Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Wasron,jfgw,Rhyd6,eyeball08,Wondergirly, for Donating to support the site

The passing of an old friend from TMF

A virtual pub for off topic, light hearted pub related banter and discussion. No trainers
Carmensfella

The passing of an old friend from TMF

Postby Carmensfella » May 6th, 2019, 7:36 pm

I just thought I should record somewhere on this website that a very popular poster from our Motley days has passed away last week......The posting name that many of you will recognise was 'Skegbyhouse' and he always liked to post long and thoughtfully about current affairs and investing. He did get to know quite a few Fools socially and was a regular at the many Mello investor events that originally started via TMF and Paulypilots Pub.....A number of us are attending his funeral.

Roberts wife Margaret and her son Geoff are going to attend the Mello Awards ( https://melloevents.com/awards/ ) on the evening of the 16th May in Chiswick and will present the 'Robert Sutton Award' to an individual person who has dedicated an inordinate amount of their time and effort without financial reward for the benefit of others...

That definitely captures what Robert was all about...thoughtful, helpful and generous in time and financially where needed.

Margaret will also stay with us for the evening and so it will be excellent if a few of you can be around to reminisce your memories of Robert with her. I know Edwyn (KingMcKong), Steve (Gostevie) and Paul (Paulypilot) will be there along with many, many others so why not come along and meet up with old friends from TMF days

For any of you who got to know him and wish to support his designated charity here is his donations page...

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/ ... ce=twitter

David

Return to “Beerpig's Snug”