, so far Mrs BnC's luck upon returning home from holiday drinking some water out of a glass she'd put on the kitchen sink draining board, forgetting that the glass also contained washing up liquid. My suggestion she sings "I'm forever blowing bubbles" fell on deaf ears. That and our TV packed up last week, necessitating getting on for a grand out of our diminishing reserves.

23 days to the premium bonds.

Imbiber
Lemon Slice

Re: Superstition

Postby Imbiber » July 10th, 2018, 7:29 pm

1K :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

bungeejumper
Lemon Half

Re: Superstition

Postby bungeejumper » July 10th, 2018, 7:57 pm

Reminds me of the very lucky occasion when I was walking down the street carrying my best suit, which had just been dry cleaned. And a passing seagull took aim and crapped all over it.

The lucky thing? The suit was still in its plastic bag. Nice try, seagull, but you win some, you lose some. :lol:

BJ

Return to “Beerpig's Snug”