Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Anonymous,bruncher,niord,gvonge,Shelford, for Donating to support the site

Hello Everyone

A virtual pub for off topic, light hearted pub related banter and discussion. No trainers
wheypat
Lemon Slice

Hello Everyone

Postby wheypat » November 7th, 2016, 10:46 am

This is like moving from a much favoured boozer to a new one, as the old, much loved pub has been closed for refurbishment. You don't want the place to change, as you like it as it is. But you have no choice.

And I am so glad that we have a new refurbished place to hang out in. Over the years the Fool has made me richer and wiser. The contributors have made me laugh (and occasionally cry). I spent more time on that site than any other on the web. I have seen things from different points of view that I would never have considered before. I can post things here/there that I couldn't on facebook (I try to stay off politics etc. as in real life).

Although I don't think I've ever met another fool in the flesh, a great many of you have become friends - I look forward to talking with you, listening to your view and opinions and I welcome the time I have spent with you all.

Roll on lemonfool!

DiamondEcho
Lemon Quarter

Re: Hello Everyone

Postby DiamondEcho » November 7th, 2016, 4:32 pm

Yep, it's like your local pub being bought out and turned into a wine bar etc.
Usually your 'local' crowd fragment and never get recreated elsewhere. I think the organisers here are doing a great job at rebuilding this 'pub'.

JustLetOneOff

Postby JustLetOneOff » November 7th, 2016, 8:56 pm

They have done an amazing job. I think it is important for people to make an effort to post in the first couple of weeks. More content will encourage others to post and we need to build momentum so that this site doesn't stall and fail. The Fool site meant so much to me. It's great to see so many ppl move over here.

bungeejumper
Lemon Half

Postby bungeejumper » November 8th, 2016, 2:53 pm

Just arrived, so hi, all! Would just like to add to the congratulations that others have already given to Clariman and Stooz for all the work that's gone into this website. I've done some forum hosting (and moderating), and believe me, it takes a lot of work to make them work as well as this...

So farewell, then, <i> and </u>, and :- ) and :-0 as well. I can't say I'll be crying salt tears for your loss. Hello orange and blue and sky blue pink..

And my god, there's an edit button as well! This is history in the making. (Or unmaking, if you can see it that way. :lol: )

Did I have any hesitation in signing up for Lemonfool? Just a very slight twinge that said to me, "hey, you've probably spent a whole year of your life on the Fool forum since 2001. Maybe you ought to give it a rest and do something with your life that doesn't involve exchanging small talk? Maybe the ending of the Fool UK boards is just the inflection point that you've needed all these years?"

To which back came the answer: "What is this small talk of which you speak?" Hell, some things are more important than being serious.

To which, in turn, I have nothing to add. So I'll shut up now and say hi. Which is an odd thing to do when you're ending a post rather than starting one, but whoopeedoo. Happy days are here again.

BJ

Return to “Beerpig's Snug”