Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

Duty of Care

A virtual pub for off topic, light hearted pub related banter and discussion. No trainers
Howyoudoin
Lemon Quarter

Duty of Care

Postby Howyoudoin » March 20th, 2019, 7:42 pm

I've never watched Love Island and expect you haven't either - it's not really aimed at us intellectual types.

However, I take it from my newsfeed that there have been two previous contestants in the last year that have topped themselves. And ITV are getting in the neck for not providing enough care for contestants after they've been on the show.

Erm, what?

Isn't this a reality show, like the Essex and Chelsea 'soaps' where the whole idea is to have multiple relationships in full view of the watching public and get as rich and famous as is possible in the shortest amount of time?

I haven't clicked on the any of the links to get more of an understanding on why these unfortunate people are committing suicide but I guess it's for one of two reasons. Either they're TOO famous now the show has ended and they can't take it or they're not famous enough and they can't take it.

Either way, I fail to see how ITV are to blame.

Can anyone enlighten me?

HYD

Return to “Beerpig's Snug”