Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to gpadsa,Steffers0,lansdown,Wasron,jfgw, for Donating to support the site

Light hearted pub related banter

A virtual pub for off topic, light hearted pub related banter and discussion. No trainers
Itsallaguess
Lemon Half

Re: Light hearted pub related banter

Postby Itsallaguess » April 4th, 2019, 4:41 pm

brightncheerful wrote:
As someone who showers every morning and combs his hair afterwards and rarely looks in a mirror let alone combs his locks again during the rest of the day/evening, pride in my hair appearance is not my scene.

Once each morning is pride overload for a bloke......anything more than a ruffle to flatten it out a bit would be a reportable incident, with enquiries taking place at the earliest opportunity.....

Weddings and funerals only for me.

That's my wedding and funeral, mind, not anyone else's......

Cheers,

Itsallaguess

tjh290633
Lemon Half

Postby tjh290633 » April 4th, 2019, 5:37 pm

bungeejumper wrote:
tjh290633 wrote:...the current girl took over, and has an apprentice learning the ropes. It doesn't take much longer than 10 minutes for mine, and that includes trimming the eyebrows, but the price includes the search fee.

Blimey. Just which part of your anatomy does the search fee relate to? In our town, it's the sunbed'n beauty parlour that deals with that department.

BJ

She is searching for the hair on my head. Haven't you heard that one before?

TJH

tjh290633
Lemon Half

Postby tjh290633 » April 4th, 2019, 5:42 pm

Watis wrote:My father told a story of a barber who, back in the mid-twentieth century, charged just 1d for a haircut!

The barber used a cutthroat razor to shave the head in three grand sweeps and, if he cut you, you didn't have to pay!

Watis

During the 39-45 War it was 2d for a shave and 4d for a haircut. You could also have a singe for 1d.

TJH

Gaggsy
Lemon Slice

Postby Gaggsy » April 4th, 2019, 6:16 pm

tjh290633 wrote:During the 39-45 War it was 2d for a shave and 4d for a haircut. You could also have a singe for 1d.

TJH

simsqu wrote:Ladies and Gentlemen, boys and girls, ISIRTA proudly announces the return, for one day only, of the Beerpig Dirty Post Book:

And now, Ladies and Gentlemen, from the Beerpig Dirty Post Book (Part 2):

"During the 39-45 War it was 2d for a ...... and 4d for a ...... . You could also have a ...... for 1d"

Fnarr fnarr

sg31
Lemon Quarter

Postby sg31 » April 4th, 2019, 6:49 pm

tjh290633 wrote:
Watis wrote:My father told a story of a barber who, back in the mid-twentieth century, charged just 1d for a haircut!

The barber used a cutthroat razor to shave the head in three grand sweeps and, if he cut you, you didn't have to pay!

Watis

During the 39-45 War it was 2d for a shave and 4d for a haircut. You could also have a singe for 1d.

TJH

Takes me back to my childhood in Sheffield. The steelworks worked a shift system so there were set times when workers came out of the works. One local barber known as lightninig Jack was trained in the army during WW2, he could do a full haircut in under a minute. The tram and bus stops were outside his shop and customers would come out of work and call in for a haircut while waiting for the bus. Even if they could see the bus coming a couple of stops away they knew they still had time for a haircut.

In those days the options were short back and sides or square neck for adults, boys had the option of a crew cut instead. Personally I could never tell the difference in the first two. My mother refused to let me have the crew cut I always wanted because that was what rough boys had. I always fancied being a rough boy but I wasn't the type to be totally honest.

nimnarb
Lemon Quarter

Postby nimnarb » April 5th, 2019, 4:38 am

Howyoudoin wrote:
nimnarb wrote:About $45.00 including tip.....................you lot of cheapskates :lol:

What the . . . ?!

Have you had a sex change?

HYD

Nah, I'm just naturally beautiful with rather a lot of hair. :D Living in the States we get used to tipping well and its part of life. Leaving a £1.00 tip on a £7.00 cut would be seen as an insult here. But the real reason is that I can give her literally 10 minutes notice and she will fit me in regardless how busy she is, plus and its a big plus she is from Cuba, sends my heartbeat up as probably a size 44 Double D, about 26 and normally wears low tops and I just love it when she washes my hair over the sink.................lovely jubbly. :mrgreen:

Return to “Beerpig's Snug”