Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva, for Donating to support the site

Anyone recognise this guy?

A virtual pub for off topic, light hearted pub related banter and discussion. No trainers
ReformedCharacter
Lemon Quarter

Re: Anyone recognise this guy?

Postby ReformedCharacter » September 6th, 2019, 4:05 pm

OLTB wrote:Just seen this - Shine on you crazy diamond...love love love Pink Floyd...

Cheers, OLTB.

You might like to try this version :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D97gP-1zyqQ

RC

kiloran
Lemon Quarter

Postby kiloran » September 6th, 2019, 4:12 pm

ReformedCharacter wrote:
OLTB wrote:Just seen this - Shine on you crazy diamond...love love love Pink Floyd...

Cheers, OLTB.

You might like to try this version :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D97gP-1zyqQ

RC

Yes, seen that before. They're really good, aren't they

--kiloran

monabri
Lemon Half

Postby monabri » September 6th, 2019, 4:49 pm

By the way, which one's Pink?

dionaeamuscipula
Lemon Quarter

Postby dionaeamuscipula » September 6th, 2019, 5:04 pm

scotia wrote:
kiloran wrote:I'm stewarding at a local art exhibition and saw this picture by a local artist
https://imgur.com/eV0S4Nv

A gold star in your book if you recognise him.
It's still for sale at £110

--kiloran

The interesting part surely is - did he sit for your local artist, or is the sketch simply based on some other image? I suspect the price suggests the latter.

Taken from the photo here:

https://pitchfork.com/features/apprecia ... d-barrett/

DM

OLTB
Lemon Quarter

Postby OLTB » September 6th, 2019, 5:18 pm

monabri wrote:By the way, which one's Pink?

Ha ha - have a cigar!

Cheers, OLTB.

kempiejon
Lemon Quarter

Postby kempiejon » September 6th, 2019, 5:34 pm

Occasionally Bob Geldof was Pink.

kiloran thanks for the star.

BrummieDave
Lemon Slice

Postby BrummieDave » September 6th, 2019, 5:58 pm

Anyone else go to the Pink Floyd exhibition, 'Their Mortal Remains', at the V&A a couple of years ago?

Packed full of memorabilia and other artefacts all presented in a very creative manner, and ending with the large darkened studio playing 'Comfortably Numb' on a loop; I really enjoyed it!

I also went to the 'David Bowie Is' exhibition at the V&A the previous year, which was even better IMHO.

genou
Lemon Quarter

Postby genou » September 6th, 2019, 11:06 pm

BrummieDave wrote:Anyone else go to the Pink Floyd exhibition, 'Their Mortal Remains', at the V&A a couple of years ago?

Packed full of memorabilia and other artefacts all presented in a very creative manner, and ending with the large darkened studio playing 'Comfortably Numb' on a loop; I really enjoyed it!

I also went to the 'David Bowie Is' exhibition at the V&A the previous year, which was even better IMHO.

Bowie must have been bloody good. Floyd exhibition was great. Both I and CC#2 still have the T-shirts. The sound system was cracking ( i.e. when you approached an exhibit it picked up the audio at the point to match the looping video ) .

panamagold
Lemon Slice

Postby panamagold » September 7th, 2019, 8:42 am

Cheers, OLTB.

In June this year Dave Gilmour's "Black Strat" was sold at Christie's for US$3.975 million, becoming the most valuable guitar ever sold, privately or at auction.
The Black Strat was Gilmour's primary performance and recording guitar on every Pink Floyd album from 1970 to 1983 plus all four of his solo albums. It is the primary guitar used on The Dark Side of the Moon, Wish You Were Here, Animals and The Wall. It was also the guitar played in the famous Gilmour guitar solo in 'Shine on You Crazy Diamond'.

BrummieDave
Lemon Slice

Postby BrummieDave » September 7th, 2019, 9:11 am

genou wrote:
BrummieDave wrote:Anyone else go to the Pink Floyd exhibition, 'Their Mortal Remains', at the V&A a couple of years ago?

Bowie must have been bloody good. Floyd exhibition was great. Both I and CC#2 still have the T-shirts. The sound system was cracking ( i.e. when you approached an exhibit it picked up the audio at the point to match the looping video ) .

Objectively they may have been equal but, as I written on a thread elsewhere on LF, Bowie and his music and the cultural influences he created have had a massive, enduring influence on my life and my family's, so perhaps my comment was more subjective. I'm not a wearer of T-shirts, but the framed poster from the exhibition is in our hall, a gift from my wife.

But before I stray too O/T, I would repeat that the Pink Floyd exhibition, and especially the darkened room at the end playing classic tracks, was spectacular, and thoroughly enjoyable. On a slightly smaller scale, some folks may be interested to learn that there's a Black Sabbath exhibition currently running at Birmingham Museum (in the excellent Gas Hall) although I haven't been: https://www.birminghammuseums.org.uk/bm ... h-50-years

Return to “Beerpig's Snug”