Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

I can't get into work

A virtual pub for off topic, light hearted pub related banter and discussion. No trainers
jfgw
Lemon Quarter

Re: I can't get into work

Postby jfgw » February 2nd, 2019, 11:57 am

Looking more closely, the lady in front is wearing a sash and a pink badge. I can't see what either of them say though.

Julian F. G. W.

melonfool
Lemon Quarter

Postby melonfool » February 2nd, 2019, 1:01 pm

I think the sash says someting 'girl'. It's too lame dress-wise to be hens, they'd all be wearing deely boppers and the hen would have a sash, veil, L plate etc. Possibly birthday girl?

Mel

AleisterCrowley
Lemon Half

Postby AleisterCrowley » February 2nd, 2019, 7:52 pm

My team are a bit spread out - boss central Bucks, others south London and Lancashire... I am 15 minutes walk from office just west of Reading. Guess who gets to do the difficult face to face stuff..

AndyPandy
Lemon Slice

Postby AndyPandy » February 3rd, 2019, 2:39 pm

Wind back 40 years and my father was taking me and my sister to our respective schools in the snow. Normally a 30-40 minute drive, but today we were crawling along in the all but stationary traffic.

Radio Bristol was doing its bit updating everyone on the road and school closures and, in due course, my headmaster contacted the Station to confirm mine was closed. As we had only gone about 5 miles, I hopped out and walked back home for some R&R, much to my sister's annoyance.

It was only when they got home that night that I was told that about 10 minutes after I left, Radio Bristol issued a correction, stating that one of my schoolmates apparently does a very good headmaster impression.

orchard101
Lemon Pip

Postby orchard101 » February 3rd, 2019, 4:07 pm

I live about 8 miles north of Blackpool on the North west coast and we very rarely get snow laying and staying, presumably because of the sea air.

Some years ago this was turned on its head. I lived in a very small, narrow road, and one morning looked out and all I could see was the roof of my car and we had difficulty opening the front door. I had a bookeeping appointment with a client who ran an at home care service just a bit further south. When I rang to cancel they heaved a sigh of relief/ They were in chaos as most of their staff could not get into work and the clients were waiting.

Never had the same since and I'm taking at least 20 years ago (thank goodness).

Slarti
Lemon Quarter

Postby Slarti » February 3rd, 2019, 5:14 pm

30 odd years ago I worked for a company that had a place at Maylandsea, out on the Dengie Peninsular and, as was my habit I was aiming to be there by 08:00 so I could go home early.

Due to there having been ice and snow I was listening to local radio and as I passed a named landmark a traffic bulletin came on saying that the B1021 was blocked by a snowdrift, just where I was :shock:

There was no sign that there had been snow on the road and little on the fields either side.

So when I got to work about 10 minutes later I phoned the radio station to give them my update, only to be told that I must be wrong as their DJ had called in to say he couldn't get through for that morning's broadcast. The DJ disappeared off the airwaves a few weeks later :lol:

Slarti

Return to “Beerpig's Snug”