Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Rhyd6,eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77, for Donating to support the site

Emperor's New Clothes

A virtual pub for off topic, light hearted pub related banter and discussion. No trainers
bungeejumper
Lemon Half

Re: Emperor's New Clothes

Postby bungeejumper » September 16th, 2019, 11:20 am

LOL, not exactly. It has all the component parts of the 1976 masterpiece, but not necessarily in the right ratios.

BJ

Rhyd6
Lemon Quarter

Postby Rhyd6 » September 16th, 2019, 3:49 pm

Chwarae teg CK if we translate your offerings into Welsh I reckon you've got a decent shot at the Bardic Chair at next years Eisteddfod :D

R6

terminal7
Lemon Quarter

Postby terminal7 » September 16th, 2019, 8:06 pm

These are limited edition etchings CK (as I assume you know) - 20 plus some artist proofs - signed and numbered. Maybe the artist will get 33%/50% of gallery price - though in this case probably at bottom end.

Given she is relatively well known in London art circles - there maybe some asset value on resale - though at an auction unlikely to exceed the current price for years if at all. This is not an investment - so you either like it - not really expensive - or just look away.

I have been buying limited edition lithographs for a long time. One* I bought at auction 30 years ago - as part of a group of lithos in a Perspex box by 18 London based young artists of the 60s/70s - for £650 is now on sale for $15k in New York. This has the words 'Hot Shot' on a coloured background. Of course, that's the one of a few that have increased significantly in value - many of the artists I have bought through the decades have vanished from view and their work has little monetary value. However, I like them and they give my family pleasure.

T7

* Artist is Ed Ruscha - his paintings go for very large amounts

Clitheroekid
Lemon Quarter

Postby Clitheroekid » October 6th, 2019, 9:10 pm

I was astonished to see that pretty mediocre Banksy painting sold for nearly £10m - absolutely incredible!

However, it looks like a bargain compared to this, for a mere £3.25m - https://www.sothebys.com/en/auctions/ec ... ?locale=en

I watched a fascinating programme a couple of weeks ago called The $50 Million Art Swindle, that's still available on iPlayer - https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m ... rt-swindle It was all about a rascal called Michael Cohen, who swindled art dealers out of said $50m. But when I see what art dealers are able to palm off on a gullible and excessively wealthy public for millions of pounds on a daily basis I can't help wondering who is the biggest swindler! ;)

Return to “Beerpig's Snug”