Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva, for Donating to support the site

Just got married

A virtual pub for off topic, light hearted pub related banter and discussion. No trainers
Howyoudoin
Lemon Quarter

Just got married

Postby Howyoudoin » September 2nd, 2019, 11:21 pm

Got married earlier this year so thought i'd try to take more interest in TV programmes that the Mrs enjoys, like Strictly.

Actually really enjoyed the last series, especially when Stacey's dress rode right up in the final.

But now I hear that, due to our PC times :roll: , Strictly 2020 will include same sex couples. Fair enough I guess but i'm out. This is a very good chance for me to get the Mrs to take more interest in stuff that I like.

Star Wars, Terminator and Pulp Fiction, here we come.

HYD

tjh290633
Lemon Half

Re: Just got married

Postby tjh290633 » September 3rd, 2019, 9:21 am

Presumably that involves ladies in hats dancing around their handbags on the floor.

Nothing new on this earth.

TJH

Slarti
Lemon Quarter

Postby Slarti » September 3rd, 2019, 11:52 am

"Statley as 2 galleons ..."

Slarti

Mike88
Lemon Slice

Postby Mike88 » September 3rd, 2019, 12:04 pm

When's the divorce? ;) I'm with you but to get females liking Star Wars and the excellent Pulp Fiction is a near impossibility. I've just learned to tolerate Strictly but draw the line at the X Factor and Britain's Got Talent.

Slarti
Lemon Quarter

Postby Slarti » September 3rd, 2019, 12:10 pm

Mike88 wrote: but to get females liking Star Wars and the excellent Pulp Fiction is a near impossibility.

You need a different selection of females :lol:

Mrs S like the original 3 Star Wars (and some of the current ones that I can't stand) and Pulp Fiction.

Slarti

Howyoudoin
Lemon Quarter

Postby Howyoudoin » September 3rd, 2019, 12:16 pm

Mike88 wrote:I've just learned to tolerate Strictly but draw the line at the X Factor and Britain's Got Talent.

Same here. Strictly is 'high brow' compared to those cringeworthy shows.

Shame that Strictly has bowed to pressure to become 'more inclusive' or whatever the latest PC term is but I guess it's main target audience / phone voters are not straight male anyway.

HYD

StepOne
Lemon Slice

Postby StepOne » September 3rd, 2019, 1:58 pm

Slarti wrote:
Mike88 wrote: but to get females liking Star Wars and the excellent Pulp Fiction is a near impossibility.

Mrs S like the original 3 Star Wars (and some of the current ones that I can't stand) and Pulp Fiction.

If she claims to like the Star Wars prequels, then she's clearly just being nice to avoid hurting your feelings.... :lol:

StepOne

Slarti
Lemon Quarter

Postby Slarti » September 3rd, 2019, 4:55 pm

StepOne wrote:If she claims to like the Star Wars prequels, then she's clearly just being nice to avoid hurting your feelings.... :lol:

Did I mention the prequels?

And if she did not like them it just confirm to me her good taste as I think they are cr@p :twisted:

Slarti

StepOne
Lemon Slice

Postby StepOne » September 4th, 2019, 9:16 am

Slarti wrote:
StepOne wrote:If she claims to like the Star Wars prequels, then she's clearly just being nice to avoid hurting your feelings.... :lol:

Did I mention the prequels?

No, that's why I started with 'If'. ;)

StepOne

AleisterCrowley
Lemon Half

Postby AleisterCrowley » September 4th, 2019, 12:24 pm

'Let us not bandy semantics'

kempiejon
Lemon Quarter

Postby kempiejon » September 4th, 2019, 3:12 pm

Howyoudoin wrote:Got married earlier this year so thought i'd try to take more interest in TV programmes that the Mrs enjoys, like Strictly.

Actually really enjoyed the last series, especially when Stacey's dress rode right up in the final.

But now I hear that, due to our PC times :roll: , Strictly 2020 will include same sex couples. Fair enough I guess but i'm out. This is a very good chance for me to get the Mrs to take more interest in stuff that I like.

HYD

Do the same-sex bits in Pulp Fiction not put you off that?

Howyoudoin
Lemon Quarter

Postby Howyoudoin » September 4th, 2019, 3:27 pm

kempiejon wrote:
Howyoudoin wrote:Got married earlier this year so thought i'd try to take more interest in TV programmes that the Mrs enjoys, like Strictly.

HYD

Do the same-sex bits in Pulp Fiction not put you off that?

Providing we are talking about the same scene, the sex is non-consensual. It's still hard to watch but makes you root even more for the perpetrator's comeuppance.

HYD

stevensfo
Lemon Quarter

Postby stevensfo » September 4th, 2019, 7:16 pm

HYD

Hmm, just be grateful it's only Strictly and she hasn't got you watching those mind-numbing soaps. Unless it's changed, Eastenders made Pulp Fiction look like Father Ted and Emmerdale Farm was just like Horroration Street, only with more fields and hills. There's an Australian one as well that my Mum watches.

I like the suggestion about girls dancing around their handbags. Wonder what the blokes could dance round?

Steve

tjh290633
Lemon Half

Postby tjh290633 » September 4th, 2019, 7:49 pm

stevensfo wrote:

HYD

Hmm, just be grateful it's only Strictly and she hasn't got you watching those mind-numbing soaps. Unless it's changed, Eastenders made Pulp Fiction look like Father Ted and Emmerdale Farm was just like Horroration Street, only with more fields and hills. There's an Australian one as well that my Mum watches.

I like the suggestion about girls dancing around their handbags. Wonder what the blokes could dance round?

Steve

We would usually have gone the bar. Alternatively split them up and get dancing with what looks like the better prospect.

TJH

Howyoudoin
Lemon Quarter

Postby Howyoudoin » September 4th, 2019, 8:44 pm

stevensfo wrote:

HYD

Very happy to report that she hates soaps even more than I do.

She likes murder mysteries but not the nasty ones like the Nordic Noirs but more like Inspector Montalbano and Death in Paradise.

HYD

AsleepInYorkshire
Lemon Half

Postby AsleepInYorkshire » September 4th, 2019, 11:04 pm

HYD

Good luck. There are three men in our home. Me, the dog and the hamster. We have intellectual chats each evening about the quality of sunflower seeds, the cost of Chappie and the huge saving on our electric bill because we have A+ TV's. The two ladies of our home discuss what they are recording, what they are watching, what they have to watch and when they will meet up to discuss any repeats they fancy.

AiY

Return to “Beerpig's Snug”