Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Wasron,jfgw,Rhyd6,eyeball08,Wondergirly, for Donating to support the site

Engerland v Croatia

A virtual pub for off topic, light hearted pub related banter and discussion. No trainers
nimnarb
Lemon Quarter

Engerland v Croatia

Postby nimnarb » November 18th, 2018, 6:55 pm

Hope eternal? Slight compensation for the WC saved by CC again. I Like Southgate and that's a good start.

nimnarb
Lemon Quarter

Re: Engerland v Croatia

Postby nimnarb » November 18th, 2018, 7:58 pm

Apologies..........CC= Captain Kane..shame I don't know my C's from my K's

Meatyfool
Lemon Slice

Postby Meatyfool » November 18th, 2018, 8:23 pm

nimnarb wrote:Apologies..........CC= Captain Kane..shame I don't know my C's from my K's

Steady, there’s only one CK on this site!

Meatyfool..

EssDeeAitch
Lemon Slice

Postby EssDeeAitch » November 19th, 2018, 4:33 am

nimnarb wrote:Hope eternal? Slight compensation for the WC saved by CC again. I Like Southgate and that's a good start.

Don't you mean Ingerlund?

Howyoudoin
Lemon Quarter

Postby Howyoudoin » November 19th, 2018, 11:14 am

nimnarb wrote:Hope eternal? Slight compensation for the WC saved by CC again. I Like Southgate and that's a good start.

Can't get my head around this new Nations League cup thing at all. Thought it was supposed to do away with friendlies? As far as I can see, there are just as many as before.

And why have we progressed to the Semi-Finals while other league winners haven't?

Did have a chuckle at the fact though that it was Croatia who did us a favour last week of beating Spain, which ultimately meant that we progress and they got relegated*.

:)

HYD

* If indeed this is what happened - can't get my head around this new Nations League cup thing at all

dionaeamuscipula
Lemon Quarter

Postby dionaeamuscipula » November 19th, 2018, 12:15 pm

Howyoudoin wrote:

Can't get my head around this new Nations League cup thing at all. Thought it was supposed to do away with friendlies? As far as I can see, there are just as many as before.

And why have we progressed to the Semi-Finals while other league winners haven't?

Did have a chuckle at the fact though that it was Croatia who did us a favour last week of beating Spain, which ultimately meant that we progress and they got relegated*.

:)

HYD

* If indeed this is what happened - can't get my head around this new Nations League cup thing at all

Quite a good explanation here:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46154317

In short the four group winners from the top league go through to the final.

It is reducing but not eliminating friendlies, because the groups are three strong, so every team has a free date each window.

DM

Return to “Beerpig's Snug”