Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Wasron,jfgw,Rhyd6,eyeball08,Wondergirly, for Donating to support the site

The rocket to win his 19th title?

A virtual pub for off topic, light hearted pub related banter and discussion. No trainers
nimnarb
Lemon Quarter

The rocket to win his 19th title?

Postby nimnarb » December 9th, 2018, 1:11 am

Any Snooker fans out there? UK Finals. Sunday 1pm and 7pm. Trying to win his 7th UK title and overtake Hendry.

ReformedCharacter
Lemon Quarter

Re: The rocket to win his 19th title?

Postby ReformedCharacter » December 9th, 2018, 11:12 am

nimnarb wrote:Any Snooker fans out there? UK Finals. Sunday 1pm and 7pm. Trying to win his 7th UK title and overtake Hendry.

I don't watch much snooker or any other sport but am always happy to watch Ronnie O'Sullivan. His talent is extraordinary.

RC

nimnarb
Lemon Quarter

Postby nimnarb » December 9th, 2018, 10:33 pm

Is it too late for Ronnie to get nominated for Sports Personality of the year award next week if so what odds?.............18 overall Titles..7 UK titles. Goes down in history alongside Nicklaus, and Phil Taylor in Darts. The man is a legend and the best there has ever been. I know its(only) Snooker and the prize money they give out is pathetic but in its own way its just as absorbing as other sports, complex, technically unique, exciting................bloody marvelous. Yes I like Snooker and been watching it since the early days of(Dracula) Ray Reardon and company................It's like playing chess but with Balls, always thinking 4-5 moves ahead but still being in the right position at the same time :lol:

nimnarb
Lemon Quarter

Postby nimnarb » December 9th, 2018, 10:49 pm

My mistake......its 19 World, UK and Masters trophies. Plus now won 27 out of his 28 matches since 2014. Oh and he has 986 century breaks, 14 short of 1000!! Some going.

Ashfordian
Lemon Slice

Postby Ashfordian » December 11th, 2018, 7:31 pm

nimnarb wrote:Is it too late for Ronnie to get nominated for Sports Personality of the year award next week if so what odds?.............18 overall Titles..7 UK titles. Goes down in history alongside Nicklaus, and Phil Taylor in Darts. The man is a legend and the best there has ever been. I know its(only) Snooker and the prize money they give out is pathetic but in its own way its just as absorbing as other sports, complex, technically unique, exciting................bloody marvelous. Yes I like Snooker and been watching it since the early days of(Dracula) Ray Reardon and company................It's like playing chess but with Balls, always thinking 4-5 moves ahead but still being in the right position at the same time :lol:

You only really appreciate how good the snooker pros are if you have ever played the game. It's hard! And O'Sullivan is then a level above his fellow pros. If he had the mental stability of Hendry or Davis he would have double the number of titles. He is the best player ever to hold a queue, and he's not bad left handed either, possibly profession level.

He deserves a SPOTY nomination but to win it he would need the triple crown in the calendar year? Also there are some very deserving names in the hunt this year.

scotia
Lemon Quarter

Postby scotia » December 12th, 2018, 9:16 pm

Ashfordian wrote:[ He is the best player ever to hold a queue

I haven't seen him holding a queue, but he's not bad with a cue.
OK - I'm off back to Pedants' Place

Return to “Beerpig's Snug”