Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva, for Donating to support the site

IKEA's Choice of Names

A virtual pub for off topic, light hearted pub related banter and discussion. No trainers
scotia
Lemon Quarter

IKEA's Choice of Names

Postby scotia » January 12th, 2019, 9:04 pm

I was off with my wife to IKEA today - do I hear groans of sympathy?
Anyway I spotted a Doormat named Borris - and I was severely tempted. Just in case PinkDalek doesn't know who Borris is, as an engineer I would say that the name was near enough for all practical purposes.
Which reminds me about the old joke often told by engineers about mathematicians. I'll let the mathematicians work out what it could be, but it involves a naked lady and an infinite number series - with the engineer getting close enough for all practical purposes while the mathematician doesn't bother to get off the start line because he knows that the series is infinite.
Having now insulted PinkDalek, all lady members, and the mathematicians currently wrangling over countable infinite and uncountable infinite numbers down in Games, Puzzles and Riddles, I had better get back to more productive work - preparing for the first work party of the season on the loch tomorrow morning.

PinkDalek
Lemon Half

Re: IKEA's Choice of Names

Postby PinkDalek » January 12th, 2019, 9:50 pm

Borris is a place in County Tipperary.

What is this IKEA of which you speak?

UncleEbenezer
The full Lemon

Re: IKEA's Choice of Names

Postby UncleEbenezer » January 12th, 2019, 10:49 pm

scotia wrote:Anyway I spotted a Doormat named Borris - and I was severely tempted. Just in case PinkDalek doesn't know who Borris is, as an engineer I would say that the name was near enough for all practical purposes.

Well, if it's Godunov for Borris ...
Having now insulted PinkDalek, all lady members, and the mathematicians currently wrangling over countable infinite and uncountable infinite numbers down in Games, Puzzles and Riddles, I had better get back to more productive work - preparing for the first work party of the season on the loch tomorrow morning.

Sorry Jock, this problem is countable, nothing to blow the mind or to exercise those of us in the thread to which you refer. :P

Return to “Beerpig's Snug”