Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Anonymous,bruncher,niord,gvonge,Shelford, for Donating to support the site

Wind up

A virtual pub for off topic, light hearted pub related banter and discussion. No trainers
bungeejumper
Lemon Half

Re: Wind up

Postby bungeejumper » March 30th, 2019, 12:34 pm

I once had a colleague who insisted on bringing her dog into work every day because, she said, it got lonely at home. An Irish setter, commonly known as a farting setter. It would stroll into my office every morning, lie down on the carpet, and let fly right under my desk - whereupon I would chase it out, and it would then repeat the process throughout the building.

You always knew where it was by the sound of protesting voices echoing up the staircase. Trust me, no human could ever stink quite as badly as that old mutt. Can you sue a dog for harassment?

BJ

UncleEbenezer
The full Lemon

Postby UncleEbenezer » March 30th, 2019, 11:18 pm

bungeejumper wrote:I once had a colleague who insisted on bringing her dog into work every day because, she said, it got lonely at home. An Irish setter, commonly known as a farting setter. It would stroll into my office every morning, lie down on the carpet, and let fly right under my desk - whereupon I would chase it out, and it would then repeat the process throughout the building.

You always knew where it was by the sound of protesting voices echoing up the staircase. Trust me, no human could ever stink quite as badly as that old mutt. Can you sue a dog for harassment?

BJ

Most things dogs do, a human is to blame at some level. In this case, the dog's diet would seem to be a prime suspect.

I've known many dogs. One had a truly mighty (though silent) fart, others have had more moderate farts or nothing discernible at all.

Humans vary too. I knew a woman who made herself nauseous with the fragrance of her own farts in a small space.

bungeejumper
Lemon Half

Postby bungeejumper » March 31st, 2019, 9:49 am

UncleEbenezer wrote:Humans vary too. I knew a woman who made herself nauseous with the fragrance of her own farts in a small space.

Farting in a lift. It's just wrong - and I mean, on every level.

BJ

gryffron
Lemon Quarter

Postby gryffron » April 2nd, 2019, 5:10 pm

A friend of mine fed their dog vegetarian dogfood.
The dog loved it, but farted all day and all night.
It never got vegetarian dogfood ever again.

Maybe that's your red setter's problem?

;)

UncleIan
Lemon Slice

Postby UncleIan » April 2nd, 2019, 5:23 pm

gryffron wrote:A friend of mine fed their dog vegetarian dogfood.

We had a dog that was fed a fairly normal diet, but every so often it would manage to eat some cabbage out of the compost bin. Several hours later it would be in its usual position, asleep in front of the fire, soaking up most of the heat, when it would let out a silent puff, the first we'd know about it was whoever was sat closest to the back end of said dog, they'd exclaim some near profanity and their eyes would start streaming. As the foul stench drifted round the room more of the family were curled up in pain and holding their nose and trying not to breath. As it wafted to the dog's much more sensitive nose, it was so offensive as to wake the dog up, whereupon it would look round with a "oh come on! Who the hell dropped that one and woke me up? You need a doctor! Jaysus!" look on her face. Priceless.
Cabbage leaves got buried in the heap after that.

bungeejumper
Lemon Half

Postby bungeejumper » April 2nd, 2019, 5:44 pm

gryffron wrote:A friend of mine fed their dog vegetarian dogfood.

Maybe that's your red setter's problem?

;)

I think flatulence is in the genes with this particular breed of setter. Along with having zero road sense, another characteristic that's very well known.

That said, my neighbour had to keep her pointer indoors whenever ripe apples were falling from the trees in her garden. Once it had scoffed half a dozen apples (which it loved, BTW), the only alternative would have been to keep it permanently outside. :lol:

BJ

AleisterCrowley
Lemon Half

Postby AleisterCrowley » April 2nd, 2019, 7:32 pm

My mate back home hit a red setter which had decided to escape from a local house and run down the road greeting cars.
He took the dazed setter to the vet for a checkup.
It was fine. He asked the vet if there was a risk of brain damage.
"Hmm....red setter...zero chance"

Return to “Beerpig's Snug”