Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva, for Donating to support the site

Copper coins

A virtual pub for off topic, light hearted pub related banter and discussion. No trainers
vrdiver
Lemon Quarter

Re: Copper coins

Postby vrdiver » September 17th, 2018, 2:43 pm

I have a small container into which any coins I have go in. It then gets raided regularly for small amounts of cash e.g. £4 for a share of a badminton court, or exact change to buy a pint of milk. I just checked, and the container is currently empty, which pleases me. Having coins accumulate is a PITA as once they've got to a significant sum, they need sorting and counting and carting off to wherever.

By spending the coins as they arrive, I'm not spending in my current account or credit card, which means I don't need to pull that extra cash through from savings. In effect, my real "coin jar" is my bank savings account; a better place for loose change than my desk!

I do like the illusion of "bonus money", but prefer the real (pitiful) interest earned - should cover a pint of milk every five or six years ;)

VRD

Return to “Beerpig's Snug”