Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to gpadsa,Steffers0,lansdown,Wasron,jfgw, for Donating to support the site

Closer to St Peter

A virtual pub for off topic, light hearted pub related banter and discussion. No trainers
AsleepInYorkshire
Lemon Half

Closer to St Peter

Postby AsleepInYorkshire » February 2nd, 2019, 2:35 pm

There's a four letter word which starts with F that seems to sit on the cusp of good taste. My daughter has found it funny for all of her first 11 years. Imagine, if you will please, that I am a 15 year old with a 13 year old sister. Dad's been spending time lately buying budgies which he keeps in a shed in the garden. He take us with him when he's buying new stock. Whilst he is stood talking to another breeder he pops out a little fart. Well actually not that little. A resounding trumpet like fanfare. Of course being a man of great breeding he immediately apologises and carries on regardless. However, in the background two hysterical teenagers giggling aren't quite helping him to diffuse the situation. In an effort to clear the atmosphere he sends us both to the car. Where we laugh unconsolably until his return. 40 years later my daughter hugs her tummy and struggles for breath as I recant the tale.

These days I fart quite a lot more than I used to. And that's good for my health. Indeed that has delayed my appointment with the great man himself, St Peter. My farts are different to most though. Well they had to be didn't they :D. 95% of them do not smell. They have no odour. These farts start their life at my nose. Oh yes.

Some of you may recall me in a different persona. I joined the TMF community boards in February 2000 as kimnhim. If my memory serves me correctly I changed my name to himnkim. I'm the him :roll:. I wasn't too well at the time. My illness has been difficult to overcome.

In 2016 I self referred to see a top consultant in sleep disorders. Within 4 months I was correctly diagnosed with severe obstructive sleep apnea. I have never been overweight or snored. Thus any correct diagnosis from the NHS was going to be difficult. Today the NHS is aware that you do not have to be overweight or snore to have this condition. My condition is congenital. I no longer take a multitude of medications. I've spent the last two years recovering from the effects of 45 years of sleep deprivation. For the most I am back on my feet. Not before the condition has had a huge negative impact upon my life. Financially, emotionally and socially I am as good as bankrupt.

Tenacity had brought me this far. That and a huge amount of inner strength. Can I drop a little caveat in please. I am not seeking sympathy. My goal is transparency. I am determined to rebuild my world. And I am now fit enough to turn my mind to my finances. They aren't good. I'm hoping to call in to TLF occasionally to start to understand where I can help myself with my finances.

I'd also like to just chat too.

Each night I don my non invasive ventilation mask. CPAP keeps my airways open and allows me to sleep normally. Sometimes the pressure of air and my sleeping position conspire and I swallow air. That air can only re-emerge in one of two directions.

I've had a few talks with St Peter. He's not called time on me just yet. And I'm hoping I have decades ahead of me.

Who would have thought that something as innocent as a fart could or would be the sign that someone is human again.

sg31
Lemon Quarter

Re: Closer to St Peter

Postby sg31 » February 2nd, 2019, 2:47 pm

Sorry to hear of your problems but it appears you are now getting on top of them. Good luck with your recovery. If you are looking for advice I'm sure the Lemon fool community will do their best to provide it and if we can't at least we might be able to provide a sympathetic ear.

Return to “Beerpig's Snug”