Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva, for Donating to support the site

Michael Jackson

A virtual pub for off topic, light hearted pub related banter and discussion. No trainers
BhotiPila
2 Lemon pips

Re: Michael Jackson

Postby BhotiPila » March 13th, 2019, 5:51 am

Howyoudoin wrote:
DiamondEcho wrote:I was in Tesco yesterday and they were playing his music over the PA, I thought that very strange.

Anyone else have a feeling of deja vu?

:D

HYD

Its an Echo

stevensfo
Lemon Quarter

Postby stevensfo » March 13th, 2019, 7:19 am

I don't think it's strange at all. His music is brilliant. The problem is where do you draw the line in this 'shock-horror-offended' society we live in? Should students be banned from reading Nabokov's Lolita because the age of consent and ideas about what's acceptable have changed?

After that, why stop at sexual abuse? What about mental and physical abuse? Is forcing young boys to play rugby in the pouring rain when they hate rugby considered abuse?

If so, anyone know how to get an 80-year old ex-PE teacher extradited to the Haag for trial? :-)

Steve

dionaeamuscipula
Lemon Quarter

Postby dionaeamuscipula » March 13th, 2019, 9:25 am

stevensfo wrote: Is forcing young boys to play rugby in the pouring rain when they hate rugby considered abuse?

It certainly was by one of the kids I coach, who, leaving the stands to go on as a substitute on a particularly wet day shouted "This isn't rugby, it's child abuse!"

DM

Return to “Beerpig's Snug”