Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Rhyd6,eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77, for Donating to support the site

The New CEO

A virtual pub for off topic, light hearted pub related banter and discussion. No trainers
Howyoudoin
Lemon Quarter

The New CEO

Postby Howyoudoin » August 13th, 2019, 9:34 pm

If you work in an office, you're probably used to being moved around every six months or so.

Last week 10 people were displaced on my floor and a glass box put up where they used to work.

Didn't take a genius to deduct that something big was going to happen soon but was still a surprise to me to hear today that our current CEO (who was quite happy with an office the size of 4 people's space) is stepping down.

Can anyone better an office for one that comfortably fitted 10 people beforehand?

HYD

AleisterCrowley
Lemon Half

Re: The New CEO

Postby AleisterCrowley » August 13th, 2019, 9:43 pm

Not sure where our current CEO sits but the previous one had a small partitioned area. Our COO has a normal desk next to his PA in a corner. This is a company employing >20,000 people with >£6bn revenue.

UncleEbenezer
The full Lemon

Postby UncleEbenezer » August 13th, 2019, 10:11 pm

Howyoudoin wrote:If you work in an office, you're probably used to being moved around every six months or so.

Last week 10 people were displaced on my floor and a glass box put up where they used to work.

Didn't take a genius to deduct that something big was going to happen soon but was still a surprise to me to hear today that our current CEO (who was quite happy with an office the size of 4 people's space) is stepping down.

Can anyone better an office for one that comfortably fitted 10 people beforehand?

HYD

You're in the City, aren't you? With some outsize egos? Perhaps it'll be the helipad next.

Slarti
Lemon Quarter

Postby Slarti » August 14th, 2019, 9:51 am

Many, many years ago, as junior audit clerk, I was sent from the Southend office where I was based up to London to help a team from head office doing the audit on a Lloyds broker (or something like that) who had offices in the old Lloyds building.

On my 2nd day I was told to go and get something that the Chairman's secretary had ready for us (CEO not being a term then).
I swear there were clouds gathering in the distance of the office. It had a board table similar to the Cabinet one that we keep seeing in the news, though wider, and then beyond that and area the same size again with 3 desks of varying size and comfortable seating are with easy chairs and a coffee table.

I eventually got to the lady sitting at the smallest desk who turned out to be the PA to the Chairman's Secretary, according to the sign on her desk, after a heavy hike through deep carpet. Given a foolscap envelope I then had to hike all the way back and down to the basement office where we had been parked.

Never seen anything like it, before or since.

Slarti

Return to “Beerpig's Snug”