Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva, for Donating to support the site

The hunt is on for the gold khazi

A virtual pub for off topic, light hearted pub related banter and discussion. No trainers
Leothebear
Lemon Quarter

The hunt is on for the gold khazi

Postby Leothebear » September 14th, 2019, 7:13 pm

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-o ... e-49700620

I have to confess when I first heard about this I assumed it was part of the luxurious fittings at Blenheim Palace.
This prompted a rant, about the just how fatuous were the cravings for those who already had everything. My rant was render impotent when it was revealed it is simply a daft piece of art, in an exhibition set at the said palace.

Clitheroekid
Lemon Quarter

Re: The hunt is on for the gold khazi

Postby Clitheroekid » September 14th, 2019, 8:00 pm

If the thief gets caught and arrives at the chambers of Clitheroekid QC for advice I'll tell him to claim that taking said khazi was simply an artistic statement that the Plod are too dumb to comprehend.

We'll say that it represented a liberation of a great art work from a bastion of the feudal establishment, and that if he hadn't been apprehended he was planning to install it in a local public lavatory to demonstrate the contradictory values by which we set art for the rich above the needs of the people.

And we'd throw in for good measure something about how this `installation' would stand (or perhaps sit) as a bleak statement about the futility of existence.

Acquitted with costs! ;)

bungeejumper
Lemon Half

Re: The hunt is on for the gold khazi

Postby bungeejumper » September 15th, 2019, 9:28 am

I believe the BBC said that the visitors to Blenheim Palace had been allowed to use the golden throne for its intended purpose? Although they had been limited to five minutes apiece, in order to reduce the queuing time.

The search continues. Until then, the police say, they have nothing to go on.

BJ

Return to “Beerpig's Snug”