Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Wasron,jfgw,Rhyd6,eyeball08,Wondergirly, for Donating to support the site

Whatever

A virtual pub for off topic, light hearted pub related banter and discussion. No trainers
brightncheerful
Lemon Quarter

Whatever

Postby brightncheerful » December 17th, 2018, 4:00 pm

Week 5 of Mrs Bnc recuperation from op. Bnc way beyond end of tether but continuing to be stress-free. (A combination of decades of eating healthily and psychological know-how for maintaining mental well-being) Before reaching end of tether, something had to give. So I've given up my spare time.)

As well as being our first Christmas together without a Christmas tree, we are not sending Christmas cards this year. Takes the pressure off. Instead, we are sending New Year cards. By which time I might have written my 100-pages of round robin. Or not. After all, I've Mrs Bnc's Christmas presents to me to wrap, mine for her too, Christmas lunch to prepare and cook, Christmas food shopping to do, etc, etc.

As usual, i've enjoyed contributing to TLF, in particular BS and Laughing Lemons, thank you having me.

Wishing you all a Merry Christmas and a Happy and Healthy New Year.

Bnc and Mrs Bnc

ps - I've worked out why some people get offended. It's all the rage! When you believe in something, your attitude revolves around that belief and gradually you become set in your ways. When someone says or does something that challenges your belief system, rather than be open to the possibility that your beliefs are misplaced or wrong or you could learn from the experience, it is easier to go on the offensive and defend yourself from a non-existent attack. Personally, I find the best way to deal with people who get offended is to write them off.

o/b joke:
An Englishman, a Scotsman and an Irishman walk into a bar.
The Englishman wanted to go so they all had to leave.

Skotch
Lemon Pip

Re: Whatever

Postby Skotch » December 17th, 2018, 4:38 pm

...and to you too! Hope 2019 proves to be a better year for you both

Rhyd6
Lemon Quarter

Re: Whatever

Postby Rhyd6 » December 17th, 2018, 5:29 pm

I've just walked back into the house after going outside to have a good scream. OH has been updating my computer after I'd told him on no account to touch the damn thing until after Christmas and New Year is over and done with. Scream did not work, shall have a drink instead.
Commiserations to you Bnc, hope that your Christmas manages to prove stress free and that Mrs. Bnc makes a full and problem free recovery.

Take care

Wishing you a Happy Christmas and may 2019 bring an end to your problems.

R6

Return to “Beerpig's Snug”